• Show
Clear All

• Womens Euro Final at Wembley:

England v Germany
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      I will never understand the appeal of attending these overpriced friendlies between European teams.

And I don’t mean just here in the US either, it’s arguably worse in Japan and Australia. Especially Australia.
      When mookie was in Bangkok a couple weeks ago, Man U played Liverpool.

didn’t go, but they were vacationing too like mookie ;-)
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Womens Euro Final at Wembley:

England v Germany
        Ger/Fra was a great match yesterday. I let out a whoop when they went up 2-1 and I thought the cat was going to hit the ceiling. I heard during the match Germany was 9(now 10)-1 all time in the Euro semi's and 8-1(only loss was to the English bints) in the Finals.
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

When mookie was in Bangkok a couple weeks ago, Man U played Liverpool.

didn’t go, but they were vacationing too like mookie ;-)
          There’s a reason why these clubs make these tours.

How much teams receive for these far-flung friendlies tends to be closely guarded within the industry, but analysts say the fees are unlikely to justify the trips alone, especially when travel and staff expenses are factored in.

"Teams don't actually make a huge amount of money directly from the pre-season games, maybe a few million dollars per match at the very top end," said Kevin McCullagh, the Asia-Pacific editor for trade publication SportBusiness.

"But there's a bigger game afoot. This is about brand building and fan engagement in a market that will deliver much bigger long-term revenues from broadcast rights deals and sponsorship deals with Asian brands and companies. That's where the real money lies out here."

While they were in Singapore, Liverpool signed a new shirt sponsorship deal, reportedly worth more than $240m, with Standard Chartered, an Asia-focused bank.
          Replace “Asia” with “America” and it’s the same thing here in the US.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• IINM the largest number of EPL fans in any country is the PRC.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              IINM the largest number of EPL fans in any country is the PRC.
              It’s actually easier and cheaper to watch PL games in most countries except the UK.

Of course you can’t legally watch every PL game in the UK.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

It’s actually easier and cheaper to watch PL games in most countries except the UK.

Of course you can’t legally watch every PL game in the UK.
                What do you mean legally? There’s no Sunday Ticket-like option?
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

What do you mean legally? There’s no Sunday Ticket-like option?
                  Nope, not at all.

It is illegal in the UK and Europe for broadcasters to televise any match on a Saturday between 2:45 and 5:15, that means that any 3pm kickoff match is not allowed to be broadcast.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Nope, not at all.

It is illegal in the UK and Europe for broadcasters to televise any match on a Saturday between 2:45 and 5:15, that means that any 3pm kickoff match is not allowed to be broadcast.
                    Whaaa?

So then don't schedule during that window? I am so confused at this 2 1/2 hour window...
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Whaaa?

So then don't schedule during that window? I am so confused at this 2 1/2 hour window...
                      It sounds like adjacent reasoning of the NFL's antitrust ruling. The NFL is allowed to negotiate tv contracts as a group, but only on the stipulation they don't play Fridays and Saturdays when high school and college are playing. Premier League has the rule to protect the lower leagues. Except it would be like if the NFL's most popular kick off time was 7pm Friday and they kept scheduling games at that time even though no one could watch.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/why-is-...x1uryui898tax6
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Whaaa?

Surprisingly, most of the other UEFA countries either don't implement this rule or don't schedule games in the window.

England places waaaaay too much emphasis on the lower leagues to detriment of everything else. Well, everything including the lower leagues considering they're falling apart these days.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Surprisingly, most of the other UEFA countries either don't implement this rule or don't schedule games in the window.

England places waaaaay too much emphasis on the lower leagues to detriment of everything else. Well, everything including the lower leagues considering they're falling apart these days.
                          they want to protect attendance for games. much like the old nfl until congress got involved for reskins game viewing for nixon :-D
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• England!!!!!!!!!!
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              England!!!!!!!!!!
                              Cry God for Chloe, England, and Saint George!
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Great game- England could have really regressed into a hole when Germany got that equalizer, but they didn't, and then played a great second half of ET.

Congrats!

But the post game music was curious. England wins their first championship in football for over 50 years (women first championship of any kind), you would expect that one of the most iconic songs about being the best, from one of the most iconic bands of all time- who are English, afterall, would be played. Instead it was a song from an American, made more popular recently for some reason. Queen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Neal Diamond. Let alone "We are the Champions" >>>>>> " Sweet Caroline" and it being timely appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X