Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As World Cup Qualifying starts, USMNT embraces CONCACAF’s dark arts.

”There are so many nightmare stories that you hear,” Lletget says. “But they’re true, and it would be naive of us to expect anything less.”

“I was like, ‘You’re going to let your country down. All these fans are going to start booing you. You didn’t even start the game. You’re retired,’ ” Acosta recalls.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Canada, you ain't gonna qualify for the World Cup if you're losing to Honduras 0-1 at home.

(Paramount+ has most of the CONCACAF qualifiers)
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• People keep saying Josh Sargent is a great forward.

I'm still waiting for it.
        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• My imagination or does every US player have 2 inches and 20 pounds on his man?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Win at home, draw on the road.

I know the Twitterati will be up in arms but 0-0 is fine.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• I thought that transition in the first minute of extra time might lead to a good look. I'll take a draw.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I thought that transition in the first minute of extra time might lead to a good look. I'll take a draw.
                sToP aCcEpTiNg MeDiOcRiTy!!1!!
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Mexico nearly drew at home against Jamaica but pulled it out late. I swear you could give them 200 minutes and they’d find a way to win in the 199th.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    Mexico nearly drew at home against Jamaica but pulled it out late. I swear you could give them 200 minutes and they’d find a way to win in the 199th.
                    Especially at home.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• So Mexico won at home but the other games were draws, and Panama v Costa Rica was also 0-0, so the US isn't losing any ground with this draw.

Canada is in some serious trouble dropping points at home.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        sToP aCcEpTiNg MeDiOcRiTy!!1!!
                        US. Always lowering our expectations. Nice job!
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

So Mexico won at home but the other games were draws, and Panama v Costa Rica was also 0-0, so the US isn't losing any ground with this draw.

Canada is in some serious trouble dropping points at home.
                          We did lose ground if everybody else pile drives El Salvador. I don't think that will happen, but we did look underwhelming. Also: I have no idea who 90% of our roster is, but that's on me (I can't name a single active Timber).

I liked the platinum blonde dude on El Salvador.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

We did lose ground if everybody else pile drives El Salvador. I don't think that will happen, but we did look underwhelming. Also: I have no idea who 90% of our roster is, but that's on me (I can't name a single active Timber).

I liked the platinum blonde dude on El Salvador.
                            I don’t think anyone is piledriving El Salvador, at least at home.

I think people have forgotten that almost none of these players have experience playing road games in CONCACAF, and road games in CONCACAF are no joke. Yeah, they could’ve won (and certainly had chances) but a draw isn’t the end of the world.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I think people have forgotten that almost none of these players have experience playing road games in CONCACAF, and road games in CONCACAF are no joke. Yeah, they could’ve won (and certainly had chances) but a draw isn’t the end of the world.
                              I agree. Just saying it's possible at least that we did leave points on the table that others will get.

Since we only need top 3 I'd be fine with 6 roads draws and a L at Mexico and then take our chances stateside.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Yea, I mean, you have a 24 year old playing in the States or Europe... At no point in either of those places is a corner being taken with three dudes in full RIOT gear standing 10 feet behind the dude taking the corner...

It's like trying to hit a free throw at Cameron Indoor Stadium... You can practice all you want, but the thought will be in your head when you are asked to do the task....
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X