This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    That’s an argument that they have different responsibilities and working conditions. A pretty good one for an equal pay suit. And one that is true.

There’s no way the USSF comes out of this without looking sexist anyway. They tried to settle and the Women refused, the USSF had to defend itself. Here we are.
    Complete and total BS.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Complete and total BS.
      It’s a perfectly valid legal argument with precedence:
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Did they, though?
        Yes.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

It’s a perfectly valid legal argument with precedence:
          It may have had legal precedence in the past
          ..to make that argument today is ridiculous.
          To also make the argument that
          USSF said the women claimed their ability level is the same as the men “by ignoring the materially higher level of speed and strength required to perform the job of an MNT player.”

“A reasonable juror could conclude that the job of MNT player requires materially different skill and more responsibility than plaintiffs’ job does, while also taking place under materially different working conditions,” USSF lawyers wrote. “The job of MNT player (competing against senior men’s national teams) requires a higher level of skill based on speed and strength than does the job of WNT player (competing against senior women’s national teams).”
          Is extremely sexist and if that's how the USSF feels it needs to defend itself...i hope they get taken to the cleaners.
          It should be a cash grab for the women...maybe then it can actually move towards real equal pay.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Is extremely sexist and if that's how the USSF feels it needs to defend itself...i hope they get taken to the cleaners.
            It should be a cash grab for the women...maybe then it can actually move towards real equal pay.
            Yeah...it’s such a bad argument. I get wanting to present about working requirements and conditions in an equal pay case...but this was done terribly and I also hope they get cleaned out for their absolute stupidity and sexism.

Comment

• Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

There is little doubt though that World Cup bonuses are not USSF's fault. Should USSF be pushing for equal distribution from FIFA? of course they should, but they shouldn't be paying out equal bonuses if they're not getting equal or near equal payments from FIFA should they?
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Ok, I agree the “strength and speed” argument is wrong and was obviously a dumb misstep by the lawyers. Obviously the USSF agreed and that’s why they’re changing to a different law firm and the President resigned. But you can’t deny the truth that Men’s soccer and Women’s soccer operate in fundamentally different worlds, the qualifying structures are different, the game environments are different, and none these factors are the fault of the USSF. So why is it the USSF’s responsibility to financially treat them as the exact same? Why is it the responsibility of the USSF to fund a $20 million plus (and growing) differential every 4 years?

And remember, the USSF isn’t responsible for only NT pay. It’s responsible for youth programs, amateur programs, referees, coaches, Paralympic, Beach, Futsal, the governance of the Professional leagues (guess where most of the NWSL funding has come from?) etc. That $50 million has to come from somewhere and that somewhere is gonna be from parents, players, coaches, referees, and spectators. It’s also going to come at the expense of future players for the WNT. It’s a selfish cash grab at the expense of an entity who can’t afford it.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Also, what is “real equal pay”? What is it’s actual definition? It’s something that’s always mentioned but never defined despite numerous offers of equal pay.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Also, what is “real equal pay”? What is it’s actual definition? It’s something that’s always mentioned but never defined despite numerous offers of equal pay.
                    Please stop. I assume you aren't but you sound like one of those Limbaugh jackholes who tries to defend paying women doctors and lawyers less than men.

This will not end well for you.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Please stop. I assume you aren't but you sound like one of those Limbaugh jackholes who tries to defend paying women doctors and lawyers less than men.

This will not end well for you.
                      And you make comparisons to situations that are not at all similar. Do some research Kep, you’re smarter than this.

The USSF offered literal, actual, equal pay from all revenues they control and the WNT players refused it and said it was “not equal pay”. So if literal, actual equal pay is not “equal pay” the what the f- is?!?
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

That is a perfectly legitimate post

Comment

And you make comparisons to situations that are not at all similar. Do some research Kep, you’re smarter than this.
                          Oh, I'm not saying you're wrong. I have no idea and it really depends on what your standards and rules are. There are some things it doesn't really matter if you're right -- you still give up. This is one of the Great Wisdoms and the only way to stay married.

The inefficiency of paying woman the same as men even if they warrant it less by some measure is overwhelmed by the social harm of paying women less for a job which appears to be identical.

It's like preferring one of your kids. For all I know the f-cker deserves it. But don't. What you lose on the back end is way bigger than whatever point you're making on the front end.

Shakespeare:

The quality of mercy is not strain’d,
                          It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
                          Upon the place beneath: it is twice blest;
                          It blesseth him that gives and him that takes
                          Shorter Shakespeare:

Don't be that guy.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 03-13-2020, 01:37 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The USSF offered literal, actual, equal pay from all revenues they control and the WNT players refused it and said it was “not equal pay”. So if literal, actual equal pay is not “equal pay” the what the f- is?!?
                            One question, how can there be "multiple contract options, which we strongly believe address the team's goals as they have been presented to us by the players and their representatives. In particular, we have offered to provide identical compensation to our women's and men's players for all matches controlled by U.S. Soccer."
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Oh, I'm not saying you're wrong. I have no idea and it really depends on what your standards and rules are. There are some things it doesn't really matter if you're right -- you still give up. This is one of the Great Wisdoms and the only way to stay married.

The inefficiency of paying woman the same as men even if they warrant it less by some measure is overwhelmed by the social harm of paying women less for a job which appears to be identical.

It's like preferring one of your kids. For all I know the f-cker deserves it. But don't. What you lose on the back end is way bigger than whatever point you're making on the front end.

Shakespeare:

Shorter Shakespeare:
                              I absolutely agree there should be equal pay. But stop asking the USSF, and people like myself who referee or coach or play, to pay for it. If you want the World Cup bonuses to be equal than go after FIFA.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I absolutely agree there should be equal pay. But stop asking the USSF, and people like myself who referee or coach or play, to pay for it. If you want the World Cup bonuses to be equal than go after FIFA.
                                They likely would if they thought that could be won.
                                Would the USSF support them in that endeavor? After their recent legal arguments I would think not.
                                So may as well go after a Federation you can beat.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X