This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    USMNT Players Union Writes Scathing Letter to U.S. Soccer Backing USWNT in CBA Fight
    So basically the MNT players don't want to take a pay cut? Shocking.

Also, Anti-Trust allegations? Do you want to watch the 2026 World Cup in China on TV? Because that's how you to watch the 2026 World Cup in China on TV.

Both teams get paid way too much. Cut their pay and pour more money into development in all 50 states (well 55 in US Soccer's case).

Edit: It should be noted that the MNT is negotiating a new CBA and have been playing without a new one for three years.
    Last edited by Jimjamesak; 07-31-2021, 04:57 PM.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Men's team is definitely overpaid given their lack of wins in major competitions. Not a single world cup title? Embarrassing.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        Men's team is definitely overpaid given their lack of wins in major competitions. Not a single world cup title? Embarrassing.
        Given how poor youth development is in the US (never mind college) it's not embarrassing in the least. If changes don't happen the women's program will be passed by inside of 20 years.

Comment

• Loons looking for a rare road W this season and up 2-1 in stoppage time and Finley makes a terrible play inside the box in stoppage time. It was avoidable but that was a terrible call by the ref. 2-2 after VAN makes the PK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Loons looking for a rare road W this season and up 2-1 in stoppage time and Finley makes a terrible play inside the box in stoppage time. It was avoidable but that was a terrible call by the ref. 2-2 after VAN makes the PK.
            In no way was that a penalty. Just a horrible call
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

In no way was that a penalty. Just a horrible call
              Just watched the clip. I can see that being called (Vancouver player did get position in front of the ball) but I can also see that not being called.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Just watched the clip. I can see that being called (Vancouver player did get position in front of the ball) but I can also see that not being called.
                My issue with is the Vancouver player initiates contact and then goes down. How is that on the defense? Unless there is something I'm not seeing...
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Uno A Cero!
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• The US beats Mexico. Again. Wins the Gold Cup.

The Kids Are Alright.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• A moment so big Alexi Lalas was rendered speechless.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Over the top from Lalas. I'd expect something like that if the US ever wins a World Cup.

I'm not a tactician nor do I know our talent pool that well but results matter. To beat Mexico in two finals and this one with a B team...now we're cooking. Big credit to Berhalter.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Over the top from Lalas. I'd expect something like that if the US ever wins a World Cup.

I'm not a tactician nor do I know our talent pool that well but results matter. To beat Mexico in two finals and this one with a B team...now we're cooking. Big credit to Berhalter.
                          The US didn't give up a goal from the run of play during the entire tournament, one goal to Martinique on a PK.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Marcelo Balboa is rubbing it in on Univision.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Here's an interesting stat, Argentina is the only reigning continental champion who qualified for the 2018 World Cup.

CONCACAF: USA
                              UEFA: Italy
                              AFC (Asia): Qatar
                              CAF (Africa): Algeria
                              OFC (Oceania): New Zealand
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Didn't you just get done.... never mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X