Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will say, it’s a coin flip between North Carolina and Lyon over who’s the best Women’s team in the world with Portland and Wolfsburg not far behind.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Comment

• Costa Rica, Mexico, and the US all in the same group, with one of them guaranteed to not qualify.

It’s also crappy they can’t use the actual best U-23 team (well U-24 team in this case).

bUt ThE mEn ArE tErRiBlE because they can’t qualify for the Olympics...
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Costa Rica, Mexico, and the US all in the same group, with one of them guaranteed to not qualify.
          Per FIFA rank,

Code:
           9 Mexico
          22 United States
          50 Costa Rica
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Is there any professional women's soccer outside of the US above the level of a Catholic Middle School?
            Kepler is asking “boys” middle school?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Per FIFA rank,

Code:
               9 Mexico
              22 United States
              50 Costa Rica
              Yeah, CONCACAF seeds the Olympic Qualifying based on the results last time, meaning Mexico and Honduras got the seeds because they were the two countries to qualify directly (the US lost a playoff to Colombia). So the other group is Honduras, Canada, Haiti, and El Salvador.

And the tournament is in Mexico.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Yeah, CONCACAF seeds the Olympic Qualifying based on the results last time, meaning Mexico and Honduras got the seeds because they were the two countries to qualify directly (the US lost a playoff to Colombia). So the other group is Honduras, Canada, Haiti, and El Salvador.

And the tournament is in Mexico.
                Are FIFA ranks ELO-like and reflect ongoing international competitions? Are there just not enough data points outside the qualifiers?

In other words, is Costa Rica that bad? They sure don't look tough on paper.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Kepler is asking “boys” middle school?
                  They're Catholic. What's the difference? The girls are as hairy as the boys and the boys are as sexually messed up as the girls.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• U.S. hit a post early on to miss a very nice opportunity.

Comment

Per FIFA rank,

Code:
                       9 Mexico
                      22 United States
                      50 Costa Rica
                      Those are the senior team rankings, though. Doesn't quite translate to this tournament being U23 + 3.

There are some random countries, like Mali, that are mainstays at the U20 World Cup, but that success never seems to make it to the senior level game.

Side note: I have no idea if TV was taken into consideration when building this stadium, but these shadows are brutal. At least the ball is white so you can sort of track it when it plays to the far side.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Possibly outplayed so far but the US goes up 1-0 at 35:00!!

Comment

• *exhale*

”It doesn’t matter if you win by an inch or a mile, a win is a win.” - Dominic Toretto

That was ugly as **** but they got the job done. Win on Sunday and they advance to the playoff.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Also, a yellow for simulation to Costa Rica AND the benefit call on a possible PK?

Who is this ref and how do we get him again?
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Those are the senior team rankings, though. Doesn't quite translate to this tournament being U23 + 3.

There are some random countries, like Mali, that are mainstays at the U20 World Cup, but that success never seems to make it to the senior level game.

Side note: I have no idea if TV was taken into consideration when building this stadium, but these shadows are brutal. At least the ball is white so you can sort of track it when it plays to the far side.
                              It's not even U23 + 3, it's just a straight U23 (well U24) but it is still CONCACAF, Mexico, the US, and Costa Rica are likely always favorites.

It also should be said that this isn't even a first choice US U23 team, not even really a second choice either. Heck, Pulisic, McKennie, and Reyna are all eligible to play in this tournament.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

It's not even U23 + 3, it's just a straight U23 (well U24) but it is still CONCACAF, Mexico, the US, and Costa Rica are likely always favorites.

It also should be said that this isn't even a first choice US U23 team, not even really a second choice either. Heck, Pulisic, McKennie, and Reyna are all eligible to play in this tournament.
                                I realize the Olympics are not nearly as big as the WC, but with that said these players should be made available. What is the deal there?

Comment

Working...
                                X