World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

I had the same thought. Their original tv deal was that the season opener and championship would be on CBS, one or two games a week would be on CBSSN, and the rest would be on CBSAA. But we're still a couple weeks out from any other team sport starting, you'd think they'd be putting live content on when they can.

It looks like their 12:30 ET start times for the morning games run into Jim Rome on CBSSN, who may have some clause that he can't be bumped.

The 10pm games are getting bumped for poker, game shows, and boxing and MMA reruns. There are some replays, but they're in the middle of the night or in the morning.
    Seems like a combination of poor planning (maybe talk to your broadcaster and schedule your games in open broadcast windows) and a broadcaster wanting to make a buck on their streaming service, I wouldn’t be surprised to see CBS do something similar for their Champions League coverage.

In contrast, MLS is having every single game of their tournament broadcast on ESPN, FS1, or Fox, with some games starting at 9am ET (to somewhat beat the heat but also for broadcast window).
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Seems like a combination of poor planning (maybe talk to your broadcaster and schedule your games in open broadcast windows) and a broadcaster wanting to make a buck on their streaming service, I wouldn’t be surprised to see CBS do something similar for their Champions League coverage.

In contrast, MLS is having every single game of their tournament broadcast on ESPN, FS1, or Fox, with some games starting at 9am ET (to somewhat beat the heat but also for broadcast window).
      It wouldn't surprise me if CBS was pushing it to streaming to try to get more signups.

As far as time slots, the problem is they're holding it in Utah, so their 10:30am Mountain kicks are falling in with the afternoon programming. They have the same morning/night schedule as MLS, but the timezones bump everything by two hours. If they had held it in Cary or somewhere else in Eastern or Central time, they'd be able to play it live where their morning tape delays are already being shown. Night games still might get bumped, though. I'm sure CBSSN's 7 o'clock NFL replay slot pulls decent ratings because anything with NFL in the title will pull viewers. I'm sure an NFL themed cooking show would still outdraw NHL or MLS.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Regional sports channels have added the Danish and Norwegian top leagues to their broadcasts to go along with Bundesliga and various Asian leagues. Sadly no La Liga, Erividisie, Premier League...

What's odd is there are 3 Fox sports channels carried by my provider - isn't the EPL broadcast by Fox?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Regional sports channels have added the Danish and Norwegian top leagues to their broadcasts to go along with Bundesliga and various Asian leagues. Sadly no La Liga, Erividisie, Premier League...

What's odd is there are 3 Fox sports channels carried by my provider - isn't the EPL broadcast by Fox?
          NBC broadcasts the EPL in the US.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

NBC broadcasts the EPL in the US.
            Foiled again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Foiled again!
              For a bit of a rundown on broadcast rights:
              MLS, US Soccer: ESPN and Fox, Univision
              NWSL: CBS (CBS All-Access)
              EPL: NBC and NBCSN (and now Peacock)
              Bundesliga: Fox, ESPN and ESPN+ next season
              La Liga (Spain): beIn Sports
              Ligue 1 (France): beIn Sports
              (surprising that the two leagues with Qatari money have their rights owned by a Qatari network)
              UEFA: CBS next season.
              FIFA (includes World Cup): Fox, Telemundo
              Mexico: Depends on which team. Most are on Univision, some on Telemundo, some on Fox.
              USL (US D2 and D3) and the US Open Cup are on ESPN+.
              ESPN+ also has the English Championship, the FA Cup, the Eredivisie (Dutch), and the A-League (Australia).
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Mookie watches prem on bein along with the others
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Mookie watches prem on bein along with the others
                  Only because nobody has outspent the Qataris.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Nice start here....
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• $65 sandwiches.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        $65 sandwiches.
                        Somewhat debunked
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

And better info
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Multiple players have already tested positive to COVID...

What could go wrong?!
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              Multiple players have already tested positive to COVID...

What could go wrong?!
                              It’s all on one team
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• FC Dallas’ first match postponed.

Not surprising considering how many positive tests they’ve had.

Now, I understand the sentiment of people that are calling for the tournament to be cancelled but I think they’re being ridiculous and even a bit ignorant.

I get that things in Florida are really bad right now but the situation with Dallas specifically seems to be isolated to them (and what’s happening in Texas) and not anything to do with “the bubble not working”. I don’t think it’s too surprising to have one team going through this while things are being set up

And I don’t think a lot of fans realize that no games = players not getting paid. It’s not like most of them are making huge amounts of money to begin with and asking them to “not take the risk” and go another 2-3 months without pay is a bit ignorant. As an essential employee I’m kinda jealous of what they have and their minimized risk compared to my risk.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X