Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a different note, this video popped back up in my YouTube recommendations. Always a personal favorite.

Efon Ekoku played for 14 years.
    Martin Tyler has worked as a commentator since the 70’s.

Neither of them understood the basics of offside.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• How the Bundesliga became a one club league.

tl;dw Being rich and successful makes it easier to become richer and more successful.

Fun fact from the video: Bayern have had a player in every World Cup Final since 1982.
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Quite a few US players have been shining in Europe. Nice to see.

Comment

• Watching LA Galaxy v NY Red Bulls, referee signals 10 (!) minutes of added time.
          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Pulisic!!

Comment

• I don't want to go to Chelsea.

Code:
              G  1 Areola
              D 34 Aina
              D  5 Andersen
              D 16 Tosin
              D 33 Robinson
              M 14 De Cordova-Reid
              M 29 Zambo Anguissa
              M 18 Lemina
              M 19 Lookman
              F 27 Maja
              F 17 Cavaleiro
              18th. 5-12-16 25-43 (-18)

9 points from safety.

Millwall will be lovely this time next year.
              Last edited by Kepler; 05-01-2021, 11:26 AM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Man U fans are protesting ownership and rushed their way into the stadium.

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1...078817799?s=21
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Man U fans are protesting ownership and rushed their way into the stadium.

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1...078817799?s=21
                  Clearly it's antifa.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Like with Arsenal, changing the ownership isn’t going to fix anything.

They just don’t want Americans owning teams.

Edit: This isn’t anything new. There’s always been a group of Man U fans that have protested the Glazers ownership. (To be fair, I’ve never liked the Glazers ownership either considering they bought Man U at the same time the Tampa Bay Mutiny were contracted by MLS)
                    Last edited by Jimjamesak; 05-02-2021, 01:31 PM.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Like with Arsenal, changing the ownership isn’t going to fix anything.

They just don’t want Americans owning teams.

Edit: This isn’t anything new. There’s always been a group of Man U fans that have protested the Glazers ownership. (To be fair, I’ve never liked the Glazers ownership either considering they bought Man U at the same time the Tampa Bay Mutiny were contracted by MLS)
                      The news also keeps saying it had to do with the failed Super League. Would they really be that angered by that? I'm assuming Man U would have been part of it. Or do they have that much loyalty to the Premier League?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

The news also keeps saying it had to do with the failed Super League. Would they really be that angered by that? I'm assuming Man U would have been part of it. Or do they have that much loyalty to the Premier League?
                        They’ve always been PO’d at the Glazers since the Glazers bought the team. The Super League probably was the catalyst for this protest but there have been protests against the Glazers for years. Much like Arsenal, the fans blame their recent lack of success on the ownership, and not the fact they’ve been on a managerial carousel and passed up by oligarch run teams.

There seems to be blame directed towards the American owners of teams involved in the Super League mess when, in reality, it seems more blame lies at the feet of Madrid, Barcelona, and Juve. There’s an undercurrent of anti-Americanism in English soccer, on everything from owners to VAR.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

They’ve always been PO’d at the Glazers since the Glazers bought the team. The Super League probably was the catalyst for this protest but there have been protests against the Glazers for years. Much like Arsenal, the fans blame their recent lack of success on the ownership, and not the fact they’ve been on a managerial carousel and passed up by oligarch run teams.

There seems to be blame directed towards the American owners of teams involved in the Super League mess when, in reality, it seems more blame lies at the feet of Madrid, Barcelona, and Juve. There’s an undercurrent of anti-Americanism in English soccer, on everything from owners to VAR.
                          In fairness, American owners have ruined most American sports, so they're right to be wary.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

In fairness, American owners have ruined most American sports, so they're right to be wary.
                            English, and European soccer in general, was ruined well before Americans got involved. The only difference between the Glazer family and Sky Corp is the Glazer family was actually able to purchase Man U.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

English, and European soccer in general, was ruined well before Americans got involved. The only difference between the Glazer family and Sky Corp is the Glazer family was actually able to purchase Man U.
                              Based on this I would say English football has been ruined since 1979. I dunno what that corresponds to? Ay-rabs buying in maybe?

It looks like by the early 80s the EPL, and the extinction of all interest, was just a matter of time.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 05-02-2021, 04:48 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Based on this I would say English football has been ruined since 1979. I dunno what that corresponds to? Ay-rabs buying in maybe?

It looks like by the early 80s the EPL, and the extinction of all interest, was just a matter of time.
                                1961 is when they abolished the maximum player wage rule. TV coverage (well, highlights) started soon after.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X