World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    I tape the Brighton match because my grandkid's had flag football playoffs. Granddaughter's team lost in the semi's but her soccer team won the championship yesterday. My grandson's team goes undefeated in the regular season, wins two playoff game but loses the championship to....the Patriots. The loss was really water off a ducks back to both of them
    Turn on the BHA match and they play like *looks at MLS standings* Cincinnati. Lose 2-1 at home, AV's second goal was off a Brighton player, they had 7 shots(2 on target), 25 fouls were called(14 on BHA), and the ref wore out his yellow card handing out 9(7 of them to AV). The 6 weeks of for WC should give them something to think about.
    I saw the box score of that game and wondered what the bloody hell happened in that game to warrant the blizzard of yellow.

Incidentally, is anyone else playing Fantasy Premier League? I'm doing pretty well so far, about 50 points ahead of the "pro" YouTuber who runs our league (but still not in the top 7500 in our league!)

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
      Reports from a couple of days ago that the Fenway Sports Group has engaged Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs to explore the market for the Liverspots. Considering they purchased the team for $445mil in 2010 and have been valued at almost $4.5bil might have a little to do with that.
      Stanley Morgan? The former Patriots receiver?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

This has me thinking now. Could a player get two straight reds in an advantage situation?
        No, once a player is sent off then that's it. Anything else that happens the punishment is on whatever the league/competition organizer decides.

In a similar vain, if a player commits a yellow card offense THEN commits a red card offense then that player is just sent off and shown the red card, the yellow is essentially nullified.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Stanley Morgan? The former Patriots receiver?
          Morgan Stanley. *checks for comma between surname and first name*
          No.
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• With the Euro leagues now paused and a week until matches start were starting to get the “I have to file something” stories.

The Daily Fail was already reporting on how the USSF made a “shocking statement” by changing the logo to have rainbow stripes (it’s only on branding at their training field).

Apparently USWNT Manager Vlatko Andonovski is traveling to Qatar to assist during the World Cup and somehow this is terrible.

The USMNT is apparently bringing their own barber and an Italian Chef they met in El Salvador.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Playing FM 23 (not as natl team). USA made it to the QF of the World Cup. Finished 2nd in the group, and beat Netherlands 2-1, before losing to Poland 3-0. Poland went on to lose the Final to Brazil.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• The US will not be the youngest team at the World Cup. Instead, the youngest team will be…

Ghana.

It’s always ****ing Ghana.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Looks like NYCFC has finally completed a deal to build a stadium in Willets Point in Queens.

$780 million from the pockets of City Football Group. That’ll probably end up being a bargain in 10 years.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• People don’t want to go to Qatar.

Qatar: We’ll make our own fans!

More evidence.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Details are out on MLS and Apple's streaming plan.

$99 for the entire season, $79 if you're an AppleTV+ subscriber.

Pretty reasonable pricing for every match.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Details are out on MLS and Apple's streaming plan.

$99 for the entire season, $79 if you're an AppleTV+ subscriber.

Pretty reasonable pricing for every match.
                        Is MLS fancy enough to have local blackout agreements?
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Is MLS fancy enough to have local blackout agreements?
                          No, that’s the big selling point of the Apple deal:

Apple and Major League Soccer today announced MLS Season Pass will launch February 1, 2023 — introducing an unprecedented subscription service to fans in over 100 countries and regions that features every live MLS regular-season match, the entire playoffs, and the Leagues Cup*, all with no blackouts.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            No, that’s the big selling point of the Apple deal:
                            I don't even have an MLS team but I want to support this kind of media deal.
                            Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

I don't even have an MLS team but I want to support this kind of media deal.
                              Statements like this are why I shake my head at the people crapping all over this deal.

I think it’ll be similar to the deal the NHL had with NBC/OLN/Versus where ratings will go down at first but will go up as the deal moves on because they’re with a broadcaster that actually cares to promote the league.

MLS has seen that streaming is ultimately the future, especially considering that MLS viewership trends way younger.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Danish reporter and cameraman are threatened by Qatari officials live on air.

https://***********/rasmustantholdt/...AWqHxs7Q8Z0_Gw

Grant Wahl also said he was told to delete a picture he took of the World Cup slogan inside the media center.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X