This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    That's the point. What part of "keep the big clubs happy" do you not understand?
    Since he got it correct it sounds like he understood it quite clearly and is expressing dismay over it. I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Since he got it correct it sounds like he understood it quite clearly and is expressing dismay over it. I agree.
      Yes. Dismay, like with the Mets' pen tonight.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I got that he understood, my response was along the lines of “I know you’re dismayed but what did you expect?”
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Upon further thought, I should note that every expansion of the Champions League is in the favor of the large clubs. That’s why it’s called the Champions League and not the European Clubs’ Champion Cup anymore. Group stages, more than one club per country, automatic qualification for the defending champions, it’s all designed for the large clubs and to keep them qualified.

If it wasn’t for the huge domestic TV contracts the big clubs would’ve bailed to their own league already. Ironic that one of the biggest things that’s killing the current system may well be the only thing keeping it together.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Upon further thought, I should note that every expansion of the Champions League is in the favor of the large clubs. That’s why it’s called the Champions League and not the European Clubs’ Champion Cup anymore. Group stages, more than one club per country, automatic qualification for the defending champions, it’s all designed for the large clubs and to keep them qualified.
            The NCHC of Europe?

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              The NCHC of Europe?
              More like the old WCHA or CCHA where everything was designed to keep Minnesota/Michigan happy.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• I completely forgot the CONCACAF Champions League started tonight. This Atlanta v Alajuelense match is peak CONCACAF in every hilarious way.

First Atlanta GK Brad Guzan fouls a Ala. player on a breakaway, referee initially pulls out a yellow, gets surrounded by Ala. players, referee pulls out a red and sends off Guzan.

Later, Atlanta crosses a ball into Ala's penalty area, it hits a sliding Ala player in the face and the referee calls a PK for a handball. Atlanta scores and it's 1-0 right now.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I completely forgot the CONCACAF Champions League started tonight. This Atlanta v Alajuelense match is peak CONCACAF in every hilarious way.

First Atlanta GK Brad Guzan fouls a Ala. player on a breakaway, referee initially pulls out a yellow, gets surrounded by Ala. players, referee pulls out a red and sends off Guzan.

Later, Atlanta crosses a ball into Ala's penalty area, it hits a sliding Ala player in the face and the referee calls a PK for a handball. Atlanta scores and it's 1-0 right now.
                  So is it incompetent or fixed? Cuz your examples sound like it's fixed. And from what I know of CONCACAF...

Too bad they couldn't do that to get us into the Cup.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

So is it incompetent or fixed? Cuz your examples sound like it's fixed. And from what I know of CONCACAF...

Too bad they couldn't do that to get us into the Cup.
                    Not fixed, just incompetent. It’s so common in this competition that “CONCACAF” is a verb.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Not fixed, just incompetent. It’s so common in this competition that “CONCACAF” is a verb.
                      LOL. Got it. Doesn't surprise me.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

LOL. Got it. Doesn't surprise me.
                        Of course, not long after I type that, CONCACAF confirms plans to rollout VAR in club and men’s national team competitions.

Semifinals and Finals for CONCACAF Champions League.

CONCACAF Nations League Finals.

2021 Gold Cup.

I’m sure the rollout will be smooth with absolutely no issues at all.

At all.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• This is why VAR is a need in CONCACAF:

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/nmmqey
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• B*tches be trippin'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCIB...=AwetWediTeklu
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                              NOTHING good ever happens when the ball goes into the corner like that, especially in the corner with no AR.

Also, *puts on assessor hat*, where was the referee? More than two players in that situation you need to be A LOT closer than what she was.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Apparently Fox hasn't gotten any better making the fake crowd noise authentic.

USA vs Sweden in Sweden for a friendly and Fox makes it sound like a sold out Rose Bowl any time the US does anything good. Last year during Brewers-Cubs they had the crowd go ballistic cheering on a three run homer by Milwaukee... at Wrigley.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X