This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I have a friend who was on the women’s National team for a while in the 00s. She’s not bitter but she was considered one of the “lost” generation who was kind of ignored and underdeveloped thanks to the continual reliance on old superstars
    Didn’t fit in with the Mean Girls clique?

(I’ve heard the WNT described as that, if the vets don’t like you, you don’t make the team)

It’ll be real interesting to see how, eventually, the older stars get replaced. Given the previous results in U17 and U20 tournaments, things do not look bright.

(Though we’re 2-3 years at best from any replacement happening)
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      I think outside of the Sweden game the U.S. has been pretty freaking solid.

As for announcers he's a love/hate guy, but Alexi Lalas isn't afraid to call bull**** on a U.S. squad. Obviously he's in the minority.
      Lalas is tool. He’s spitting out hot takes only to troll and rile people up. He believes zero of what he says.

He’s right on occasion but even a blind squirrel finds a nut.
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Lalas is tool. He’s spitting out hot takes only to troll and rile people up. He believes zero of what he says.
        Sure thing. When he called out the 2018 squad before they didn't qualify he looked 100% convincing in his disdain and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Comment

• Alexi Lalas is Stephen A. Smith minus a soul.

He's a self-promoting boob. Believing or not believing his schtick misses the point. He's running a morning drive time derpfest and if he tangentially happens upon a subject he knows or cares about it's an accident.

He's Chris Russo. I find him tedious but not dangerous.
          Last edited by Kepler; 07-30-2021, 10:23 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Alexi Lalas is Stephen A. Smith minus a soul.

He's a self-promoting boob. Believing or not believing his schtick misses the point. He's running a morning drive time derpfest and if he tangentially happens upon a subject he knows or cares about it's an accident.

That was pretty much what I was going for.

Lalas believes in one thing: Alexi Lalas.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• TBF, Lalas is better than Dr. Joe.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Just win baby...
                Technically, *pushes up glasses* they’ve only won one game.

(Advancing on KFTM doesn’t actually count as a win)
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Technically, *pushes up glasses* they’ve only won one game.

(Advancing on KFTM doesn’t actually count as a win)
                  Just advance sounds stupid though...
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Just advance sounds stupid though...
                    Survive and advance always works.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

He's a self-promoting boob. Believing or not believing his schtick misses the point.
                      No everything else you wrote missed my point. I don't disagree with your assessment of him at all, but he will call out poor play from the NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

No everything else you wrote missed my point. I don't disagree with your assessment of him at all, but he will call out poor play from the NT.
                        I was not saying you were missing the point. I was saying with Lalas a given statement's likelihood is orthogonal to its truth value. He could very well be speaking the truth, but that has no effect on whether or not he will say that.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Alexi Lalas makes me want to watch Ken Daneyko on NHL Network.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Shaking my head at the recaps of the USWNT game.

Soccer writers: Outside of Lynn Williams, the US forwards were terrible and ineffective.

Mainstream media: Rapinoe wins the game!
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• CONCACAF S- Housing 101.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• USMNT Players Union Writes Scathing Letter to U.S. Soccer Backing USWNT in CBA Fight

Comment

Working...
                                X