Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just go back to the way things were in, I dunno, 1955 plus impose a severe luxury.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Seeing reports that at least 1 franchise (unnamed) is having second thoughts on absconding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Just go back to the way things were in, I dunno, 1955 plus impose a severe luxury.
        Uh no. I’ll take the MLS system with some modifications. Teams should never be able to buy their way out of their own mistakes.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• I saw a comment on r/MLS that pretty much summed up my thoughts on this whole thing:
          The "football will never be the same" Rubicon has been crossed like a dozen times in the last 20 years and nobody's been like "Yeah, maybe we should do something about it."
          Nobody seemed to give a **** when petrostate oligarchs and shady East Asian betting companies got involved, pumping money into clubs in an effort to launder their reputations. Suddenly now everyone is getting misty eyed?

It’s honestly hilarious to me to see the reactions. I didn’t use The Matrix reference lightly, people really have been living in a dream world and now they’re having to face reality that it’s all BS. I guess being an MLS fan for so long, where we know everything is BS and it’s all a show but we don’t care, kinda numbed me to all this.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Seeing reports that at least 1 franchise (unnamed) is having second thoughts on absconding.
            Sounds like the English clubs not named Man U or Liverpool are pretty PO’d at Man U and Liverpool for “misleading them”.

I, for one, am shocked that the two clubs owned by Americans who don’t own MLS teams are the ones leading this.

Shocked.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Being reported Man City is bailing too.
              this will be dead soon.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                Being reported Man City is bailing too.
                this will be dead soon.
                Barca as well.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

• News from the UK says it's dead and ManU's chairman is resigning as a result.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Barca as well.
                    Doesn’t Barcelona need this league since they somehow mismanaged a net worth of $Texas?
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Doesn’t Barcelona need this league since they somehow mismanaged a net worth of $Texas?
                      I'm sure they'd like it, but must have seen the writing on the wall. Real is in crazy debt too, right?
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

I'm sure they'd like it, but must have seen the writing on the wall. Real is in crazy debt too, right?
                        Almost all clubs are in debt of some kind.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

A video explanation.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Uh no. I’ll take the MLS system with some modifications. Teams should never be able to buy their way out of their own mistakes.
                            The MLS model is teams don't even have to worry about their mistakes because they are never relegated. No thanks.

I love promotion and relegation but a very stiff and very low luxury tax is necessary to prevent this problem. It's stock car racing: make the most of what you are permitted to have. You want to pay Messi a billion dollars? Fine, he'll play with scrubs. Good luck with that.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The MLS model is teams don't even have to worry about their mistakes because they are never relegated. No thanks.

I love promotion and relegation but a very stiff and very low luxury tax is necessary to prevent this problem. It's stock car racing: make the most of what you are permitted to have. You want to pay Messi a billion dollars? Fine, he'll play with scrubs. Good luck with that.
                              I mean that’s what MLS rules do, you can have 3 DPs but then you’ve blown through most of your salary budget doing so. And you actually do face punishment for losing in MLS, missing the playoffs means missing out on additional allocation money, meaning your salary cap is smaller and you have to
                              work that much harder to move up. Sure, you get a high draft pick but the draft is meaningless these days.

I’ve said before though, you can’t have pro/rel and any sort of salary restriction on teams. No team is going to be happy losing hundreds of millions because of an injury bug and being prevented from spending their way out if they have the means. You can force revenue sharing with lower divisions but the bigger teams won’t like sharing with teams who frankly don’t deserve it in their eyes and then they’ll just bolt for something they control.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Also the whole “teams in MLS don’t get punished for losing because they don’t get relegated” is BS. Players, coaches, GMs’ jobs are always on the line, the team itself may not be punished but everyone involved is definitely being punished.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X