This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

Haiti beat Chile, which kinda says something about the Women’s game in CONCACAF.
    Haiti players get good toughness from playing with skulls back home.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Panama beats Paraguay for the final Women’s World Cup spot.

CONCACAF officially with six teams.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• US got Portugal into their group from the playoff.

So it’ll be the US (1), Netherlands (8), Portugal (22), and Vietnam (34).

Portugal got a very late penalty (90+4) to beat Cameroon 2-1. The US was very close to getting the 58th ranked team in their group.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          US got Portugal into their group from the playoff.

So it’ll be the US (1), Netherlands (8), Portugal (22), and Vietnam (34).

Portugal got a very late penalty (90+4) to beat Cameroon 2-1. The US was very close to getting the 58th ranked team in their group.
          Until someone actually beats the USWNT at the World Cup, I just assume they’re going to win.

I thought 2019 was going to be the reckoning then they went through what is likely one of the toughest knockout stages ever in Spain, France, England, and the Netherlands and still won.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• I'd be lying if I didn't say I was rooting for Vietnam to carpet bomb the US, but I hope we win the other two games.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• MLS season starts this weekend.

And they’ve already had to postpone two games. Portland v SKC to Monday due to inclement weather in Portland and the big El Trafico game at the Rose Bowl has been postponed indefinitely.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• I finally signed up for ESPN+ last summer where hockey east moved there and it was nice being able to watch Revolution games again after not being able to for a couple years so pretty disappointed the games have now moved to apple. It’s a good deal for mls hardos but for casual fans like me not really sure it’s worth the money especially where we pay hundreds a month for cable. Sports really is killing itself with all the separate things you need to buy.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  I finally signed up for ESPN+ last summer where hockey east moved there and it was nice being able to watch Revolution games again after not being able to for a couple years so pretty disappointed the games have now moved to apple. It’s a good deal for mls hardos but for casual fans like me not really sure it’s worth the money especially where we pay hundreds a month for cable. Sports really is killing itself with all the separate things you need to buy.
                  Get rid of cable. Unless there is something you watch that is nowhere else. Or you are getting the internet bundled with it for a discount still.

Even if you pay $100 just for internet. Its only another $50 and you can have 10 different streaming services.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• If I get rid of cable how will I keep my internet?, says this Fios customer.

I'm not even kidding, I am that uneducated.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      If I get rid of cable how will I keep my internet?, says this Fios customer.

You still need to buy internet from fios or someone else. Just not the cable tv part. Most sell it separately at a higher cost to entice you to keep cable.
                      Last edited by JF_Gophers; 02-25-2023, 09:02 AM.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        If I get rid of cable how will I keep my internet?, says this Fios customer.

You just pay for the internet. You lose the bundled price but you save on not paying for the cable tv part. You should be able to get reasonable internet in most metro areas for between $60-$100/month, possibly cheaper if you bundle a phone with it (which I would assume you would if you're verizon customers). I pay $75/month plus taxes and fees for 500 mb internet service with no bundling. It'd be about $60/month for 100 mb speeds.

If you're going to be streaming video regularly, especially if you and the dr. mrs. do so simultaneously, you'll want a speed of 100 mb minimum.
                        Last edited by unofan; 02-25-2023, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Get rid of cable. Unless there is something you watch that is nowhere else. Or you are getting the internet bundled with it for a discount still.

Even if you pay $100 just for internet. Its only another $50 and you can have 10 different streaming services.
                          We’ve thought of it but my wife doesn’t think it would move the needle enough and I tend to agree. I do like cable and there’s no good way to get the local sports teams by streaming only.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• The MLS Season Pass is absolutely worth it on picture quality alone. 1080p with a high bit rate, it absolutely destroys anything ESPN or Fox ever did. Plus there’s a bunch of other content available as well. The most notable being the Redzone style whip around show MLS 360.

That said, Apple does offer at least one game a week for free and there’s supposed others available if you’re an AppleTV+ subscriber.

AFAIK all the games are free this weekend if you want to check them out but it’s absolutely worth the $79 IMO.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Watching the first game and it's funny watching the contrast between the two broadcasts:

The AppleTV broadcast right now is a pregame show from a shiny new studio in New York with a full crew hosted by Liam McHugh.

The Fox broadcast is John Strong and Stu Holden from what looks to be a broom closet.
                              Last edited by Jimjamesak; 02-25-2023, 03:42 PM.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• As someone without an MLS team I probably won't be subscribing, but checking out the free weekend I gotta say this is a very clean graphics package and the presentation is great. For now I'll still be sticking with the Premier League mornings and late night Liga MX.

This is an innovative choice by MLS, but I wonder what it'll do for growth of the league. They're now just showing one a game a week outside of Apple. This certainly isn't something new in the world, as stuff like F1 is subscriber only in some European countries, and ESPN is holding basically every other soccer league in the world behind the ESPN+ paywall, but if there's one thing that all of America gripes about it's paywalls for sports content. On the other hand, with Bally going into bankruptcy and now AT&T wanting out, MLS may just be ahead of the game here on the non-NFL leagues.

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X