Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Soccer released the report on the Berhalter/Reyna situation.

Berhalter was cleared as the report basically corroborated what he said.

The Reyna's... did not come off well:

Danielle to an unnamed U.S. Soccer employee: “Once this tournament is over, I can make one phone call and give one interview, and his cool sneakers and bounce passes will be gone.”
    In an email in 2018, Claudio complained about a female referee in a match Gio played in. “And in all honest [sic] can we get real and have male refs for a game like this. Its embarrassing guys. What are we trying to prove? A game like this deserves bett[e]r attention.”
    (That one got a response from the Professional Soccer Referees Association, the union representing MLS referees.)

Claudio Reyna interviewed for USMNT GM job in '19 and has a long history of trying to influence different aspects of USSF as it has related to Gio. An unnamed US Soccer employee “characterized Mr. Reyna’s historical outreach as “inappropriate,” “bullying,” and “mean- spirited.”
    https://twitter.com/BonaguraESPN/sta...41276450271232
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• FIFA thankfully scraps the three team group idea and will instead go with 12 groups of four teams. Top two teams of each group plus 8 best third place sides will advance to the 32 team knockout round. So you’ll really have to under perform not to make it past the group stage now.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Yeah three team groups sounds dumb. Would they have taken 16 or 32 in that case? (32 team knockout seems a bit much though.)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          Yeah three team groups sounds dumb. Would they have taken 16 or 32 in that case? (32 team knockout seems a bit much though.)
          Yeah, it would’ve been top two teams from 16 groups. They were going to get rid of ties and have penalties after 90 minutes too. Hopefully that was scrapped too in this new 12 group format.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Yeah three team groups sounds dumb. Would they have taken 16 or 32 in that case? (32 team knockout seems a bit much though.)
            24 I believe was the plan.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• FIFA also announced the specific format for the new Club World Cup to take place in Summer 2025.

32 teams: 1 from Oceania, 4 each from Africa, Asia, and CONCACAF, 6 from CONMEBOL, 12 from UEFA and 1 host slot. A country can't have more than two teams unless that country wins multiple Champions League titles.

Because it's taking place in 2025 we already have qualifiers:

Asia: Al Hilal (2021 AFC Champions League Winner)

Africa: Al Ahly (2020-21 CAF Champions League Winner), Wydad Casablanca (2021-22 CAF Champions League Winner)

CONMEBOL: Palmeiras (2021 Copa Libertadores Winner), Flamengo (2022 Copa Libertadores)

UEFA: Chelsea (2020-21 UEFA Champions League Winner), Real Madrid (2021-22 UEFA Champions League Winner)

CONCACAF: Monterrey (2021 CONCACAF Champions League Winner), Seattle (2022 CONCACAF Champions League Winner)
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Does each confederation decide the manner of qualification, or is it just whoever wins the Champions Leagues? (guess Europe will also choose the runner-ups and/or Europa winner?)

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Does each confederation decide the manner of qualification, or is it just whoever wins the Champions Leagues? (guess Europe will also choose the runner-ups and/or Europa winner?)
                  Sounds like FIFA is determining it as it's Champions League winners and then clubs based on a "4 year ranking" to be finalized later.

The "no more than two clubs per country unless they're Champions League winners" rule is likely to throw a wrench into things.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Austin FC is eliminated by Violette of Haiti 3-2 on aggregate.

Get ****ed Precourt.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Forget the name and know nothing of him, but a pkayer chose the USMNT over Mexico the other day.

Comment

• Champions League Quarter and Semifinal draw.

UCL quarterfinal draw:
                        Real Madrid (Spain) vs. Chelsea (England)
                        SL Benfica (Portugal) vs. Inter Milan (Italy)
                        Manchester City (England) vs. Bayern Munich (Germany)
                        AC Milan (Italy) vs. Napoli (Italy)

UCL semifinal draw:
                        Real Madrid/Chelsea vs. Manchester City/Bayern Munich
                        AC Milan/Napoli vs. SL Benfica/Inter Milan
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• FA Cup semifinal draw,
                          Apr 22/23 Brighton vs Man Utd
                          Apr 22/23 Man City vs Sheffield United
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Seeing it in several places that SoFi Stadium is NOT up to FIFA spec to host the WC final in 2026.

Like, I get that the NFL is king here in the US, but being LA, you'd think that they would at least consider FIFA's spec minimums... It really doesn't change anything when under an NFL configuration.
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              Seeing it in several places that SoFi Stadium is NOT up to FIFA spec to host the WC final in 2026.

Like, I get that the NFL is king here in the US, but being LA, you'd think that they would at least consider FIFA's spec minimums... It really doesn't change anything when under an NFL configuration.
                              All the more hilarious is that Kroenke owns an MLS and EPL team.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• I didn't realize the Nations League had started yet, let alone being through 4-5 of 6 games.

US needs to just not lose their next two games and they'll advance to the semifinals. On the road at Grenada and at home against El Salvador. It's going to be awkward if the US ever finishes below first place in one of these and Vegas ends up hosting a neutral site tournament.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X