This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Mexico has to go to kicks to advance past Costa Rica.

By r/ussoccer logic, Tata Martino should be fired instantly for playing so poorly against an inferior CONCACAF side despite all that talent.

(US and Mexico play in the final Sunday)
    He should definitely be fired if he cant beat a crap US squad. ;-)
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

With a 0-0 draw versus The Bahamas yesterday, Trinidad and Tobago has been eliminated from World Cup Qualifying.
      Canada’s momentum could come to an abrupt halt Tuesday if Suriname pulls off the upset.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• VAR certainly changed things in this game... Went from 2-0 MEX to 1-1 in two minutes.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          VAR certainly changed things in this game... Went from 2-0 MEX to 1-1 in two minutes.
          VAR gave both teams a PK in the second OT though.

What a save by Horvath, especially after coming on as a sub, to give the US a 3-2 win over Mexico.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Wow. First (important) sporting event I’ve cared about in 15 months. Man, I missed sports!
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

He should definitely be fired if he cant beat a crap US squad. ;-)
              Well, he did get ejected at least…
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                Wow. First (important) sporting event I’ve cared about in 15 months. Man, I missed sports!
                I hope this game is that moment that sparks this generation of the USMNT. I’ve been worried about their ability to play in CONCACAF but, the kids are alright.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Does winning CONCACAF mean anything substantive? Does it qualify them for anything, get them round byes in the next Nations Cup, etc?
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Does winning CONCACAF mean anything substantive? Does it qualify them for anything, get them round byes in the next Nations Cup, etc?
                    It was worth more points for FIFA rankings than what a friendly would’ve been.

Other than that, just a trophy. The US is in the top group so there’s nowhere else to go. Just starts all over again with group play next year.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• If anything it tells the kids they can hang with Mexico at the very least. Although from the one highlight video I watched it looked like Mexico far 'out-chanced' the U.S., although I realize a highlight video only goes so far telling the full story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        If anything it tells the kids they can hang with Mexico at the very least. Although from the one highlight video I watched it looked like Mexico far 'out-chanced' the U.S., although I realize a highlight video only goes so far telling the full story.
                        The first 20 minutes was the US just passing it to Mexico. Not like Mexico was anticipating well and getting into the lane, literally they were trying to make passes through defenders.

After that things started clicking.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Does winning CONCACAF mean anything substantive? Does it qualify them for anything, get them round byes in the next Nations Cup, etc?
                          It’s a win and a trophy over Mexico, that’s substantial enough on its own.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

It’s a win and a trophy over Mexico, that’s substantial enough on its own.
                            I agree, I was just wondering.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It'll shut up some of the "the women should be paid more because the men suck" crowd.

Yeah, I went there.

Comment

• btw this is the first men's kit I can get on board with for quite some time.

Comment

Working...
                                X