Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like the Premier League is fighting FIFA on releasing players for World Cup Qualifying matches. The PL doesn’t want to release players to play in what the UK Government deems “Red Zone”
    countries like Egypt because of quarantine requirements upon return, FIFA says “yeah, **** that, release your players”.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• (For CONCACAF, Costa Rica and Mexico are on the Red list with Jamaica potentially being on there as well)
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        (For CONCACAF, Costa Rica and Mexico are on the Red list with Jamaica potentially being on there as well)
        So…no games in Florida or Texas, then….
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          So…no games in Florida or Texas, then….
          It's called the red zone for a reason.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

(For CONCACAF, Costa Rica and Mexico are on the Red list with Jamaica potentially being on there as well)
            The UK has a rule that says anyone coming back from a red zone country must quarantine in government run hotels for 10 days.

That's the real problem here. Formula 1 is running into this issue because seven of the 10 teams are located in England. And those teams cannot afford to shut down for 10 days after a race. So races are getting cancelled unless they can schedule a non red country the week after a red country race, which essentially eliminates the 10 day period.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

The UK has a rule that says anyone coming back from a red zone country must quarantine in government run hotels for 10 days.

That's the real problem here. Formula 1 is running into this issue because seven of the 10 teams are located in England. And those teams cannot afford to shut down for 10 days after a race. So races are getting cancelled unless they can schedule a non red country the week after a red country race, which essentially eliminates the 10 day period.
              So every other non-European country has to suffer in World Cup Qualifying? **** the Premier League and La Liga, they can deal with it.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Also, **** the UK Government for the obviously politically motivated and arbitrary "Red Zone" list. Most of the South American countries on that list have lower infection rates than the UK.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• When's the last time Arse lost by 5?
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Meanwhile, in the LC...
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      When's the last time Arse lost by 5?
                      I don’t know, I don’t have my copy of Fever Pitch handy…
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• I know they got throttled by Manchester United (something like 8-1) about a decade ago, and got beat by 5-6 goals by Chelsea (I believe) a few years later. Of course, and more memorably for me, they got destroyed 10-2 on aggregate in the Champions League about 5 years ago by Bayern Munich.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• It’s hilarious seeing, presumably younger, people on Reddit complaining about the away WCQ matches being on Paramount+.

Like, 12 years ago some of those matches were only on PPV or worse Closed Circuit (yes that happened in 2009). Even the last two cycles the matches were on BeIn, the type of network your cable company probably doesn’t even know exists.

Then there’s the people that get mad at the USSF “for allowing this to happen” because they don’t know how TV rights work.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

It’s hilarious seeing, presumably younger, people on Reddit complaining about the away WCQ matches being on Paramount+.

Like, 12 years ago some of those matches were only on PPV or worse Closed Circuit (yes that happened in 2009). Even the last two cycles the matches were on BeIn, the type of network your cable company probably doesn’t even know exists.

Then there’s the people that get mad at the USSF “for allowing this to happen” because they don’t know how TV rights work.
                            Soccer is ****ed up compared to every other sports league in North America when it comes to this stuff. US Soccer needs to get on the same page as the fans when it comes to this stuff if they want to grow.

The fact that we are 6 weeks out from a once in 4 years event and I STILL don't know if I have tickets to the US/Costa Rica match is BS. Soccer being soccer makes fans jump through a crap ton of hoops as a cost of entry and it absolutely pushes people away.
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• I mean Paramount+ is hot garbage. So they aren't wrong.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                I mean Paramount+ is hot garbage. So they aren't wrong.
                                It’s a million times better than BeIn.

(And Paramount+ worked fine for me during the Nations League Final)
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X