Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a stunning lightning strike to bring Crystal Palace level with ManU in stoppage time. Quite a finish. United are eight points behind Arsenal as the two meet this weekend, but United will be without Casemiro who picked up a yellow and a 1-match ban.

Comment

• From now former Juventus Chairman Andrea Agnelli:

"European football is in need of reform. In the years to come the Premier League will attract all the talent, marginalising the other leagues."

Source.

TBH, he's not wrong and it's already happening. When teams like Newcastle and West Ham, teams who haven't sniffed the CL in decades, are able to outbid a team like Inter Milan something is definitely wrong. In fairness, the Italians, Spanish, and Germans really should blame themselves for not marketing themselves better but, even if they did, the amount of money the PL makes from the British domestic market alone is absurd. There's not really any path for the others to catch the PL.

No matter what they do, there's gonna be a Super League. Now it's just the Premier League.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• The bad news: The Seattle Sounders will no longer be using their Jimi Hendrix inspired purple kits.

The good news: The Sounders will be replacing it with a red Bruce Lee inspired kit.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Mamma Mia!!(the extent of my Italian)

https://www.espn.com/soccer/juventus...nsfer-dealings
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
            Mamma Mia!!(the extent of my Italian)

https://www.espn.com/soccer/juventus...nsfer-dealings
            Doesn't this happen to them about once a decade?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Doesn't this happen to them about once a decade?
              If not them then someone else in Italy.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                If not them then someone else in Italy.
                Who was the Serie A power that actually had to start all the way back from like the third tier, because they basically got a death penalty? I thought it was Juve but it might have been AC Milan.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Who was the Serie A power that actually had to start all the way back from like the third tier, because they basically got a death penalty? I thought it was Juve but it might have been AC Milan.
                  I presume you are referring to the Calciopoli scandal. Juventus got relegated to Serie B, along with a point deduction in Serie B. AC Milan (along with a few others) were also punished, but I believe Juventus was the only one that got relegated.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

There were a couple of teams that were relegated to Serie B. The punishment should have been more severe but money talks. Their fans are a real piece of work, too. They celebrated the Hillsborough Disaster during a match against Liverpool. I transfer them to Rest of World and place all their players on random teams in China before I start a save in FIFA.

ESPN reports McBride is out after three years as GM of the USMNT. Still no word on Berhalter.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

There were a couple of teams that were relegated to Serie B. The punishment should have been more severe but money talks. Their fans are a real piece of work, too. They celebrated the Hillsborough Disaster during a match against Liverpool. I transfer them to Rest of World and place all their players on random teams in China before I start a save in FIFA.

ESPN reports McBride is out after three years as GM of the USMNT. Still no word on Berhalter.
                      Not defending the Juventus fans for the Hillsborough stuff but, Liverpool fans were responsible (though not totally) killing 39 Juventus fans at Heysel so they’re not doing it without cause.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

I presume you are referring to the Calciopoli scandal. Juventus got relegated to Serie B, along with a point deduction in Serie B. AC Milan (along with a few others) were also punished, but I believe Juventus was the only one that got relegated.
                        Somehow I thought it was much worse. Was it supposed to be but then they weaseled out of it?
                        Cornell University

Comment

Somehow I thought it was much worse. Was it supposed to be but then they weaseled out of it?
                          IIRC, a few other teams were also supposed to be relegated, but appealed and got to stay in Serie A. I believe Juventus was originally supposed to be relegated to Serie B AND docked like 30 points (which would have made it difficult for them to stay in Serie B--which may be where you are getting the relegation to third tier), but it was reduced to a relegation to Serie B and docked like 10 points after appeal.

So, yes. The original punishments were more severe, and then those were reduced after appeals.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

IIRC, a few other teams were also supposed to be relegated, but appealed and got to stay in Serie A. I believe Juventus was originally supposed to be relegated to Serie B AND docked like 30 points (which would have made it difficult for them to stay in Serie B--which may be where you are getting the relegation to third tier), but it was reduced to a relegation to Serie B and docked like 10 points after appeal.

So, yes. The original punishments were more severe, and then those were reduced after appeals.
                            Not only that, Italy won the World Cup that year with five players for Juventus playing (and three for France).
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• LiVARpool.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                LiVARpool.
                                LOL, is that original?
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X