This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Wow, I'd thought they were really hyping EPL. It's not like anything else is going on. Are they showing SEC football practices (which, granted, higher ratings)?

Fulham currently P4.

Why disrupt episodes of Law And Order: SVU when you can slog these matches off to Peacock?
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Wow, I'd thought they were really hyping EPL. It's not like anything else is going on. Are they showing SEC football practices (which, granted, higher ratings)?

Fulham currently P4.

NBC’s contract is up after next season and I think they’re mailing it in.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Erik ten Hag has said a lack of self belief is to blame for Manchester United's opening day defeat to Brighton and added that his players are struggling to shake off the hangover from last season.
        Ten Hag's first competitive game as United boss ended in a 2-1 defeat at Old Tratford as the Dutchman's reign got off to the worst possible start.

Or your squad sucks.

ABU
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• FIFA FUBAR'd the opening day of the World Cup.

https://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2022...d-cup-schedule
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Watching the MLS All Star Game and MLS gets a PK, Ruidiaz steps up to take it and the crowd gives a "**** Seattle" chant.

Let the hate flow through you Minnesota. :-D
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Watching the MLS All Star Game and MLS gets a PK, Ruidiaz steps up to take it and the crowd gives a "**** Seattle" chant.

Let the hate flow through you Minnesota. :-D
              as long as they don’t call you needled!ck
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• John Brooks is on the move finally (after being out of contract from Wolfsburg since June) to a new team…

In the Saudi League.

It’ll be fun to watch the USMNT Twitterati contort themselves into why he still deserves a World Cup spot.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Qatar will now open the World Cup a day early so they can be the first match...

Hooray **rolls eyes**
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                    Qatar will now open the World Cup a day early so they can be the first match...

Hooray **rolls eyes**
                    I thought the host country always played the first game. Why do they need to adjust the calendar this late to accommodate that?

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

I thought the host country always played the first game. Why do they need to adjust the calendar this late to accommodate that?
                      The hosts do not always open. I distinctly remember France getting shocked in the 2002 opener. I think Brazil opened in 1998 too.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        Qatar will now open the World Cup a day early so they can be the first match...

Hooray **rolls eyes**
                        They paid good money for this WC.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

The hosts do not always open. I distinctly remember France getting shocked in the 2002 opener. I think Brazil opened in 1998 too.
                          The defending champions opened the World Cup until 2006 when they switched to the hosts.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

As mentioned, this is something relatively new (since 2006).

Apparently there is more to this as the ruler (King?) of Qatar wanted a huge fireworks display to accompany Qatar's opening match and the opening ceremony, so they were given the last match slot of the day. It was a recent revelation to him that the host would traditionally open the WC as of late. Hence why we have the shuffling taking place.

It's a pretty funny story when you look at it, but it also shows how much of a dumpster fire this WC is.

Comment

• Fox has to be absolutely ecstatic that the opening match is now in the middle of an NFL Sunday.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Fox has to be absolutely ecstatic that the opening match is now in the middle of an NFL Sunday.
                                Oh crap, lol. Didn't realize that.

Is Fox contractually obligated to having it on broadcast?

Honestly I can see them just pushing it off to FS1 as it's not a major draw kind of matchup. And obviously the draw of a single NFL game would dwarf the soccer match, even if it was the USA.

Sucks for Fox that both the 1PM and 4PM kicks would be covered by the soccer match.

Comment

Working...
                                X