Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

117th Congress: DEMS IN DISARRAY!!!111!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

    I've got no explanation for Obama-Dump voters. I can't account for them in any way. I guess they're real and not just a shift of participation from one group to another. Supposedly there is proof of the same people voting first O then Dump. But I don't get it, at all.
    O was certainly more policy oriented, but I'd guess there were a lot of people who voted with their emotions for both of them.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by burd View Post

      O was certainly more policy oriented, but I'd guess there were a lot of people who voted with their emotions for both of them.
      They voted with their emotions for the black guy and the racist?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

        They voted with their emotions for the black guy and the racist?
        They voted for Obama hoping he'd make a difference in their lives. For six of his 8 years, Obama was too 'Third Way', too concerned with trying to reach concensus, and so nothing got done. By the time he decided he had no fucks left to give, it was too late.

        They went with the phony populist who lied to them and said he was on their side against the politicians like Obama who never did anything to help them.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

          They voted with their emotions for the black guy and the racist?
          Seems counterintuitive. A logical voter would never do that. But we're talking about a small number of voters (getable O voters) who supported O out of hope and inspiration but were now low on hope, angry, and disappointed that he had not stood up for them with the passion and determination they expected. They were on the rebound and fell for the guy in the black leather jacket instead of a blazer.

          Or not. Sounded good when I first said it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by burd View Post

            Seems counterintuitive. A logical voter would never do that. But we're talking about a small number of voters (getable O voters) who supported O out of hope and inspiration but were now low on hope, angry, and disappointed that he had not stood up for them with the passion and determination they expected. They were on the rebound and fell for the guy in the black leather jacket instead of a blazer.

            Or not. Sounded good when I first said it.
            "All you ever wanted, was someone mommy's scared'a"
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

            Comment


            • You forget the extreme animosity people felt towards Hillary. I know at least a handful of people who happily voted for Obama twice and then Trump (and then about half switched to Biden in 2020).
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

              Comment


              • There are people who vote for celebrity itself, as a presumed virtue. They will always vote for the less boring candidate. But you never know, one person told me he was voting for Trump because "that would be hilarious."
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

                Comment


                • Yeah there was plenty of people who voted for Trump just for the lulz. He was the perfect "fuck it who cares" candidate. It had zero to do with policies or his personal hatred of anyone not White/Orange.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

                  "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

                  Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Yeah there was plenty of people who voted for Trump just for the lulz. He was the perfect "fuck it who cares" candidate. It had zero to do with policies or his personal hatred of anyone not White/Orange.
                    "FUck it, I'm voting for Tiger King to run the local nuclear reactor."

                    It's hard to understate the absolute insanity and ignorance of voting for anything for the lulz. Especially not the single most important job in the world.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                      "FUck it, I'm voting for Tiger King to run the local nuclear reactor."

                      It's hard to understate the absolute insanity and ignorance of voting for anything for the lulz. Especially not the single most important job in the world.
                      People never think that **THEIR** vote will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. They just don't realize that sometimes many other people have the same idea.

                      The scale of the movement never enters their minds.
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                      Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                      Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                      Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

                        People never think that **THEIR** vote will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. They just don't realize that sometimes many other people have the same idea.

                        The scale of the movement never enters their minds.
                        Yep. Like all those young people in the UK who voted for Brexit as a joke and afterwards immediately regretted it.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

                        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

                        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                          Yep. Like all those young people in the UK who voted for Brexit as a joke and afterwards immediately regretted it.
                          Where they young? I figure Brexit and BoJo are like Dump -- stupider Olds having a fit plus racists.

                          c.f. Putin, Bolsanaro, Duterte, Modi, Bibi, ...
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                            You forget the extreme animosity people felt towards Hillary. I know at least a handful of people who happily voted for Obama twice and then Trump (and then about half switched to Biden in 2020).
                            That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Hillary was the quintessence of everything wrong with the Democratic party since 1978. I hate her and I agree with virtually every one of her policies.

                            Now take somebody with my reaction who votes for personality, not policy.

                            I'm shocked she won the popular vote. Against anyone but Dump she loses all fifty states.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                              Where they young? I figure Brexit and BoJo are like Dump -- stupider Olds having a fit plus racists.

                              c.f. Putin, Bolsanaro, Duterte, Modi, Bibi, ...
                              There was a group of twenty somethings who voted for it (or didn't vote at all) because "they thought it wouldn't pass" and when it did were interviewed by the Press over it. Think NY Times talking to Trump voters type stuff. They weren't the driving force but they were a real big reason it went over the top. They wanted a revote...

                              Here is an article that mentions it. Says 30% of 18-24 years olds voted to leave. Only 64% of that age group voted at all.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

                              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

                              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                                That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Hillary was the quintessence of everything wrong with the Democratic party since 1978. I hate her and I agree with virtually every one of her policies.

                                Now take somebody with my reaction who votes for personality, not policy.

                                I'm shocked she won the popular vote. Against anyone but Dump she loses all fifty states.
                                This truly was a layup for the DNC. And they dropped the ball. At one point on the campaign allegedly she mused to staffers "Why aren't I beating him by 50 point?"

                                Why indeed, Mrs. Clinton. Why indeed.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X