Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Ah, I found the biggest flaw in their system:
    Before a season begins, a team’s SPI ratings are based on two factors: its ratings at the end of the previous season, and its market value as calculated by Transfermarkt (a site that assigns a monetary value to each player, based on what they would fetch in a transfer). We’ve found that a team’s market value — relative to their league’s average value — is strongly correlated with its end-of-season SPI rating. Thus, we use these market values to infer each team’s preseason SPI rating.
    Transfermarkt is a terrible metric to be basing things upon. The numbers for player value are a guess at best and completely fabricated at worst. Basing 33% of a team’s’ initial ranking on unreliable numbers is dumb.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

From first glance at things it looks like the players did pretty well.

1. Mandatory charter flights.
        2. No more TAM.
        3. Free Agency at 24 yo and 5 years plus teams aren’t limited in how many FAs they can sign.
        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

2. No more TAM.
          3. Free Agency at 24 yo and 5 years plus teams aren’t limited in how many FAs they can sign.
          Does this mean the clubs are uncapped now? And does that mean anything with league rather than team ownership of players? Does it just mean that the league can now buy any amount of players it wants (however it assigns them)?

I'm not saying the model is wrong. But it is weird. It's like WWE.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Does this mean the clubs are uncapped now? And does that mean anything with league rather than team ownership of players? Does it just mean that the league can now buy any amount of players it wants (however it assigns them)?

I'm not saying the model is wrong. But it is weird. It's like WWE.
            No the salary cap will still remain. In fact haven’t made any moves to try to get rid of it.

TAM stands for Targeted Allocation Money, as opposed to General Allocation Money or GAM. Both are basically additional funds in the salary cap, they’re given out based on performance (both for “you suck” funding and also things like being a CCL team) and also can be traded between teams.

GAM can be used on any contract to buy it down under the salary cap. TAM was a problem because it could only be used on new signings and the Players hated it because it couldn’t be used to resign players (in fact teams had contracts denied by the league). With TAM funds being converted into GAM it means that more established players are likely to get better pay increases.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

major-league-plane

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                major-league-plane
                Better than a coach seat on a Delta flight.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

What's wrong with Delta?
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Hey, at least Delta has seats...

Comment

Birmingham (Alabama) Legion gains new fans in Birmingham (England).

It wasn’t all bad because something completely unexpected began to happen, a demonstration of the power of sports in the age of social media. Birmingham City FC fans in England started to throw their support behind Birmingham Legion FC in a big way. International partnerships were formed.

“Our social has blown up,” said Clayton Humphries, Legion FC’s director of communications and marketing. “We’ve gained over 1,000 followers in the last two days.”

“Up the Legion,” wrote Birmingham City FC fans one after another.

There have been purchase orders from Birmingham, England, for Legion FC merchandise. A Birmingham City FC supporter is sending me a shirt from England of their club.

Crazy as it sounds, BCFC supporters on Twitter then started to troll Birmingham Legion FC’s rival club, Memphis 901 FC. Fans of both Birmingham clubs started conversations about an exhibition match between the two teams.
                      And the best of those replies?
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Man Utd has been banned from the Champions League; sounds like financial shenanigans.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          Man Utd has been banned from the Champions League; sounds like financial shenanigans.
                          *Man City not United.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

*Man City not United.
                            Okay. Thanks for the correction.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              Does that cost the EPL a slot or just migrate it down?
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Does that cost the EPL a slot or just migrate it down?
                                It should migrate down.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X