World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    So it's Barstool, so take this with pile of Salt pushed with a Cat D-14, but....

It seems as if Equador may possibly be getting the boot from Qatar....
    It's not just Barstool, it's being reported quite a few places. Looks like Chile, Colombia, Peru, and even Italy all have a shot at replacement. Chile makes it if only the games he played are ruled forfeits. If they just elminate Ecuador from the standings, Peru moves into the auto-bid and Colombia would move into the play-in game against Australia. However, SI also says that Italy, despite not being CONMEBOL, thinks they have a shot being the highest ranked non-qualifier in the FIFA rankings.

It's an interesting case and doesn't appear to be the first time Byron Castillo's birth certificate has come into question as it came up when he was on the U-17 team.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Seeing this in other places now...

Really lost on how Italy is a viable option.... Adding an additional UEFA team doesn't make any sense to me and on it's face just seems unfair since their confederation isn't involved in this.
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Seeing this in other places now...

Really lost on how Italy is a viable option.... Adding an additional UEFA team doesn't make any sense to me and on it's face just seems unfair since their confederation isn't involved in this.
        I don't either, but it was just a single line in the story stating they were hopeful. Probably just tossing their hat in to see what happens. No downside to doing that from their point of view.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• FIFA threw out the case. Ecuador stays in.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Real Madrid and Barcelona will meet in an exhibition July 23 in Las Vegas in just the second edition of the El Clasico rivalry on U.S. soil.
            The Spanish superpowers will visit Allegiant Stadium, the 2-year-old home of the NFL’s Raiders just off the Las Vegas Strip, as part of a summer tour also featuring Juventus and Mexican powers Chivas and Club America across five U.S. cities.

https://apnews.com/article/las-vegas...6b7ed4a89cb3ad
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              Real Madrid and Barcelona will meet in an exhibition July 23 in Las Vegas in just the second edition of the El Clasico rivalry on U.S. soil.
              The Spanish superpowers will visit Allegiant Stadium, the 2-year-old home of the NFL’s Raiders just off the Las Vegas Strip, as part of a summer tour also featuring Juventus and Mexican powers Chivas and Club America across five U.S. cities.

https://apnews.com/article/las-vegas...6b7ed4a89cb3ad
              What typically happens when they tour? Do they play their U17 club team second string?
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

What typically happens when they tour? Do they play their U17 club team second string?
                That's late pre-season for Euro teams. So they play their main team in at least some of the games, as they need to get ready for the start of their leagues.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

That's late pre-season for Euro teams. So they play their main team in at least some of the games, as they need to get ready for the start of their leagues.
                  That's pretty cool.

Do they try or is it just calisthenics on the pitch?
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That's pretty cool.

Do they try or is it just calisthenics on the pitch?
                    They never really try. These games are scams meant to fleece money from rubes to help teams pay off debts and line the pockets of promoters like Charlie Stillitano and Stephen Ross.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      They never really try. These games are scams meant to fleece money from rubes to help teams pay off debts and line the pockets of promoters like Charlie Stillitano and Stephen Ross.
                      The only one I remember being interesting was Real vs Man U at Michigan Stadium because the field was so narrow it changed a lot of the strategy.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

The only one I remember being interesting was Real vs Man U at Michigan Stadium because the field was so narrow it changed a lot of the strategy.
                        IIRC the ticket prices for the last Real v Barca friendly in Miami were so high people found out it was cheaper to buy a plane ticket to Spain, hotel, and a match ticket to an actual Real v Barca game.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          IIRC the ticket prices for the last Real v Barca friendly in Miami were so high people found out it was cheaper to buy a plane ticket to Spain, hotel, and a match ticket to an actual Real v Barca game.
                          Yep.... It was well over $1000 just to get in the door and have nosebleeds....

Basically these "Rivalry" matches are like going to a Bears/Packers NFL game, but it's preseason... And it's pretty well known that the goal is to have the same pricing as the regular season matchup...
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Yep.... It was well over $1000 just to get in the door and have nosebleeds....

Basically these "Rivalry" matches are like going to a Bears/Packers NFL game, but it's preseason... And it's pretty well known that the goal is to have the same pricing as the regular season matchup...
                            Important to remember that these games are being promoted by Relevant Sports, the company that had a contract with La Liga to promote league matches to be played in the US before it was prevented by the USSF and FIFA (something which is now the subject of an ongoing Antitrust lawsuit).

Edit: It should also be noted that Relevant Sports competes with MLS’ Soccer United Marketing (SUM) and is largely believed to be astroturfing anti-USSF, anti-MLS, and anti-SUM sentiment among soccer fans (I.E. the #ProRel4USA people).
                            Last edited by Jimjamesak; 06-10-2022, 08:18 PM.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• On a different note, I'm watching one of my former referee mentorees on a New Zealand Southern League match, one of New Zealand's second tier leagues (he moved with his family from Anchorage to New Zealand while in high school) and it is taking place at what seems to be a park with multiple soccer fields (you can see other matches going on in the background). Second Tier league match.

Video link
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• US beat Grenada 5-0 in CONCACAF Nations League play last night.

I’ll give Grenada credit for improving upon Cuba’s 8-0 loss last time out. Though Berhalter left Pulisic off the field this game.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X