This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I didn't realize the Nations League had started yet, let alone being through 4-5 of 6 games.

US needs to just not lose their next two games and they'll advance to the semifinals. On the road at Grenada and at home against El Salvador. It's going to be awkward if the US ever finishes below first place in one of these and Vegas ends up hosting a neutral site tournament.
    It's only four games per team in League A but yeah the first set was actually pre World Cup way back in June. Costa Rica actually played their first two games before their Qualifying Playoff.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Forget the name and know nothing of him, but a pkayer chose the USMNT over Mexico the other day.
      Alex Zendejas.

He just subbed on against Grenada and scored. He's now officially captied to the US too.
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• USMNT beats Grenada 7-1 and qualifies for the Gold Cup. Need at least a point against El Salvador on Monday in order to win the group and qualify for the Nations League Finals.
        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Surfing the guide this afternoon I came across putin's stooge Belarus playing Switzerland in a Euro 2024 qualifier; a "home" match in Serbia at what looked like a completely empty stadium. Having been banned in hockey and track and field I wondered what the deuce(ala Stewie Griffin). Nosing around I find UEFA won't let them play in home country but haven't banned them outright. The Swiss gave them a proper 5-0 thrashing.
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Jordan Morris: Scores four goals and takes the lead in MLS Golden Boot standings with seven goals in five games.

USMNT Twitter dolts: He’s obviously trash and should never play for the USMNT again.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Mexico and Jamaica tied 2-2 in the 60th minute at the Azteca right now. If Jamaica can find another goal here and win then Mexico would be eliminated from the Nations League.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• What’s with the awning in the first 20ish rows? That thing’s so low there’s no way anyone under it can actually see.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

What’s with the awning in the first 20ish rows? That thing’s so low there’s no way anyone under it can actually see.
                  No idea. Azteca had to make renovations for the NFL a few years ago IIRC.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Mexico advances to Vegas.

US just needs to tie to advance over El Salvador tonight.

Panama just needs to tie to advance over Costa Rica tomorrow, and Canada is in the same position with Honduras due to goal differential.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Mexico advances to Vegas.

US just needs to tie to advance over El Salvador tonight.

Panama just needs to tie to advance over Costa Rica tomorrow, and Canada is in the same position with Honduras due to goal differential.
                      A draw against Suriname way back in June undoes a Jamaica team that Mexico didn’t beat (they drew in Jamaica as well).

US should be ok against El Salvador but one never knows.

Costa Rica and Panama should be full of CONCACAF goodness and entertainment. Costa Rica is at home so I’d give them a slight edge.

It’s put up or shut up time for Canada. If they want to be a big boy then they need to start winning big boy games. At home, against Honduras, they’ve got no excuses.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• On a different note, the NWSL started this weekend. San Diego set a record for the largest attendance at a home opener. It’s the first season with VAR though there weren’t any incidents yet AFAIK (the WoSo community, especially the press, is completely clueless about how VAR actually works since they’re going off the PL and not MLS).

One thing that stood out was how absolutely boring the vast majority of their jersey colors are. 8 out of the 12 teams have either a black or dark blue jersey and then a white change jersey. Of the teams that don’t use black/dark blue, only one is really a unique brand: KC. Louisville, Houston and Orlando all share colors with their related Men’s teams.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• In what has to be the most egregious example of “THIS IS A CASH GRAB” friendly: Wrexham will play Man United in San Diego this summer.

I get that it’s Wrexham but people will be $100+ (with fees) for a game between a fourth/fifth tier team and a PL team, a game that would likely be ?10 max (if they charged at all) in England.

Fools and their money I guess.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            In what has to be the most egregious example of “THIS IS A CASH GRAB” friendly: Wrexham will play Man United in San Diego this summer.

I get that it’s Wrexham but people will be $100+ (with fees) for a game between a fourth/fifth tier team and a PL team, a game that would likely be ?10 max (if they charged at all) in England.

Fools and their money I guess.
                            What is the point of playing friendlies if not to make money? Please don't try to tell me it's for competition...

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

What is the point of playing friendlies if not to make money? Please don't try to tell me it's for competition...
                              They’re not any different than spring training games. They’re just games to run people out for a bit. They just figured out 20-25 years ago they could fleece rubes in America and Asia for all their money.

Try to imagine the reverse of this. Like say the Red Sox travelled to London, played some independent league team from Idaho in a Spring Training game and charged ?100 for tickets?

In fairness, people have paid money for dumber things like that slap fight thing.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• US beats El Salvador 1-0 and wins their Nations League group.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X