Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, USWNT draws Sweden 1-1 and has their 16 game win streak come to an end. Continues the unbeaten streak to 38, though.

Tied the game late on a penalty that may have been generous. Initial contact occurred in the box, but the major contact that appears to draw the call looked to be outside. No VAR in friendlies, so referee's call stood.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Judge grants settlement on USWNT unequal working conditions claim.

Not really news as this was announced months ago and most of the issues were resolved in the last CBA negotiations.

The meat of the article was that this allows the WNT players to appeal the summary judgement against the WNT players' claim of unequal pay and this response by the USSF:
      In a statement following the decision, the USSF said it expected the USWNT to proceed with the appeal but that it is hopeful for an out of court resolution.

"U.S. Soccer is 100% committed to equal pay. We have offered the USWNT the identical compensation provided to our men's players for all matches controlled by U.S. Soccer.

"Unfortunately, the USWNT has not accepted our offer or our long-standing invitation to meet to try to find a resolution unless U.S. Soccer first agrees to make up the difference between the Men's and Women's World Cup prize money, which is determined, controlled and paid for by FIFA.

"Our request to meet still stands, and we hope the USWNT will accept our invitation very soon. We look forward to working together to chart a positive path to grow the game both here at home and around the world."
      It confirms what I and many others have been saying: The lawsuit is not an ideological crusade for little girls everywhere but a selfish quest for a payday at the expense of everyone else involved in soccer in this country including the little girls they claim to be helping.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Oh, and it's not like the WNT can claim it's an out of touch board at the USSF driving this, here's USSF President Cindy Cone in an recent interview:
        https://twitter.com/SiriusXMFC/statu...30205112541189

And if you don't recognize the name Cindy Cone you might recognize her maiden named Cindy Parlow, the same Cindy Parlow who was a member of the 1999 winning team.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• My god, those girls live rent free in your head 24/7. Show me on the doll where they touched you.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            My god, those girls live rent free in your head 24/7. Show me on the doll where they touched you.
            I’m sorry I forgot we can’t go against the *sniff* “Our Brave Women” narrative.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              I’m sorry I forgot we can’t go against the *sniff* “Our Brave Women” narrative.
              It's not that, it's just you hate them the way I hate Thumpers. We both need rehab.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's not that, it's just you hate them the way I hate Thumpers. We both need rehab.
                I don’t hate the WNT, I just hate the fact they want the bonus from the Men’s World Cup and want the USSF, and by extension me (as a fee paying referee), to pay for it instead of going after FIFA. And I hate the absolute BS, Trumpesque lying they use to further their case.

BS that people like you (and a lot of liberal folks) have bought hook, line, and sinker.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  BS that people like you (and a lot of liberal folks) have bought hook, line, and sinker.
                  It isn't that. It's that we don't care and hell at least they win.

I don't think women soccer players are any better than most people. In fact, they're probably worse cuz they're jocks and made even worse on top of that cuz they're famous. The jury is out on whether women replicate the male jock sh-tbird lifecycle, but women celebs most certainly do.

I just think maybe you could turn some of that energy in a useful direction, like hating BC.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 04-13-2021, 02:53 PM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

It isn't that. It's that we don't care and hell at least they win.

I don't think women soccer players are any better than most people. In fact, they're probably worse cuz they're jocks and made even worse on top of that cuz they're famous. The jury is out on whether women replicate the male jock sh-tbird lifecycle, but women celebs most certainly do.

I just think maybe you could turn some of that energy in a useful direction, like hating BC.
                    No, you’d be surprised at how many buy the trash Rapinoe spews. Heck, even the vast majority of soccer reporters parrot her talking points without even a cursory check of the facts.

And no I’m not redirecting my energy. They want to take money away from something I truly care deeply about and put it in their own pockets. I’m fighting them every step of the way.

People, especially people like you, seem to think the USSF acts only as an organizer of a senior men’s national team and a senior women’s national team and nothing else. And Rapinoe and company prey on that for their own financial gain and at the expense of thousands of players, coaches, and referees whom that money could, should, and in a lot of cases, need that money spent elsewhere.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• So you're saying you touched the doll's wallet?
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                        So you're saying you touched the doll's wallet?
                        I guess I get to do this again...

Rapinoe and the WNT players have stated the minimum amount of money to even just get them to the table to negotiate is $66 million.

$66 million just to get them to the table.

Total Operating Revenue (before expenses) for the USSF for FY2020 was $130 million.

But hey! Just pay them! Who cares right?
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          So you're saying you touched the doll's wallet?
                          "And all that remained was a smoldering crater."

I think we're done here.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• What the **** Minnesota? Loons give up three goals to Seattle in the opening game.

Edit: 4-0 now and that's how it finishes.

Oof.
                            Last edited by Jimjamesak; 04-16-2021, 10:49 PM.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Hey mookie: 2 in a row for Newcastle!
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Was looking at the Women's Olympic qualifiers this morning and there were a couple interesting items.

The first is that Great Britain will have a team. It looks like on the women's side, the Home Nations came to an agreement that the highest ranked Home Nation squad would be able to compete as Great Britain in the Olympics, provided they qualify for the tournament in the first place. Since the World Cup doubles as UEFA's Olympic qualifying tournament, England's fourth place finish put them as the #3 UEFA team for Tokyo. Interestingly, the agreement stipulates that it is the highest ranked team entering the tournament, not which team finished the best at the tournament. This meant Scotland was already ineligible for the Olympics even if they had won.

The other is that 11 of the 12 teams are ranked in the Top 37. In fact, the nine teams in the first three pots are ranked 14th or better. And then there's Zambia, winners of the CAF qualifier. Rankings got a little out of whack during Covid due to teams not playing, but they're ranked 104th for the drawing on Wednesday.

Since there are only three groups, and there cannot be more than one confederation per group, the USA's possible plays are pretty easy to list out.

USA (1)
                                Sweden (5) or Great Britain (6)
                                Australia (9) or China (14)
                                New Zealand (22), Chile (37), or Zambia (104)

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X