• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderwall? F that.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Hell of an accomplishment to get to the Western Conference Final without their best defender and having to replace the MLS Goaltender of the Year, but what a kick in the nads that loss was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Hell of an accomplishment to get to the Western Conference Final without their best defender and having to replace the MLS Goaltender of the Year, but what a kick in the nads that loss was.
        I'm not much of a soccer watcher, but next time we'll see it coming...and completely fall for it again.

They are now officially a Minnesota men's pro sports team.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Congrats to the Sounders for going to what seems like their 5th MLS final in the last 7 years.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Congrats to the Sounders for going to what seems like their 5th MLS final in the last 7 years.
              4 out of the last 5.

Though this is the first not against Toronto.

Edit: Are we the baddies?
              Last edited by Jimjamesak; 12-08-2020, 12:50 AM.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Hell of an accomplishment to get to the Western Conference Final without their best defender and having to replace the MLS Goaltender of the Year, but what a kick in the nads that loss was.
                The only thing I would say is that Heath probably should have put on some fresh legs. Short rest and he ran back the same lineup made what? Two subs? While Seattle put on an extra forward, two outside backs that have been starters, and a center mid that setup two goals (Svensson assisted on Ruidiaz’s goal).

But dam do I love the Loons. What an accomplishment. I still miss Ozzie.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Someone pointed out on Reddit that Jordan Morris is just a winning machine since 2015:

2015: Wins College Cup with Stanford (leading scorer in NCAA Tournament).
                  2016: Wins MLS Cup with Seattle.
                  2017: Wins Gold Cup with USMNT, makes MLS Cup Final with Seattle.
                  2018: Tears ACL, misses season (Seattle eliminated in Conference Semis).
                  2019: Wins MLS Cup with Seattle.
                  2020: Makes MLS Cup Final.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Yeah, we’re the baddies.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      They are now officially a Minnesota men's pro sports team.
                      It’s weird to me how this has been the universal reaction from Minnesotans. Like that is a level of pain I can not comprehend.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        It’s weird to me how this has been the universal reaction from Minnesotans. Like that is a level of pain I can not comprehend.
                        Bill Simmons on the Vikings:
                        Additional Thoughts: As Geoff said on my podcast, "If there's any upside [from Sunday's loss], it's that no city will be willing to lure the Vikings away." I bumped them ahead of Buffalo only because of their unparalleled streak: Every 10 years or so, they rip the intestines out of their fans. Happened in 1975 (the Hail Mary), 1988 (Darren Nelson), 1998 (Gary Anderson) and 2009 (12 men). ... By the way, none of those were the four lost Super Bowls. Not even the Red Sox annihilated their fans at such a consistently efficient pace.
                        Also, 55-doughnut. Blair Walsh. The Metrodome Roof.

The Twins:
                        The losing streak in the playoffs is now a record IIRC. They tried to contract us, not move us, contract us.

North Stars:
                        Literally left

The Wild:
                        Useless

The Lakers:
                        Literally left

The Wolves:
                        Just so thoroughly inept. THey had Kevin Garnet in his prime. And he could only drag them to the conference finals. have we even made the playoffs without KG?

The Gophers:
                        Only Final Four vacated for academic fraud
                        Haven't been to the Rose Bowl since my Dad was in high school. There's the Wisconsin punt block in the end zone. The epic collapse vs. michigan in the 4th that killed glen mason.
                        Lou Boltz. Wacker. Tim. ****ing. Brewster.
                        Our greatest wrestling coach was fired because his program was running a drug cartel.

Only the Lynx, Gopher women's hockey, Gopher dance line, and men's hockey have been bright spots in my lifetime. I guess the Twins won two WS titles too, but see above.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Bill Simmons on the Vikings:

Also, 55-doughnut. Blair Walsh. The Metrodome Roof.

The Twins:
                          The losing streak in the playoffs is now a record IIRC. They tried to contract us, not move us, contract us.

North Stars:
                          Literally left

The Wild:
                          Useless

The Lakers:
                          Literally left

The Wolves:
                          Just so thoroughly inept. THey had Kevin Garnet in his prime. And he could only drag them to the conference finals. have we even made the playoffs without KG?

The Gophers:
                          Only Final Four vacated for academic fraud
                          Haven't been to the Rose Bowl since my Dad was in high school. There's the Wisconsin punt block in the end zone. The epic collapse vs. michigan in the 4th that killed glen mason.
                          Lou Boltz. Wacker. Tim. ****ing. Brewster.
                          Our greatest wrestling coach was fired because his program was running a drug cartel.

Only the Lynx, Gopher women's hockey, Gopher dance line, and men's hockey have been bright spots in my lifetime. I guess the Twins won two WS titles too, but see above.
                          Like I said, a level of pain I cannot comprehend. I don’t know how you folks do it.

Sadly, I don’t know if the Loons will back or not. The Western Conference is seemingly loaded. Seattle, Portland, and LAFC aren’t going anywhere, Dallas and SKC seem resurgent, there’s the unknown quantity of Austin’s expansion, and the looming specter of the LA Galaxy.

Of course, a couple of key additions and the Loons could be favorites.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Some teams have had good moments and some have had bad moments! How do you survive?!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• The golf team win a title!!

=p

But yeah its been a bad run for most of my life. Vikings alone my goodness

Comment

• RIP the early money put on Columbus.

A second Crew player has been confirmed positive for COVID-19, and midfielders Darlington Nagbe and Pedro Santos will miss MLS Cup on Saturday against the Seattle Sounders.
                                Nagbe and Santos were listed as "medically not cleared to play" on the injury report released Thursday night. They have no known injuries.
                                Edit: I should add that this is Columbus' tenth positive case in the playoffs.
                                Last edited by Jimjamesak; 12-10-2020, 08:12 PM.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X