This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    Great game- England could have really regressed into a hole when Germany got that equalizer, but they didn't, and then played a great second half of ET.

Congrats!

But the post game music was curious. England wins their first championship in football for over 50 years (women first championship of any kind), you would expect that one of the most iconic songs about being the best, from one of the most iconic bands of all time- who are English, afterall, would be played. Instead it was a song from an American, made more popular recently for some reason. Queen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Neal Diamond. Let alone "We are the Champions" >>>>>> " Sweet Caroline" and it being timely appropriate.
    To be fair they did play "It's Coming Home" first.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• It always takes some ceremony like this to remind me that oh yeah Prince William is technically head of The FA.
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Lee Tomlin had himself a day...

Opening weekend and he may have already provided the highlight of the year for League Two!
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Ah, Liga MX, where the police have to put up their riot shields during corners so the player doesn't get pelted with beer cups.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            It always takes some ceremony like this to remind me that oh yeah Prince William is technically head of The FA.
            Yeah easy to forget he’s pegged As lead due to his role in monarchy

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Yeah easy to forget he’s pegged As lead due to his role in monarchy
              Well, it's more because it's a figurehead role so he's only really around at the big events.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Well, it's more because it's a figurehead role so he's only really around at the big events.
                I know, I just had to get a pegging joke in there

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  I know, I just had to get a pegging joke in there
                  Whoosh.

I’ve been out of the loop on that one.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Whoosh.

You may be better off that way

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      Ah, Liga MX, where the police have to put up their riot shields during corners so the player doesn't get pelted with beer cups.
                      Game last night was wild. Leon vs America. Pretty sure America was offside on their second goal, and pretty sure Liga MX uses VAR for offsides, but they didn’t review it at all.

Every match I watch from that league has at least 5 minutes of stoppage time each half. Last night was 6 minutes and 10 minutes. Except in the second half there was a takedown in the box in the 99th, that was then reviewed for a few minutes and awarded a penalty. So 10 minutes became 15 minutes of stoppage time and a walk-off PK for Leon.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Whoosh.

Gotta admit I only picked it up from context.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          Ah, Liga MX, where the police have to put up their riot shields during corners so the player doesn't get pelted with beer cups.
                          Philadelphia's spiritual homeland.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So is NBC blowing off the opening weekend of the premier league season? I really miss fox soccer channel and Setanta.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              So is NBC blowing off the opening weekend of the premier league season? I really miss fox soccer channel and Setanta.
                              Wow, I'd thought they were really hyping EPL. It's not like anything else is going on. Are they showing SEC football practices (which, granted, higher ratings)?

Fulham currently P4.

Last edited by Kepler; 08-06-2022, 09:24 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Newcastle continues the fine form that ended 21/22 season.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X