Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ticapnews
    replied
    The biggest winner on deadline day has to be River Plate. The club will get about €25 million thanks to a sell on fee for Enzo Fernandez.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Leeds United States.
    Is Philly Millwall US?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Penthouse to the outhouse.
    From bar to street to bookie

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

It's corporate synergy. The "Welcome to Wrexham" documentary is on FX, and available to stream on Hulu and Disney plus. Of course Disney-owned ESPN is going to be all over it. Not to mention the feel-good story about famous American owners coming to a town (now officially a city - King Charles himself came to Wrexham to bestow the honor) in Wales and taking one of the oldest football teams in the world up the British pyramid. It could easily be a Hollywood movie starring Ryan Reynolds, but instead it's happening in real life - and starring Ryan Reynolds.
    That was another argument I saw - about how it’s they’re only popular because the Deadpool guy owns the team, and that MLS has plenty of celebrity owners to tell stories. Well, I don’t think Will Ferrell owning a percent of a percent of expansion LAFC is quite the same as outright buying the third oldest club in the world.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Happy Deadline Day to those who celebrate.

Chelsea is on the verge of a ?120 million deal for Enzo Fernandez. That would bring Chelsea's spending spree to ?2/3 billion since the ownership change.

Chelsea are also selling. Jorginho might be going to Arsenal and Gallagher to Everton or Newcastle. Jonjo Shelvey has gone from Newcastle to Nottingham Forest.

Cancelo has gone to Bayern on loan with an option to buy.

​​​​​​
    Penthouse to the outhouse.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Happy Deadline Day to those who celebrate.

Chelsea is on the verge of a ?120 million deal for Enzo Fernandez. That would bring Chelsea's spending spree to ?2/3 billion since the ownership change.

Chelsea are also selling. Jorginho might be going to Arsenal and Gallagher to Everton or Newcastle. Jonjo Shelvey has gone from Newcastle to Nottingham Forest.

Cancelo has gone to Bayern on loan with an option to buy.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    American international Weston McKennie has signed with Leeds. It is a loan with option to buy from Juventus. Leeds are becoming the new Fulhamerica. AmeriLeeds? Leedserica?
    Leeds United States.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    American international Weston McKennie has signed with Leeds. It is a loan with option to buy from Juventus. Leeds are becoming the new Fulhamerica. AmeriLeeds? Leedserica?
    Not as good as a pair of rubber gloves.

dx likely won't get the reference no offense. :^)

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Would it be unreasonable to call the 5th round the Round of 16? I get lost in the rounds.

I ask this of the great British public.
    They refer to it by round number until the quarterfinals. Which they used to refer to as the sixth round but saner parties stepped in to call it the quarters.
    Last edited by ticapnews; 01-30-2023, 06:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Would it be unreasonable to call the 5th round the Round of 16? I get lost in the rounds.

I ask this of the great British public.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I’ve found the last couple days that there is a contingent of fans who hate Wrexham because it’s taking attention away from American soccer.

There was an article talking about how ESPN was “pulling out all the stops”, and posted by someone saying they wished ESPN had given MLS this much attention. I thought meant they were elevating it to the main channel. Nope. Reading the article it was still only streamed on Plus, just getting a top commentating team.

Another was saying how Wrexham wouldn’t even make the USL playoffs. Which, even if that’s true, just makes it a better story that they’re a 5th level team in the Round of 32.

Looks like half the match-ups are going to a replay from this round.
    It's corporate synergy. The "Welcome to Wrexham" documentary is on FX, and available to stream on Hulu and Disney plus. Of course Disney-owned ESPN is going to be all over it. Not to mention the feel-good story about famous American owners coming to a town (now officially a city - King Charles himself came to Wrexham to bestow the honor) in Wales and taking one of the oldest football teams in the world up the British pyramid. It could easily be a Hollywood movie starring Ryan Reynolds, but instead it's happening in real life - and starring Ryan Reynolds.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I’ve found the last couple days that there is a contingent of fans who hate Wrexham because it’s taking attention away from American soccer.
    This is dumb for 100 reasons. 1st of which, MLS hasn't started its season yet.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    The FA Cup draw for the fifth round.

Southampton v Luton or Grimsby

Leicester City v Blackburn or Birmingham

Stoke City v Brighton

Wrexham or Sheffield United v Tottenham

Fulham or Sunderland v Leeds United

Bristol City v Manchester City

Manchester United v Derby or West Ham

Ipswich or Burnley v Sheffield Wednesday or Fleetwood Town

Tottenham at the Racecourse vs Wrexham would be amazing. Manchester City going to Bristol will be fun as well.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

There was an article talking about how ESPN was “pulling out all the stops”, and posted by someone saying they wished ESPN had given MLS this much attention. I thought meant they were elevating it to the main channel. Nope. Reading the article it was still only streamed on Plus, just getting a top commentating team.

Another was saying how Wrexham wouldn’t even make the USL playoffs. Which, even if that’s true, just makes it a better story that they’re a 5th level team in the Round of 32.

Looks like half the match-ups are going to a replay from this round.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X