This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    I’ll never root against Ukraine in so much as tiddlywinks, but the whistle should have blown well before that third goal.
    Strong disagree. Ukraine had a late substitution that necessitated more added time. Doubly so in a one goal game.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• I completely forgot that “Finalissima” was today.

It’s the Euro winners versus Copa America winners game that UEFA and CONMEBOL came up with as a **** you to FIFA.

Argentina beat Italy 3-0 because Argentina has Messi and Italy sucks.
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Wales pretty fortunate so far. Could easily be down 2-0/3-0 and it's only 20 minutes in.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Canada cancels their friendly with Panama after the players refuse to play over dispute over World Cup pay.
          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• As broken by Rick Westhead (same reporter who broke Blackhawks/Kyle Beach story):

Context: Canada Soccer signed a 10-yr deal in 2019 with Canadian Soccer Business, an independent company that is owned by Canadian Premier League team owners. CSB represents CS on all of its media & sponsor deals. Where does $$ go? Players say they want answers.
            I’m curious if Canada has similar laws to the US regarding National Governing Bodies and financial reporting? For further context, US Soccer has to fully report all their financials every year.
            Last edited by Jimjamesak; 06-05-2022, 10:48 PM.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• The US tied Uruguay in a friendly. I did not watch nor have I had a look at who played for either side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Canada cancels their friendly with Panama after the players refuse to play over dispute over World Cup pay.
                They mad the chicks get more C$ than they?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• I’ve been watching more of those Tifo videos from
                  the Athletic UK and the stories are interesting, but there’s something lacking. Maybe I’m too used to Jon Bois deep dives but the Tifo videos seem to jump around sporadically, mentioning a topic in a leading manner and then not discussing it in further detail, and the graphics seem wildly inconsistent, jumping between straight up showing the narrator’s script and trying to cram a bunch of images into a flow chart to the point that the detail is lost.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

They mad the chicks get more C$ than they?
                    As noted in a previous post, it sounds like they’re mad the money is (seemingly) going to the CFL owners who run the Canadian Premier League.

The Canadian Soccer Association has long been known as an organization run by amateur idiots. For as much as people complain about the USSF here or the FMF in Mexico, the CSA is hundreds of times worse.

Look at what happened this week for Canada compared to the US and Mexico: The US and Mexico scheduled multiple friendlies against World Cup teams in preparation, Canada scheduled one against Iran. People found out about that friendly and said “what the ****, we have sanctions against Iran, why are they coming here?” so the CSA has to cancel the friendly against Iran and hastily scheduled the game against Panama (that got canceled anyway).

So the US and Mexico have had full preparation for the World Cup while Canada has had nothing.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      The US tied Uruguay in a friendly. I did not watch nor have I had a look at who played for either side.
                      Fun fact: The result may be voided because the referees allowed Uruguay an illegal, extra sub.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Fun fact: The result may be voided because the referees allowed Uruguay an illegal, extra sub.
                        Voiding a tie in a friendly. That may be the most useless thing since Diet Water.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Voiding a tie in a friendly. That may be the most useless thing since Diet Water.
                          Not entirely worthless, the US gained 0.03 points in the FIFA Rankings!

;-)
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Australia beat the UAE 2-1 in the Asian playoff. They play Peru in the Intercontinental playoff.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• So it's Barstool, so take this with pile of Salt pushed with a Cat D-14, but....

It seems as if Equador may possibly be getting the boot from Qatar....
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                                So it's Barstool, so take this with pile of Salt pushed with a Cat D-14, but....

It seems as if Equador may possibly be getting the boot from Qatar....
                                This one has been brewing for a while. Ecuador is accused of using a player, Byron Castillo, in eight qualifiers that was born in Colombia, using a falsified birth certificate and passport and therefore ineligible.

Chile supposedly submitted proof to FIFA and now, allegedly, FIFA has to decide how to handle things, either forfeit those eight matches and move Chile into a qualifying position or forfeit every match and move Peru to automatic qualifying and Colombia into the Intercontinental Playoff.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X