Houston (NRG Stadium)
    Kansas City (Arrowhead)
    LA (presumably SoFi Stadium)
    Miami (Hard Rock Stadium)
    New York (MetLife Stadium)
    Philadelphia (Lincoln Financial Field)
    San Francisco (Santa Clara)
    Seattle (Lumen Field)

Absolutely stoked for Seattle, Vancouver and San Francisco/Santa Clara. May try to hit all three.

edit: Forgot Miami
    Last edited by Jimjamesak; 06-16-2022, 04:59 PM.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      2026 World Cup host cities announced.

Canada:
      Toronto (BMO Field)
      Vancouver (BC Place)

Mexico:
      Mexico City (Azteca)
      Guadalajara (Estadio Akron)
      Monterrey (Estadio BBVA)

US:
      Atlanta (Mercedes-Benz Stadium)
      Boston (Foxborough)
      Dallas (Jerryworld)
      Houston (NRG Stadium)
      Kansas City (Arrowhead)
      Seattle (Lumen Field)

Absolutely stoked for Seattle, Vancouver and San Francisco/Santa Clara. May try to hit all three.
      Mpls not included = garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Basically all of the Upper Midwest was given the finger. Toronto (with a border crossing) and KC are the only two viable options that are drivable for me... Everything else is a flight...
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Did they even bid? I know Chicago pulled out very early in the process.

Also, no DC/Baltimore, Detroit, or Orlando along with Chicago from 1994 host cities.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Basically all of the Upper Midwest was given the finger. Toronto (with a border crossing) and KC are the only two viable options that are drivable for me... Everything else is a flight...
            Looks like FIFA (they’re picking the hosts and running the tournament directly) wanted to minimize travel and with Edmonton not being selected out of Canada plus three Mexican hosts that likely cut out most of the Midwest.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Looks like FIFA (they’re picking the hosts and running the tournament directly) wanted to minimize travel and with Edmonton not being selected out of Canada plus three Mexican hosts that likely cut out most of the Midwest.
              Yea... My guess is teams will probably be based around Dallas or somewhere on the East Coast...

I know Chicago withdrew because they were told that they didn't have enough capacity and the preference was 70,000+ for USA venues.
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Yea... My guess is teams will probably be based around Dallas or somewhere on the East Coast...

I know Chicago withdrew because they were told that they didn't have enough capacity and the preference was 70,000+ for USA venues.
                I’m guessing there’s going to be pods, FIFA has them listed as East, Central, and West.

So my predictions for the final rounds:

Quarterfinals
                Seattle
                San Fran
                Atlanta
                either Foxborough or Philly (whoever doesn’t get it will be the third place game)

Semifinals
                Dallas
                LA

Final
                New York
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I’m guessing there’s going to be pods, FIFA has them listed as East, Central, and West.

So my predictions for the final rounds:

Quarterfinals
                  Seattle
                  San Fran
                  Atlanta
                  either Foxborough or Philly (whoever doesn’t get it will be the third place game)

Semifinals
                  Dallas
                  LA

Final
                  New York
                  Final won't be LA Coliseum?

I thought that was hard coded? it's iconic. Even as a New York Uber Alles person, I would far prefer LA.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Levi's might be worth going to. If I get on the VTA Light Rail right now, it might make it there in time for 2026!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Final won't be LA Coliseum?

I thought that was hard coded? it's iconic. Even as a New York Uber Alles person, I would far prefer LA.
                      1994 Final was at the Rose Bowl (in the middle of the afternoon, in July, and people wonder how it finished 0-0) and while it would be cool to put the Rose Bowl along with Azteca as “stadiums to host the World Cup Final twice” I think FIFA has its mind on New York.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Why didn't Edmonton get picked? Because the Alberta Provincial Government is run by idiots.

Reminder: The Government of Alberta took the unusual step of demanding Edmonton host at least five of Canada's 10 allotted 2026 FIFA World Cup games. It also demanded Edmonton host two round of 32 or round of 16 knockout games. Edmonton is now shut out of the World Cup.
                        Edit: Because Montreal dropped out and Edmonton basically went full stupid that meant the US got eleven cities instead of ten, so likely Kansas City or Philly ended up on the list because the UCP was so dumb.
                        Last edited by Jimjamesak; 06-16-2022, 07:46 PM.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• No doubt discussed at the time, but this bid comes with 3 auto? Expanded field covers that for 2026 mookie recalls, yes?
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            No doubt discussed at the time, but this bid comes with 3 auto? Expanded field covers that for 2026 mookie recalls, yes?
                            FIFA has not announced anything official regarding that yet.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

1994 Final was at the Rose Bowl (in the middle of the afternoon, in July, and people wonder how it finished 0-0) and while it would be cool to put the Rose Bowl along with Azteca as “stadiums to host the World Cup Final twice” I think FIFA has its mind on New York.
                              That's dumb.

LA is ground zero for soccer (after Portland) in the US. In NYC, soccer is what you might do if you can't get a date and you get wait listed for the off-off-off Broadway revival of No No Nanette.

Play it on Peter Ueberroth's dead carcass. Have some respect.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

2026 World Cup host cities announced.

Canada:
                                Toronto (BMO Field)
                                Vancouver (BC Place)

Mexico:
                                Mexico City (Azteca)
                                Guadalajara (Estadio Akron)
                                Monterrey (Estadio BBVA)

US:
                                Atlanta (Mercedes-Benz Stadium)
                                Boston (Foxborough)
                                Dallas (Jerryworld)
                                Houston (NRG Stadium)
                                Kansas City (Arrowhead)
                                Miami (Hard Rock Stadium)
                                Seattle (Lumen Field)

So any news on how they are going to put grass over carpet? It's been done before. even indoors.

And that kind of puts the Women's WC that was in Canada on carpet into perspective.....

Comment

Working...
                                X