Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swansong
    replied
    https://twitter.com/Olivia_Beavers/s...5Es1_&ref_url=

Olivia Beavers

@Olivia_Beavers
    McCarthy’s team laid out a compromise that would give in to nearly every demand expressed by the current defectors. Plan discusses everything from rules committee seats to house floor vote guarantees, a source familiar tells me.
    "Fine have it all, everything! Just let me be Speaker!"

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Gaetz is another that McCarthy could have kneecapped ala Madison Cawthorn, but he didn't. And now...

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Gaetz said no matter how many times they vote he will never vote for McCarthy. I need more popcorn!

Leave a comment:

• Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    House Republicans just cheered that they won't be forced to do their job tonight.
    On brand.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    House Republicans just cheered that they won't be forced to do their job tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    No they don't...because he has already gotten in a fight with the CBC over their racial stances. It is how he made a name for himself. He also fully backs Trump (even said he isnt racist!) and voted not to certify. He is a crackpot criminal who became a Republican because he "found Jesus" and became a Christian.

He is originally from NY.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I don’t even know who Donalds is
    He defrauded a bank. That's kind of good news / bad news.

The GOP is pushing him because he's black and they think, seriously, the Congressional Black Caucus will flock to him.

Because Conservatives are racist morons.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    This is getting hilarious...

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1610775422114865152

Baier: Let me just be clear, you are lumping in Kevin Mccarthy with the swamp and thereby saying that former president Trump in endorsing McCarthy is somehow tied to the swamp? Is that what you are saying?
    People loyal to Trump, who think he would be draining the swamp, are saying the man he endorsed and is begging for them to vote for is...part of the swamp? So Trump is draining the swamp by being associated with the swamp?

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Man, the Russian intelligence operation to sew chaos and discontentment amongst their former enemies - the GOP - has really been incredibly successful.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    It’s already an official game. Now with Donalds having 12 midway through the 6th we’re guaranteed a 7th inning stretch.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    I don’t even know who Donalds is but apparently he’s come from the school of hard knocks

iAre they now running a black man? I keep seeing cnn pan to two guys but don’t know which one is him

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    I know nothing about Donalds, I assume he is crazy given who is voting for him, but part of me would find it very funny if a guy named "Donalds" won just to rub it in to Trump it wasn't him.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Gym is out. Donalds got all his votes. He seemingly really wants nothing to do with this cluster...turning a blind eye to rape as per usual. (this time Qevin)

If that is her play it is stupid. They need Qevin to drop (or cut the deal of deals) or they have no path to victory. Even Boebert can do the math...she isn't a Talibaner she was Pro McCarthy yesterday. Why change now?

The Qrazies are ride or die...her voting "present" screws her whole party.
    Last edited by Handyman; 01-04-2023, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    All I can say is this is so richly deserved. I hope the Republican party literally splits in half, like the pre-Civil War Democrats.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

But that's just it - who do they actually like that could get 218? Even if McCarthy "announces" that he's dropping out (he can't stop people from nominating him - c.f. Gym Jordan), who else gets 218? Who can bridge the seemingly tremendous gap between the 200 and the 20?
    Well once McCarthy drops out some other R immediately gets all his votes, and then maybe a few of the protesters'. Or maybe the moderates are trying Chinese water torture: every round the Crazies hold on, they shoot a hostage, moving Jeffries one vote closer to Speaker. The Mccarthyites way of giving a "I would rather let Democrats control committees than you" middle finger to the Vandals.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X