World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Maybe, I don't follow MLS closely outside the Revolution. But he's put together a very deep team and a terrific attacking team. I couldn't tell you if they are the best team in MLS. But he has done a great job since he took over. Maybe Bob Kraft is finally putting in the resources.
    Probably a combination of both.

I think New England are a pretty good team but they're running away with things right now because the East is so terrible (and Seattle was missing most of it's roster for July).
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Aaronson scored in the 90th minute to help give Red Bull Salzburg a 2-1 win against Danish side Brondby in the first leg of their UEFA Champions League playoffs. More European accomplishments for US players = the I gotta wear shades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        *Presses X To Doubt*

I am doubting the truth to this story, I've only seen the same story and it's nothing but a few lines of speculation.
        I haven’t seen anything referencing kneeling and Lloyd’s retirement. I know she was usually one of the ones to stand, but it definitely seems like she’s just hanging it up due to age.

The Hope Solo/Rapinoe bullying kneeling story came out around the same time. Although that ones been called into question because she was kicked off the team before Kaepernick kneeling had ever entered the news.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

I haven’t seen anything referencing kneeling and Lloyd’s retirement. I know she was usually one of the ones to stand, but it definitely seems like she’s just hanging it up due to age.

The Hope Solo/Rapinoe bullying kneeling story came out around the same time. Although that ones been called into question because she was kicked off the team before Kaepernick kneeling had ever entered the news.
          https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...465.html%3famp

I will say the headline does seem a bit speculative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...465.html%3famp

I will say the headline does seem a bit speculative.
            It’s reporters trying to do a A (Carli Lloyd retires) + B (Hope Solo seeks attention with BS story) has to equal C (Lloyd retiring because conflict with Rapinoe and co.).

Look, it’s well documented I don’t have much love for the WNT but the story is likely BS. Lloyd is retiring because she’s 39 and slow, not because Rapinoe is bullying her.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Pulisic tests positive for Covid and will miss at least their next match vs. The Arse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Pulisic tests positive for Covid and will miss at least their next match vs. The Arse.
                Yikes. Breakthrough or unvax?
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Yikes. Breakthrough or unvax?
                  Surprisingly, breakthrough.

Also, puts him in jeopardy of missing the World Cup Qualifying games in two weeks.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Surprisingly, breakthrough.

Also, puts him in jeopardy of missing the World Cup Qualifying games in two weeks.
                    Well that aint good. 3 games in 6 days (who makes these schedules?) if he misses any he'll probably miss them all.

We have anybody else who can play Mid?
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well that aint good. 3 games in 6 days (who makes these schedules?) if he misses any he'll probably miss them all.

*Looks at Gold Cup roster*

I think we’ll be alright.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

The compacted schedule is a result of COVID.

Originally we would have played 4 games in June, two in Sep/Oct/Nov/Jan/Mar...

Now you have to play the same 14 games in Sep/Oct/Nov/Jan/Mar
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

*Looks at Gold Cup roster*

I think we'll be alright.
                          Will we, though?

Nothing about the USMNT ever suggests to me that we're playing with house money. It's not like Spain where when you lose one generational talent just plug in another because they come in six packs.

Remember: this is the one* team where we have the same unalloyed 100% fandom. I'm not being critical; just worried.

* Well, 2. Mariners.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Will we, though?

Nothing about the USMNT ever suggests to me that we're plying with house money. It's not like Spain where when you lose one generational talent just plug in another because they come in six packs.
                            There’s still plenty of players for his position that can fill in, Reyna, Weah, and Aaronson come to mind. Are they as good as Pulisic? No, but they’re still good and definitely good enough against CONCACAF. The USMNT has depth now that it’s never really had.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• OK. Good.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• The biggest challenge will be blending the Euro players with those that dominated playing time this summer during the 2 tournaments. They have the talent without question to be the favorite in qualification.

Comment

Working...
                                X