This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    I'd never heard of them either until I was scrolling through the tv guide this am and did a wiki on them. Yeah, pretty boy is still with United. They've got a quick turnaround with a match at home against Liverpool Mon. I can foresee 0-3.
    Next Mon 8/22.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• I must ask, Who the **** are Man United?

:-D
      Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• US U20 Women are getting destroyed by the Netherlands 3-0 in the U20 World Cup.

Looked it up and the US hasn't won or even made the final in this since 2012. That lack of perennial success doesn't seem to be hurting at the senior level, which does seem a little surprising, but at the same time you really only need about 3-5 great players from each U20 team to create a strong senior team, so as long as you're top heavy it works out.

Edit: And they lose 3-0. To avoid being knocked out in the group stage for the second tournament in a row, they'll need to beat Japan by 2, assuming Netherlands also beats Ghana.
        Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 08-14-2022, 07:53 PM.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          US U20 Women are getting destroyed by the Netherlands 3-0 in the U20 World Cup.

Looked it up and the US hasn't won or even made the final in this since 2012. That lack of perennial success doesn't seem to be hurting at the senior level, which does seem a little surprising, but at the same time you really only need about 3-5 great players from each U20 team to create a strong senior team, so as long as you're top heavy it works out.

Edit: And they lose 3-0. To avoid being knocked out in the group stage for the second tournament in a row, they'll need to beat Japan by 2, assuming Netherlands also beats Ghana.
          The USWNT has been running largely the same core of players since ~2011, it’s really only in the last year or so has there been turnover in the roster. It’s possible they’re on the tail end of a golden generation. It’s also maybe a sign the rest of the world has finally caught up on womens youth development.

On the other hand, in the inverse to the history of the MNT, the development of the 20 to 25 age group for the WNT has been the best in the world. Having arguably the best Womens professional league in the world (at least top to bottom) does wonders.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            The USWNT has been running largely the same core of players since ~2011, it’s really only in the last year or so has there been turnover in the roster. It’s possible they’re on the tail end of a golden generation. It’s also maybe a sign the rest of the world has finally caught up on womens youth development.

On the other hand, in the inverse to the history of the MNT, the development of the 20 to 25 age group for the WNT has been the best in the world. Having arguably the best Womens professional league in the world (at least top to bottom) does wonders.
            NCAA has to be playing a big part in that too, right? Most of the players still have 2-3 years left in college before going pro.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              US U20 Women are getting destroyed by the Netherlands 3-0 in the U20 World Cup.

And they were eliminated after losing to Japan 3-1.

I feel this is very similar to the MNT when they missed some youth tournaments between 2011 and 2013 and had some poor performances around then as well. It’s not the end of the world, but it’s concerning and could be a warning sign for future problems.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• BHA and Fulham are in the EPL top 6. Stop the season now.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  BHA and Fulham are in the EPL top 6. Stop the season now.
                  Leeds just beat Chelsea with two goals by former MLS players.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Would have taken a point before the start, so can’t complain
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Bayern Munich, winners of the last ten Bundesliga titles, sit alone in first place of the Bundesliga after a 7-0 win this weekend.

Three weeks into the season and the title race is pretty much over. Fun league.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Bayern Munich, winners of the last ten Bundesliga titles, sit alone in first place of the Bundesliga after a 7-0 win this weekend.

Three weeks into the season and the title race is pretty much over. Fun league.
                        Yeesh. Is it just a matter of budget?
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Yeesh. Is it just a matter of budget?
                          Yes.

The Bundesliga/German system is absolutely great at keeping everyone relatively stable financially, but it’s also the reason why nobody can challenge Bayern. If someone rises up to challenge Bayern, Bayern just buys their best players.

It also helps that they do cheat said financial system, it’s just Bayern’s cheating is acceptable because it’s being done by German companies Adidas, Audi and Telekom instead of dirty Austrian energy drink companies.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• From r/MLS, the (way too accurate) MLS/USSoccer political alignment chart.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

From r/MLS, the (way too accurate) MLS/USSoccer political alignment chart.
                              The Portland-Seattle-Vancouver commentary is so very true.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

The Portland-Seattle-Vancouver commentary is so very true.
                                They pretty much all are. Only the Canadian Premier League is way off (there's nothing organic about a league owned by CFL owners).
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X