World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Wasn't China supposed to run away with women's soccer and hide like Soviet hockey in the 50s? Whatever happened to that? Did they turn out to be steroids with feet or something?
    China just sucks at soccer, Japan and Korea got way better, and Australia being added to the Asia Confederation didn’t help.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Chelsea takes down MC and Liverpool clinches. 30 years since their last English title?

Comment

• #ynwa!
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Chelsea takes down MC and Liverpool clinches. 30 years since their last English title?
          1990, first PL title was in 93 (Man U), Leeds won in 92, Arsenal in 91.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Wasn't China supposed to run away with women's soccer and hide like Soviet hockey in the 50s? Whatever happened to that? Did they turn out to be steroids with feet or something?
            They also had a top 4 women’s hockey team in the late 90s and early 00s and that’s dropped off far more dramatically than their soccer team.

North Korea women’s soccer was on the cusp as well, then they got in trouble for doping, banned from the 2015 WC, and then were put in an unfortunate pairing with South Korea for a sub qualifying round for the 2019 WC and lost on goal differential both to South Korea and across groups to the Philippines who had far easier opponents.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Pulisic’s goal for Chelsea was a classic American soccer goal.

Very Donovan-esque.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Pulisic’s goal for Chelsea was a classic American soccer goal.

Very Donovan-esque.
                That is just slow, flat footed defense after the turnover...
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

That is just slow, flat footed defense after the turnover...
                  Typical Premier League defending.

(/s)
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Very Donovan-esque.
                    Merica!!

Comment

In vain?
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

In vain?
                        Uh no.

a) It helped Chelsea win.

b) It’s a very classic counterattacking goal that the US typically scored. Think Donovan against Algeria or Mexico or Altidore against Spain. (And now I’m going to be sad thinking about what could’ve been in 2010...)
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Uh no.

a) It helped Chelsea win.

b) It’s a very classic counterattacking goal that the US typically scored. Think Donovan against Algeria or Mexico or Altidore against Spain. (And now I’m going to be sad thinking about what could’ve been in 2010...)
                          Donovan against Brazil in the Confed Cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Donovan against Brazil in the Confed Cup.
                            A classic.

(Ugh why did Charlie Davies have to be in that accident? Why did Onyewu tear his patella the next day? Why couldn’t Jones get healthy enough to play? Why did Nigel de Jong break Holden’s leg? And why didn’t Thomas Rongen select Neven Subotic? The potential in 2010 compared to what we got in 2010 still hurts.)
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• NWSL opened their season/tournament today.

Good news is that the match was broadcast on CBS.

Bad news is that will be the only match on TV until the final (every other match is on CBS’ streaming service).

How bad of a TV deal do you have if, given a complete lack of live content, they won’t even put the games on CBS Sports Network?
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

NWSL opened their season/tournament today.

Good news is that the match was broadcast on CBS.

Bad news is that will be the only match on TV until the final (every other match is on CBS’ streaming service).

How bad of a TV deal do you have if, given a complete lack of live content, they won’t even put the games on CBS Sports Network?
                                I had the same thought. Their original tv deal was that the season opener and championship would be on CBS, one or two games a week would be on CBSSN, and the rest would be on CBSAA. But we're still a couple weeks out from any other team sport starting, you'd think they'd be putting live content on when they can.

It looks like their 12:30 ET start times for the morning games run into Jim Rome on CBSSN, who may have some clause that he can't be bumped.

The 10pm games are getting bumped for poker, game shows, and boxing and MMA reruns. There are some replays, but they're in the middle of the night or in the morning.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X