This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Honestly, it seemed that everyone today was kind of looking for the correct play based on what they need to do with their home club. Meaning Player A would look for Player B, but Player B was getting in position to set something up after Player A passed to Player C.

Lots of individualism and little team cohesion this AM.
    Yeah, for all of the hype they get the midfield of Adams, McKennie, and de la Torre plus Reyna and Aaronson was pretty garbage today. Credit to Japan on their press but it wasn't the first time a team played like that against the USMNT, they saw it a lot in CONCACAF, and they know how to play out of it but just didn't today.

A good take I saw was really heavy on criticism for Reyna (he radiates “best kid on the team who flips out when he doesn’t get the ball” energy) and McKennie (plays with a ton of unearned confidence). Another pointed out the Pulisic sized hole in the midfield.

Edit: It should be pointed out that it's not surprising the effort was pretty low from some players. It's a pre-World Cup friendly and guys are definitely more concerned about not getting hurt two months before the tournament.
    Last edited by Jimjamesak; 09-23-2022, 02:40 PM.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Yeah, for all of the hype they get the midfield of Adams, McKennie, and de la Torre plus Reyna and Aaronson was pretty garbage today. Credit to Japan on their press but it wasn't the first time a team played like that against the USMNT, they saw it a lot in CONCACAF, and they know how to play out of it but just didn't today.

A good take I saw was really heavy on criticism for Reyna (he radiates “best kid on the team who flips out when he doesn’t get the ball” energy) and McKennie (plays with a ton of unearned confidence). Another pointed out the Pulisic sized hole in the midfield.

Edit: It should be pointed out that it's not surprising the effort was pretty low from some players. It's a pre-World Cup friendly and guys are definitely more concerned about not getting hurt two months before the tournament.
      You're not wrong on the last part. That being said however:

Given that these guys don't play together, they need to execute just like they would in a WC Match to get the reps in. What we got today was like the NFL's 3rd pre-season game (well a few years ago when there were still four). The starters were on the field for a good chunk, but it was still a half-assed attitude. Wasn't worth the price of admission. And Iran got a result against Uruguay today, so unless the US wants to sleepwalk into being perceived at the bottom of the group, I don't think they accomplished anything.
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Girl tells mookie she saw Thailand is coming here to play kuwait.
        that will be interesting
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

You're not wrong on the last part. That being said however:

Given that these guys don't play together, they need to execute just like they would in a WC Match to get the reps in. What we got today was like the NFL's 3rd pre-season game (well a few years ago when there were still four). The starters were on the field for a good chunk, but it was still a half-assed attitude. Wasn't worth the price of admission. And Iran got a result against Uruguay today, so unless the US wants to sleepwalk into being perceived at the bottom of the group, I don't think they accomplished anything.
          And that’s absolutely the right response (for the most part, I have one quibble), there should’ve been a better effort. And blaming everything squarely on Berhalter, like everybody and their mother seems to be doing (though not you), is foolish.

The only thing I disagree with is trying to fully settle on a lineup. It’s still two months out and the possibility of injury to a starter in that time is high. The Euro teams are entering a brutal stretch of multiple weeks with multiple games while MLS is in the playoff push and right into the playoffs. It’s very important in these two games to see where depth players fit in.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Well, at least England isn’t in great shape either.

Relegated from League A of the Nations League after losing to Italy.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Yeah, that’s a red card.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

​​​
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That's a badge of honor if you are an official, lol....
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

That's a badge of honor if you are an official, lol....
                    It just means good work! A little uncommon at the professional level though lol.

(Though, from what I've heard about the NWSL, not all that surprising)
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Wales to make the knockout round:

@SkySports: Michael Sheen delivered another incredible speech to the Wales national team! https://twitter.com/SkySports/status...524245/video/1
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Girl tells mookie she saw Thailand is coming here to play kuwait.
                        that will be interesting
                        Hmmmm
                        this is futsal 8-)
                        May still be interesting.
                        16 Asian teams tournament
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• I feel like people are trying to treat these games as normal pre-World Cup, two weeks before send-off friendlies instead of the month and half out with a month of intense club fixtures in between friendlies they really are.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I feel like people are trying to treat these games as normal pre-World Cup, two weeks before send-off friendlies instead of the month and half out with a month of intense club fixtures in between friendlies they really are.
                            Certainly not games to instill confidence
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Certainly not games to instill confidence
                              I don’t think these games were meant to instill confidence. I think it was more about trying out players who may have to be backups in case of injury between now and the World Cup while getting some minutes to others.

I honestly don’t blame them on this one though. The referee didn’t do anything to stop the Saudis from hacking down US players so the US players stopped trying to dribble through players about 30 minutes in. By the time Yedlin was taken out 60 minutes in you could clearly see them go “**** this, I’m not missing the World Cup because I got hurt in a friendly.”
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• And it’s not like the rest of the group is on fire. England and Wales both got relegated in the Nations League while going winless and Iran had to hire a new coach two weeks ago.

And now it’s questionable if any of the Iranian players will be able to play considering they just protested their government in their game today.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X