No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    He’s still one of the best soccer writers in the country, and now he’s out of work.
    if he is the best it won't be out of work for long
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      if he is the best it won't be out of work for long
      Well he is but in this environment, when there are no games for how long, I don't know about that.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Well he is but in this environment, when there are no games for how long, I don't know about that.
        All we are doing is sitting around and reading as much as is available online until this passes. Dude can’t beat the bushes and write stories on players, staff, possible playouts for when things get back?
        Mookie would imagine a number of things there are to opine over. Heck the leagues HAvE to finish up with relegation and promotion, along with the lack of playoffs.
        There are a number of interesting items to write about.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          All we are doing is sitting around and reading as much as is available online until this passes. Dude can’t beat the bushes and write stories on players, staff, possible playouts for when things get back?
          Mookie would imagine a number of things there are to opine over. Heck the leagues HAvE to finish up with relegation and promotion, along with the lack of playoffs.
          There are a number of interesting items to write about.
          There’s plenty to write about, there’s nobody for him to write for and get paid for it.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

well.....

Comment

Still don't have to watch Newcastle blow it. Or be in over their head.

Think positive, mookie!
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

There’s plenty to write about, there’s nobody for him to write for and get paid for it.
                exactly, I just don't see how quickly someone will hire him in this environment with no games for a long time.

Grant Wahl was a must read for me when it came to USNT and soccer politics.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I have a feeling this is way more about the Maven retaliating for some of the stuff he said online.

Comment

I have a feeling this is way more about the Maven retaliating for some of the stuff he said online.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

yes I read that, but in the last 30 days Grant was very vocal about how Maven was handling the SI union certification and something about severance and here he is being prophetic. I couldn't find the tweet but at certain point I stopped looking after going back a couple weeks.

Comment

yes I read that, but in the last 30 days Grant was very vocal about how Maven was handling the SI union certification and something about severance and here he is being prophetic. I couldn't find the tweet but at certain point I stopped looking after going back a couple weeks.
                        These ones?
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

yup those.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            Still don't have to watch Newcastle blow it. Or be in over their head.

Think positive, mookie!
                            Mookie started the Sunderland til I die on Netflix this weekend. Halfway through season 2. Almost has mookie feeling bad for them

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              For sure. In the 70's when I first started playing soccer (the father of my best friend was from Manchester and they got me to join in 3rd grade since you couldn't play football until 4th grade. I later switched in 9th grade) soccer had very little exposure in the U.S. Yeah we had the NASL which did a decent job of promoting, and I even had a huge poster of the full Kicks roster in my bedroom. But internationally it was mostly limited to EPL highlights on our local PBS station Sunday mornings. I still recall the large white 'R' that appeared on screen. Beyond that though you didn't have much of a reference point to otherwise make you realize the NASL was quite a few rungs below the rest of the world even at that time.
                              Yeah, we had two shows on PBS, Soccer Made In Germany and Star Soccer from Britian.
                              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Yeah the NASL was weird.

I doubt there’s anything available for broadcast from the NASL, outside of the one season ABC did and that’s if they kept the tapes, as most of the broadcasts were local stations or syndicated. I know there’s a few Sounders ones on YouTube that someone kept and posted but beyond that I dunno.
                                NY Cosmos at Minnesota Kicks on Youtube. In fact there are a bunch of Kicks games on Youtube.
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X