Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC Dallas is out of the tournament now.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      FC Dallas is out of the tournament now.
      Not shocking, we might get something similar with Nashville. If the NWSL is anything to go by losing one or two teams shouldn't effect the tournament so much.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• MLS Is Back (Not you Dallas) tournament starting now with Orlando and Miami.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Jim, do the FIFA laws of the game govern everything MLS does? Someone on Twitter pointed out the giant Adidas logo was a very prominent violation of FIFA’s rule against on-field advertising.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            Jim, do the FIFA laws of the game govern everything MLS does? Someone on Twitter pointed out the giant Adidas logo was a very prominent violation of FIFA’s rule against on-field advertising.
            Yes, it’ll be interesting to see if FIFA says anything.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• As expected, Nashville out now.

Chicago moves to Group B with Seattle, Vancouver, and San Jose.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• DC vs Toronto postponed due to two possible positive tests. They're now retesting both teams.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• The CAS overturned Man City’s European ban and reduced their to €10 million.

And with that, FFP is dead and European soccer is likely to become a Middle East arms race.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    The CAS overturned Man City’s European ban and reduced their to €10 million.

And with that, FFP is dead and European soccer is likely to become a Middle East arms race.
                    Is this a deliberate choice? Like they projected all the scenarios and calculated the highest expected value is turning the EPL into La Liga? And where will the cut line be? I see Man City, Man U, Liverpool above it. Anybody else or do we have a 3-club league until the End Times when Preston North End will rise again?
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Leeds United have been promoted to the Premier League.

Hopefully this time they won’t go bankrupt.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Leeds United have been promoted to the Premier League.

Hopefully this time they won’t go bankrupt.
                        Cool.

Now we just need Derby.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Cool.

Now we just need Derby.
                          Why Derby?
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• The opposition to the “El Trafico” name.

JFC, do the LAFC people know how bad they really are when everyone roots for the f*ing Galaxy? Ya know, the team that every other fanbase in the league hates with a burning passion. El Trafico is an outstanding rivalry name, second only to “Hell Is Real”. I will never understand why elements of soccer in this country have to seek this European validation for s-. It’s ok to have American takes on the game.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• In NWSL news, USWNT and Washington Spirit player Rose Lavelle was restricted to 30 minutes of playing in her teams' Quarterfinal game https://twitter.com/JeffKassouf/stat...65458738384901]due to an agreement made with the USWNTPA[/url].

One of the biggest challenges the NWSL faces every day is the fact that their biggest stars have little desire to make the commitment for the league to succeed. While I understand the injury fears, it is highly likely the USWNT will not play at all this year. Also, it's next competitive matches aren't until the Olympics next year (because, let's face it, no one except possibly Brazil will be traveling for the SheBelieves Cup if they try to hold it). Forcing restrictions on playing time when the next matches are 6+ months away, and the next competitive matches are 12+ away, is ridiculous. But par for the course with the USWNTPA and NWSL.

Edit: F- it. I have no clue what’s going on with the url tags but I can’t fix it so it stays broken.
                              Last edited by Jimjamesak; 07-18-2020, 07:06 PM.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Wondo! Quakes!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X