• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday's schedule (all times Eastern)

8AM: England vs Iran (Group B)
    11AM: Senegal vs Netherlands (Group A)
    2PM: USA vs Wales (Group B)

All games streaming in the USA on the Fox Sports networks in English, Telemundo (PeacockTV) in Spanish. If you have a VPN, connect to a server in England and watch every game for free on ITV or the BBC.

Comment

• mookie and family went to a movie theatre to watch the opener last night. decent crowd but quiet. pitch black so the screen jumped out. it was just a cc of the bein broadcast and in arabic. a bit pricey ($16.50/pp) not counting the two popcorns we got and girl's water :-)

will have to see about the us-wales game tonight which starts at 10p
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• US most important group game first. This will tell us a lot about our chances of getting out of the group.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Is it normal to play games at 10 pm local?
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Is it normal to play games at 10 pm local?
            It is when FIFA has to do everything it can to make it look like this is a legitimate world cup and not just a big bribe!

Also, it's hot there.
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• FOURTEEN minutes of stoppage?

We were always told in ref training to stop the clock if there's a serious stoppage.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• England looked like a swarm of angry bees after that second goal. Great press to win the ball back from kickoff. The third was inevitable. Team USA better win today because it certainly looks like they're going to get hammered on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  England looked like a swarm of angry bees after that second goal. Great press to win the ball back from kickoff. The third was inevitable. Team USA better win today because it certainly looks like they're going to get hammered on Friday.
                  I wouldn't use Iran as any sort of barometer other than for themselves.
                  Code:

Comment

• 10 minutes of stoppage in the second half of a 6-1 game? On top of 14 in the first half?
                    This ref shouldn't work another game this tournament. ****ing insane.
                    Code:

Comment

10 minutes of stoppage in the second half of a 6-1 game? On top of 14 in the first half?
                      Stoppage time is interesting. Because most of the time games don't give anything close to enough. It's kind of refreshing to see something close to actual time being given.

I get this ones over, but I'm on board for legitimate stoppage time.
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

10 minutes of stoppage in the second half of a 6-1 game? On top of 14 in the first half?
                        The 14 in the first half was warranted. The 10 in the second half moves it into *** territory.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

The 14 in the first half was warranted. The 10 in the second half moves it into *** territory.
                          Yeah, i guess an argument could be made either way.

I still would have just stopped my watch in the first half when it became clear this was going to be a serious injury. The rules specifically allows for the clock to stop. Usually that much blood from the face and a possible concussion calls for a longer than usual stoppage.

I suppose that's a style preference but whenever I had someone snap an ACL, suffer a possible fracture, or even concussions way back when, I'd motion to my ARs to stop the clock since we're going to be waiting minutes (in some cases longer). Obviously this is the World Cup where they have medical teams right there, so whatever, maybe that's on the medical staff not on the ref and he's just digging out of the hole he was left in.
                          Code:

Comment

They explained this on the broadcast. The referee meeting made it a point of emphasis that there’s only been 40-50 minutes of action a game, so they’re going to be pretty strict. They maxed out subs, had seven goals, and had a couple concussion checks so that’s going to add up. Then Landon added that while you can get by in club games just blowing it dead in a blowout, here in group play with goal differential, you need all the time you can get, as evidenced by Iran getting the PK in what was actually the 115th minute of regulation.

The ironic thing is the blowouts are the more likely games to have the most time stoppage time added with the number of goals and teams clearing their benches.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

It’s the World Cup and goal difference is a thing. A referee doesn’t want to be called out for cutting a team’s chances to score goals.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• THen we should start stopping the clock on all stoppages if that's the concern.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X