• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final at 8:30 ET.

Who ya got, Jim?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Champions
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Existence is pain...
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• USMNT World Cup Qualifying schedule finalized

Long live the Octagonal.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Existence is pain...
            "Hell is other PNWers."
            Cornell University

Comment

• We Are Fulham / Super Fulham
              We Fulham / FFC
              We Are Fulham / Super Fulham
              We Are Fulham / F-ck Chelsea
              Cornell University

Comment

• Looking at CONCACAF for World Cup Qualifying the new format is definitely interesting.

Six groups of five, group winners go to a playoff against another group winner for a spot in the final round.

It’s also funny seeing the Canadians optimism. Their fans so sure they’ll be in the final round with a realistic shot at qualifying (“we’re better than Costa Rica” was a quote I saw), easily forgetting this is the same team that lost to Haiti in the Gold Cup last year (which is who they’re likely to face in the playoff).
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I get that things are different with COVID, but I'm at a point to where I'm becoming annoyed with US Soccer's choice to not plan things out more than a couple of months...

Why is it so hard to say that you are playing on Tue. Jun 12th instead of at some point June 10-15. Same thing with venues and tickets. I want to travel to these games. But I have to work within a given budget. And usually within a few days of getting a venue, you have to purchase tickets... They give no time to research hotels, flights, etc...

This isn't something new... This was how it worked pre-covid too...
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                    I get that things are different with COVID, but I'm at a point to where I'm becoming annoyed with US Soccer's choice to not plan things out more than a couple of months...

Why is it so hard to say that you are playing on Tue. Jun 12th instead of at some point June 10-15. Same thing with venues and tickets. I want to travel to these games. But I have to work within a given budget. And usually within a few days of getting a venue, you have to purchase tickets... They give no time to research hotels, flights, etc...

It’s not a US Soccer thing, CONCACAF schedules the various windows then the specific date is decided upon by the Feds based on travel schedules, venue availablity and TV schedules. They obviously can’t do that right now because they don’t know who three of the opponents are yet.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

How far out is the FIFA calendar made? They may not have the international break blocks yet.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Does anyone not in the first pot actually have a shot to move out of group play? Based on the Gold Cup last year, maybe Guyana, since they have the weakest Pot 1 opponent. The plan was to get everyone more games and increase competition, but this definitely looks like it will end up like a reverse UEFA group with one team running away with it by 8-10 points.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

It’s not a US Soccer thing, CONCACAF schedules the various windows then the specific date is decided upon by the Feds based on travel schedules, venue availablity and TV schedules. They obviously can’t do that right now because they don’t know who three of the opponents are yet.
                          I get that some teams are TBD... At the same time, everyone know the US will host Costa Rica in late Sept. 2021 and Mexico in early Oct. 2021. They won't announce these games officially till probably June next year. Even then, its a situation where they will announce the venue at 3pm on Monday, at 11:42pm Monday night the Outlaws will send out info regarding their ticket allotment, which A. cost $Texas and B. Goes on sale Tue. at 10am....

I'm left to guess at what the tickets will cost (and I know US/Mex isn't a $20 ticket). There is a major difference to me in dropping $100 and $225 into this box. Also this crap is usually done long after the optimal window for booking hotels and flights has passed (COVID changed these aspects, but again, this happened in 2016 and before). Again, I am willing to pay up, but at the same time, I do have to keep an eye on how many zeros end up on the following month's credit card statement. It's frustrating compared to how all other sports travel works. It feels hastily put together and like US Soccer doesn't give a rats *** about their fans that support them.

Comment

I get that some teams are TBD... At the same time, everyone know the US will host Costa Rica in late Sept. 2021 and Mexico in early Oct. 2021. They won't announce these games officially till probably June next year. Even then, its a situation where they will announce the venue at 3pm on Monday, at 11:42pm Monday night the Outlaws will send out info regarding their ticket allotment, which A. cost $Texas and B. Goes on sale Tue. at 10am....

I'm left to guess at what the tickets will cost (and I know US/Mex isn't a $20 ticket). There is a major difference to me in dropping $100 and $225 into this box. Also this crap is usually done long after the optimal window for booking hotels and flights has passed (COVID changed these aspects, but again, this happened in 2016 and before). Again, I am willing to pay up, but at the same time, I do have to keep an eye on how many zeros end up on the following month's credit card statement. It's frustrating compared to how all other sports travel works. It feels hastily put together and like US Soccer doesn't give a rats *** about their fans that support them.
                            I will say in defense of US Soccer that there is a bureaucratic process that they have go through. FIFA and CONCACAF set requirements for stadiums to host matches and ultimately FIFA and CONCACAF have to approve the venue before the match can officially take place. I don’t think the USSF is a completely innocent party but it certainly isn’t just them.

Edit: Here’s the competition manual from FIFA for World Cup Qualifying

(I’ll look for the CONCACAF one)
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• There is one aspect I haven’t been thinking of: Gamesmanship.

The sooner they announce the date and venue then the longer time their opponents have to do advance preparations. It seems like a silly little advantage but sometimes those silly little advantages can add up.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I will say in defense of US Soccer that there is a bureaucratic process that they have go through. FIFA and CONCACAF set requirements for stadiums to host matches and ultimately FIFA and CONCACAF have to approve the venue before the match can officially take place. I don’t think the USSF is a completely innocent party but it certainly isn’t just them.

Edit: Here’s the competition manual from FIFA for World Cup Qualifying

(I’ll look for the CONCACAF one)
                                That's the kicker: You have 60 and 90 day minimums for venue selection and it seems that is about when things are announced. There is absolutely no need to announce right at the deadline. Name another sport where you don't know where your team will be playing three months in advance of an international level match. (This also plays into the fact that US Soccer rotates these single matches through about 15-20 different venues all across the country based on their particular needs). It's a great way to keep the most important matches for the team inaccessible for a good chunk of their potential fanbase.

Comment

Working...
                                X