Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

    It seems to me that if you aren’t 100% on board with the Democrats entire agenda you’re not welcome. Maybe that isn’t entirely fair but perception is reality.

    Upholding Democracy is much more important to me than anything else so I’m on board with them for the foreseeable future.
    No. Everybody who wants to fight Nazis is welcome. Liz Fucking Cheney is welcome. We allied with Stalin to defeat Hitler FFS.

    Perception isn't reality, that's just a pithy Marshall McLuhan slogan that sounds deep but is actually just a commonplace dressed up to appear transgressive. Perception is a social fact: we have to deal with the misperceptions of idiots, and the deliberate lies of operatives preying on idiots. Misperception has consequences, even if it relies on hidden assumptions with no basis in reality (c.f., all of American conservatism since about 1957). But lies are still lies; it doesn't matter how many times they are repeated or how many people believe them.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Or culture wars really drive some people.

      I know a gay person who voted for trump because the white superiority is more important than gay rights
      That's... wow.

      I know there were Jews who collaborated with the Nazis but I don't know of any Jews who were actually balls out sincere advocates of Nazism. "OK, they're not so good on us, but they're really gonna stick it to those dirty Slavs!"
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

        It seems to me that if you aren’t 100% on board with the Democrats entire agenda you’re not welcome. Maybe that isn’t entirely fair but perception is reality.

        Upholding Democracy is much more important to me than anything else so I’m on board with them for the foreseeable future.
        How can a party with +90% of its voter base made up of white people be the ‘bigger tent’ party?
        Based on your past votes, minus the one for Biden, upholding democracy seems far from your mind. Any vote for the GOP at this point is as good as voting for subverting democracy. Perception is reality, as you say...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Or culture wars really drive some people.

          I know a gay person who voted for trump because the white superiority is more important than gay rights
          This is more common than you think. The Nazi Party has it's 3 culture war pillar (gays, god, guns) and the voters on those issues are very loyal and intractable. Your example is a perfect reflection of that. Biggest one is abortion. Someone who is against abortion will automatically vote Republican. Period.
          Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 06-01-2021, 12:58 PM.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

          Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

          Comment


          • The Republican tent going back to Reagan has included the nothing more than the 1%, yet so fucking idiots election after election fall for it every single time. In no particular order until any of the 3 are significantly curtailed the lower and middle class will continue to fall back:

            -Citizens United
            -Lobby industry
            -Deregulation

            Abject racism doesn't help but I don't think we can legislate that out of the equation.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

              This is more common than you think. The Nazi Party has it's 3 culture war pillar (gays, god, guns) and the voters on those issues are very loyal and intractable. Your example is a perfect reflection of that. Biggest one is abortion. Someone who is against abortion will automatically vote Republican. Period.
              Strongly agree. I don’t think abortion is a hill worth dying on for the Democrats but I’m also not a woman.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

                Strongly agree. I don’t think abortion is a hill worth dying on for the Democrats but I’m also not a woman.
                Yeah. Try not having autonomy over your body.
                But I get it. I can’t think of a dumber hill to die on than guns
                Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 06-01-2021, 01:57 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

                  Strongly agree. I don’t think abortion is a hill worth dying on for the Democrats but I’m also not a woman.
                  I guess this explains why 6/10 women voted for Biden...including what, 9/10 black women? Bigger tent party...lol.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

                    Yeah. Try not having autonomy over your body.
                    But I get it. I can’t think of a dumber hill to die on than guns
                    Look, we all know guns have had more rights than women, especially black women, since the founding of this country. They need a bigger tent to fit all the guns and ammunition, while they shoot out of it at the rest of us.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

                      Strongly agree. I don’t think abortion is a hill worth dying on for the Democrats but I’m also not a woman.
                      Other than democracy itself, it's the hill worth dying on.

                      Women without choice are slaves.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

                        Yeah. Try not having autonomy over your body.
                        But I get it. I can’t think of a dumber hill to die on than guns
                        Yeah, agree that democrats have blown it on guns. I think at times they’ve tried to engage with gun owners but it never comes across very authentic. Any gun owner with a brain is stuck with them now due to how bad the Republicans are.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Any gun owner with a brain
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

                            Yeah, agree that democrats have blown it on guns. I think at times they’ve tried to engage with gun owners but it never comes across very authentic. Any gun owner with a brain is stuck with them now due to how bad the Republicans are.
                            I meant that morons who vote against all self interest except when it comes to guns. Like a bunch of people who vote R.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

                              Yeah, agree that democrats have blown it on guns. I think at times they’ve tried to engage with gun owners but it never comes across very authentic. Any gun owner with a brain is stuck with them now due to how bad the Republicans are.
                              And tell us again how someone so mentally incapacitated that they can't manage their own finances should be allowed to own a gun.

                              We tried to engage you for weeks on that, and you weren't having it at all. You couldn't even grasp the concept of what people were telling you, you made it into something entirely different, just cause it suited your view to do so. that view being, 2A says I can own guns, period.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                                That's... wow.

                                I know there were Jews who collaborated with the Nazis but I don't know of any Jews who were actually balls out sincere advocates of Nazism. "OK, they're not so good on us, but they're really gonna stick it to those dirty Slavs!"
                                I know of a Black Gay Man who is a full on Trump lover. He is good friends with one of my closest friends. Some people you just can't reach...
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

                                "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

                                Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X