Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone acting like this is the first time this has happened....

Lol
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Everyone acting like this is the first time this has happened....

Lol
      Has it gotten this far before? Spurs posted an official announcement. Seems a lot more real than simple threats for tv money. Especially when UEFA is expected to go with the weighted system that would already benefit the clubs leaving.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• These 12 are just the "founding members". Other major Euro clubs will pull an SCSU/Western MI once the heat dies down and they realize this league will print money. Once they get 20+ teams, there is no need for anything else. They will have an "American style" league where they just play each other and that will print money.
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Has it gotten this far before? Spurs posted an official announcement. Seems a lot more real than simple threats for tv money. Especially when UEFA is expected to go with the weighted system that would already benefit the clubs leaving.
          It’s been openly discussed before but not officiallly “official” announced
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            These 12 are just the "founding members". Other major Euro clubs will pull an SCSU/Western MI once the heat dies down and they realize this league will print money. Once they get 20+ teams, there is no need for anything else. They will have an "American style" league where they just play each other and that will print money.
            Yup, and with the players banned from National Team duty they can play through international breaks and go head to head on TV.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Yup, and with the players banned from National Team duty they can play through international breaks and go head to head on TV.
              These matches will outdraw the friendlies that are seen in January, March, and September. They won't go H2H with the major Summer tournaments.

Players won't care at all when they miss international games. They don't collect paychecks from those games. Its the rest of their schedule that pays the bills.
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                All the clubs who joined the ‘super league’ can go **** themselves. One of the most shameful days in the history of sports.
                Yeah, how dare they want to adopt the same model as the NFL/NHL/NBA/MLB etc.

I mean jesus, I get why it's bad for everyone else, but let's not pretend FIFA/UEFA/etc. are some paragons of virtue here. And "Shameful"? Good lord, hyperbole much?
                Last edited by unofan; 04-19-2021, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Yeah, how dare they want to adopt the same model as the NFL/NHL/NBA/MLB etc.

I mean jesus, I get why it's bad for everyone else, but let's not pretend FIFA/UEFA/etc. are some paragons of virtue here. And "Shameful"? Good lord, hyperbole much?
                  Where in my post did I say UEFA, FIFA, or any other organizing body was virtuous? One of the fundamental principles of football is you have to earn your place on the pyramid. This completely goes away from that, and not for any good reason.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Where in my post did I say UEFA, FIFA, or any other organizing body was virtuous? One of the fundamental principles of football is you have to earn your place on the pyramid. This completely goes away from that, and not for any good reason.
                    I don’t know, keeping FIFA and UEFA off of the money train seems like a good reason.

Lol, earn your place in the pyramid? Most of the clubs in the PL and EFL were either founding members of the Football League or joined very early on and spent a century keeping other clubs out. Automatic promotion to the Football League wasn’t instated until 1986. Similar histories happened in Spain, Italy, Germany and France. The top clubs do all they can to keep their place while providing this illusion of “earn your place” to suckers like you.
                    Last edited by Jimjamesak; 04-19-2021, 12:28 PM.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I don’t know, keeping FIFA and UEFA off of the money train seems like a good reason.
                      Is there a way to utterly obliterate UEFA, FIFA, the EPL, the top 10 clubs in the world, and the people who own them?
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I'm all in for a new super league.

Hopefully this breaks the current system for both domestic and international games and they have to start over.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Is there a way to utterly obliterate UEFA, FIFA, the EPL, the top 10 clubs in the world, and the people who own them?
                          Mulch the rich.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Mulch the rich.
                            There's a pitch I would play on.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              I'm all in for a new super league.

Hopefully this breaks the current system for both domestic and international games and they have to start over.
                              I was thinking something like that. Kick those teams out of the domestic leagues and end the EPL. Next five English Champions: Fulham, Preston North End, Sunderland, Blackburn Rovers, West Brom. Hell let's throw the Magpies in there!
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                I'm all in for a new super league.

Yeah, it’s almost sad that people are so attached to a system that is so blatantly corrupt and skewed towards the big money clubs and countries that they’re angry when someone goes “we should do something different”.

The big thing is that the reaction is really just blatant anti-Americanism that is so prevalent in European, and especially English, soccer. They’ve long avoided doing things like VAR (it’s why it took so long to implement and why the PL and FA are trying to sabotage it today), rule changes (the NASL/MLS style shootout would be standard today if a European country had implemented the idea first), and administrative changes (even things like sharing TV rights among all the clubs in the top division was seen as “too American”). Heck, it took until the 90’s to get the sport fully on TV because the old guard was so entrenched in their ways.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X