World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Yeah, look up the history of Stanley Rous and Joao Havelange.

Good ol’ fashioned European racism leads to an opportunistic South American fleecing the rubes.
    I believe we call that entrepreneurial spirit, sir.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Nothing official has been announced but the next round of CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers will have VAR.

Through some back channels, people have confirmed referee assignments have gone out and they include VAR slots.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• “CONCACAF has to be the most unorganized, corrupt, and chaotic of the Confederations”

Africa: Hold My Beer.

(It should be noted that this referee is not some no namer, Janny Sikazwe was a referee at the 2018 World Cup and refereed the 2016 Club World Cup Final)
        Last edited by Jimjamesak; 01-12-2022, 05:09 PM.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Alphonso Davies to miss next Qualifying window for Canada due to “mild myocarditis”.

Equal to the US losing Pulisic, except Canada doesn’t have anywhere close to the depth the US does.
          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Can Portland Timber/Thorns Front Office repair bonds with fans after scandals and distrust?

"We believe the 107IST needs to be more inclusive and open to differing viewpoints from its small group of leadership. If a relationship is one-sided in a desire to drive protest over facts and players' desires, it isn't sustainable," the club statement said. "We've come to the conclusion that the previous framework for dialogue and communication is due for a refresh and we will no longer be holding 107IST meetings in their current form as we look to increase our broader communication and input loops to the entirety of the supporters groups."
            So that'd be a no.

Of course, half their membership will continue to buy tickets and give the owner money so there's no incentive to change.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Today's lesson in humility:

Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• US up 1-0 on El Salvador right now.

Jamaica up 1-0 on Mexico despite Jamaica having a player sent off via VAR.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• It's been ugly since the US went up 1-0, but I think they'll hold on.

Comment

• And Mexico goes up 2-1 on Jamaica late, and Canada leads 1-0. Sounds like the standings are going to stay basically the same, so the big key is still to avoid 4th place.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      And Mexico goes up 2-1 on Jamaica late, and Canada leads 1-0. Sounds like the standings are going to stay basically the same, so the big key is still to avoid 4th place.
                      Well, with results the chant is now "Lose Panama Lose".

Canada is winning right now but they're kinda hanging on and paying a price having made a first half sub already.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Costa Rica over Panama later would be a nice gift to get a little separation between 3rd and 4th places.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Costa Rica over Panama later would be a nice gift to get a little separation between 3rd and 4th places.
                          Now if we could get the US Soccer media to stop melting down every time the USMNT doesn't win by eleventy billion goals it'd be a good day.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Honduras with a goal in this second half would be improvement as well, making Canada sweat in the heat for a bit would be nice.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Honduras is awful, what a fall for a team that was a contender for a decade plus.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Costa Rica goes up 1-0 after Panama blew two real good chances, including a 5 v 1.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X