Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    That's the kicker: You have 60 and 90 day minimums for venue selection and it seems that is about when things are announced. There is absolutely no need to announce right at the deadline. Name another sport where you don't know where your team will be playing three months in advance of an international level match. (This also plays into the fact that US Soccer rotates these single matches through about 15-20 different venues all across the country based on their particular needs). It's a great way to keep the most important matches for the team inaccessible for a good chunk of their potential fanbase.
    Like I said, I think gamesmanship is a factor here (keep in mind US Soccer is required by the players' CBA to create the best advantage possible for WCQ games). I mean it's CONCACAF, that kind of stuff is every day stuff. Qualifying games aren't really necessarily for growing the fanbase anyway, their first and foremost priority is three points and World Cup qualification (one of the points that I brought up in the WNT lawsuit discussion was that the MNT does limit their revenue potential in favor of home field advantage). I understand your frustration, believe me I have those problems at a level 10x to you, but I'll just say there are other factors in play here.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

      How far out is the FIFA calendar made? They may not have the international break blocks yet.
      I believe the International Windows are set already and that's why they're already scheduled out like this.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

      Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

        Does anyone not in the first pot actually have a shot to move out of group play? Based on the Gold Cup last year, maybe Guyana, since they have the weakest Pot 1 opponent. The plan was to get everyone more games and increase competition, but this definitely looks like it will end up like a reverse UEFA group with one team running away with it by 8-10 points.
        Guyana and Guatemala are really the only two I can think of, maybe Antigua if El Salvador lays an egg. It is CONCACAF after all.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Like I said, I think gamesmanship is a factor here (keep in mind US Soccer is required by the players' CBA to create the best advantage possible for WCQ games). I mean it's CONCACAF, that kind of stuff is every day stuff. Qualifying games aren't really necessarily for growing the fanbase anyway, their first and foremost priority is three points and World Cup qualification (one of the points that I brought up in the WNT lawsuit discussion was that the MNT does limit their revenue potential in favor of home field advantage). I understand your frustration, believe me I have those problems at a level 10x to you, but I'll just say there are other factors in play here.
          It's more or less the same procedure for all matches though... The timetable I posted earlier is the same for friendlies too. US Soccer has the ability to make their 4-8 home dates/year for the USMNT destination events. Despite the assinine execution I mentioned, they still can manage to get 10K people to go... Actually make it accessible and you can get 20k or 30k and maybe be able to actually show the crowd on the side of the field with the cameras or in the upper deck.

          I get wanting a "home field advantage". I'm not saying put US/Mexico in the Rose Bowl at $200/ticket. We are also at a point however, that there really isn't a way to filter out opposing fans from buying tickets. There isn't a single effort in any sport where this has been both successful and NOT gotten the team roasted from a P.R. standpoint (Nashville/Chicago in the NHL seems to be the most recent example of this from the US Big 4).

          If you really want to do this, allow A.O. to buy 10k+ tickets for US/Mexico and don't allow resale. The tech capability is present to do this. US Soccer can create the home field advantage.... Their heads are so far up their asses while sitting on a mountain top, they just can't see that they are alienating the people that will allow them to do so...
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

          Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

          Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

          Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

            It's more or less the same procedure for all matches though... The timetable I posted earlier is the same for friendlies too. US Soccer has the ability to make their 4-8 home dates/year for the USMNT destination events. Despite the assinine execution I mentioned, they still can manage to get 10K people to go... Actually make it accessible and you can get 20k or 30k and maybe be able to actually show the crowd on the side of the field with the cameras or in the upper deck.

            I get wanting a "home field advantage". I'm not saying put US/Mexico in the Rose Bowl at $200/ticket. We are also at a point however, that there really isn't a way to filter out opposing fans from buying tickets. There isn't a single effort in any sport where this has been both successful and NOT gotten the team roasted from a P.R. standpoint (Nashville/Chicago in the NHL seems to be the most recent example of this from the US Big 4).

            If you really want to do this, allow A.O. to buy 10k+ tickets for US/Mexico and don't allow resale. The tech capability is present to do this. US Soccer can create the home field advantage.... Their heads are so far up their asses while sitting on a mountain top, they just can't see that they are alienating the people that will allow them to do so...
            Friendlies are a whole different ball game, I doubt that many of them signed are more than 6 months in advance (pre-World Cup friendlies are not signed until after the draw is held for example) and they come with a whole different level of bureaucratic and contractual messes. Again, I don't think US Soccer is an innocent party here and they do make mistakes (ticket prices lately) but I also think you mistake bureaucratic and competitive realities for negligence.

            And US Soccer has been filtering out opposing fans for WCQ games since qualifying for the 1998 World Cup. It's always brought up by Pancho Villa's Army and others and generally gets ignored.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

            Comment


            • 10 ET / 7 PT Sunday, Jim.

              Clash of the titans. Or something.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                10 ET / 7 PT Sunday, Jim.

                Clash of the titans. Or something.
                It seems like Seattle will have its full lineup available for the first time this season. So that’s fun.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                Comment


                • 70 mins of great soccer from Portland.

                  The last 20... um...
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    70 mins of great soccer from Portland.

                    The last 20... um...
                    So take away the fans and Seattle wins by 3 instead just one!
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

                    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      So take away the fans and Seattle wins by 3 instead just one!
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • Messi wants out of Barcelona.

                        Let the speculation begin!

                        (It’s probably gonna be Man City)
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

                        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Messi wants out of Barcelona.

                          Let the speculation begin!

                          (It’s probably gonna be Man City)
                          Is he old and worn out enough to come to MLS?
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                            Is he old and worn out enough to come to MLS?
                            Miami yes, Galaxy not quite.


                            All joking aside, I’m sure there are clubs everywhere checking their finances and calling his agent.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

                            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                            Comment


                            • MLS seems to going ahead with tonight’s games as Orlando and Nashville has kicked off.

                              Kind of disappointing but understandable considering how little leverage MLS players have.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

                              Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                              Comment


                              • Welp, nevermind. Rest of tonight’s games are postponed.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

                                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X