Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mookie's middle son sent a streaming website with sports, so we are good to go with the toon today. vpn locked and loaded :-)
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Because they have their own networks instead?

Not like US cable companies carry the ABC from Australia or the broadcast version of the BBC. Or frankly, even the CBC outside of some northern border areas.
      When I lived in Tacoma the cable company there had CBUT out of Vancouver. I was excited to finally be able to watch Hockey Night in Canada.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• The massive jumble of broadcasting rights and streaming services makes me the days when nearly everything was on either Fox Sports World or ESPN.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Our local provider does not offer US networks - only cable but I haven't had cable for 3 years. Plenty of ways to find quality content via streaming options.

Comment

• Frank lampard has been sacked by Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Frank lampard has been sacked by Everton
              Everton's 6th manager in less than 7 years to get canned.
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• "Managers are hired to be fired."
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• In the continuing saga of Juventus drama, it now comes out that multiple players (nearly 40) agreed to have renounced wages during COVID stoppages instead paid out off the books. The players are facing 30+ day suspensions.

Weston McKennie is one of the players implicated.

Link
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Also implicated is Chiellini, who apparently sent a WhatsApp message to the players saying “don’t talk about this to the media” and C. Ronaldo who deferred nearly €20 million.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• How can anybody be this bad at tax fraud? Don't they hire good criminal accountants?
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        How can anybody be this bad at tax fraud? Don't they hire good criminal accountants?
                        The sad part is that Juventus is one of the better run Italian clubs and really the only one with a modern, clean stadium.

There’s a reason why Italy has missed the last two World Cups.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• I understand that by rule that was a hand ball but that just seems incredibly harsh. Still 0-1 Newcastle. Looking very good for the Magpies going back to St James Park for the second leg and then a Cup final for the first time since 1976.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            I understand that by rule that was a hand ball but that just seems incredibly harsh. Still 0-1 Newcastle. Looking very good for the Magpies going back to St James Park for the second leg and then a Cup final for the first time since 1976.
                            Um that’s not harsh, that’s pretty clearly defined:
                            It is an offence if a player:
                            • deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball
                            • touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised
                            • scores in the opponents’ goal:
                            • directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
                            • immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental
                            That’s not even new.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

That’s not even new.
                              I understand the rule. I'm just saying as someone watching, given the situation, it was tough to see. It's not like Henry or Maradona deliberately handling the ball in an effort to deceive. It was a total accident. Like a goal scored this weekend that was waved off for offsides because the ball inadvertently deflected off a player who wasn't even looking at the play. I just prefer offense and hate when goals are disallowed because of things that are clearly unintentional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

That’s not even new.
                                Just because the rule has been in place forever and is correctly applied doesn't inherently mean that the result is not harsh. Plenty of correct rulings still feel wrong. And that's fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X