No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Pre-season games sell out at $100+ ticket too.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      They just figured out 20-25 years ago they could fleece rubes in America and Asia for all their money.
      "The name's Stillitano. Charlie Stillitano."
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        NFL Pre-season games sell out at $100+ ticket too.
        That's a little different though. Season ticket holders have those included.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

That's a little different though. Season ticket holders have those included.
          And they're playing other NFL teams. I'd imagine things would be different if the Cowboys were playing some semi-pro team out of El Paso.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

"The name's Stillitano. Charlie Stillitano."
            There were some chairmen of the clubs that had a hand in it too.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

And they're playing other NFL teams. I'd imagine things would be different if the Cowboys were playing some semi-pro team out of El Paso.
              Actually, I do want to see that. Someone needs to beat the GT-Cumberland 222-0 game.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Actually, I do want to see that. Someone needs to beat the GT-Cumberland 222-0 game.
                I mean, I would too but I'm not paying a $100.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Canada up 2-0 on Honduras 10 minutes in.

Honduras has fallen hard.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Canada beats Honduras 4-1 and wins Group C. Panama shocks Costa Rica 1-0 and wins Group B.

So the four group winners are ranked and seeded based on their records. Here are the seedings:

United States 3-1-0 10pts +12 GD
                    Panama 3-1-0 10pts +8 GD
                    Canada 3-0-1 9pts +8 GD
                    Mexico 2-2-0 8pts +5 GD

Semifinals are Panama v Canada and US v Mexico.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Canada beats Honduras 4-1 and wins Group C. Panama shocks Costa Rica 1-0 and wins Group B.

So the four group winners are ranked and seeded based on their records. Here are the seedings:

United States 3-1-0 10pts +12 GD
                      Panama 3-1-0 10pts +8 GD
                      Canada 3-0-1 9pts +8 GD
                      Mexico 2-2-0 8pts +5 GD

Semifinals are Panama v Canada and US v Mexico.
                      Seems like it almost would've been better to let El Salvador tie it up late and take the 3 seed in that case.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Seems like it almost would've been better to let El Salvador tie it up late and take the 3 seed in that case.
                        It was either play Mexico or play Canada. Given recent form I'd say Mexico is the slightly better choice.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Looking ahead to next year's tournament, they're revamping it.

League A will now be 16 teams. The top four get byes to the quarterfinals of the knockout round while the remaining 12 will be split into two groups of six and play a swiss-style group play of four games.

League B is 16 teams put into groups of four and playing full round robin.

Despite the results of this Nations League not being decided yet, they're using the rankings from March to seed this, so it'll be Mexico, USA, Costa Rica, and Canada getting byes. It's also being used as qualifying for the 2024 Copa America, where quarterfinal winners qualify directly while quarterfinal losers then go into a two-game playoff to decide the final two spots. Interesting they're using Nations League as qualifying rather than Gold Cup.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Looking ahead to next year's tournament, they're revamping it.

League A will now be 16 teams. The top four get byes to the quarterfinals of the knockout round while the remaining 12 will be split into two groups of six and play a swiss-style group play of four games.

League B is 16 teams put into groups of four and playing full round robin.

Despite the results of this Nations League not being decided yet, they're using the rankings from March to seed this, so it'll be Mexico, USA, Costa Rica, and Canada getting byes. It's also being used as qualifying for the 2024 Copa America, where quarterfinal winners qualify directly while quarterfinal losers then go into a two-game playoff to decide the final two spots. Interesting they're using Nations League as qualifying rather than Gold Cup.
                            I think it's because the Gold Cup has Qatar in it and that might complicate things a bit.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I think it's because the Gold Cup has Qatar in it and that might complicate things a bit.
                              Ah, right. I forgot CONCACAF decided to play nice and give them a spot after the WC when there's no reason to ever do business with them again.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Ah, right. I forgot CONCACAF decided to play nice and give them a spot after the WC when there's no reason to ever do business with them again.
                                I remember Qatar Airways was all over the CCL Final as a sponsor despite the fact that a) Qatar Airways doesn't fly to Mexico and b) I don't think had their Seattle service at that time.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X