Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    So I happen to be flying to Dallas tomorrow to spend my kids’ spring break with the in-laws. Someone talk me out of buying tickets to US-Mexico before it’s too late?
    Go. I still have fond memories of a random US-Trinidad and Tobago WC Qualifier game I went to in college. That's got nothing on a US-Mexico match.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
      So I happen to be flying to Dallas tomorrow to spend my kids’ spring break with the in-laws. Someone talk me out of buying tickets to US-Mexico before it’s too late?
      Go. YOLO. Not exactly the same but going to the CONCACAF Champions League Final in Seattle in 2022 was an awesome experience.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

      Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        So I happen to be flying to Dallas tomorrow to spend my kids’ spring break with the in-laws. Someone talk me out of buying tickets to US-Mexico before it’s too late?
        I went to the USA-Switzerland first World Cup game in 1994 in Detroit. Fantastic time.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

        Comment


        • Well you guys are useless! Section 132 (field level right at the 18), row 8.

          This will be my 3rd US-Mexico game. 1998 Gold Cup final at LA Coliseum (2-1 L in front of 105,000 Mexican fans plus me) and a 2004 friendly at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas (1-0 win).

          edit: Man, just rewatched the highlights from that 2004 game, which include about 10 chances for the US and only 1 for El Tri, but it was Eddie Pope in the 93rd from a rebound off a set piece that won the game.

          https://www.google.com/search?q=us+m...FpkRNDuTQ,st:0
          Last edited by LynahFan; 03-23-2024, 07:37 AM.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
            Well you guys are useless! Section 132 (field level right at the 18), row 8.

            This will be my 3rd US-Mexico game. 1998 Gold Cup final at LA Coliseum (2-1 L in front of 105,000 Mexican fans plus me) and a 2004 friendly at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas (1-0 win).

            edit: Man, just rewatched the highlights from that 2004 game, which include about 10 chances for the US and only 1 for El Tri, but it was Eddie Pope in the 93rd from a rebound off a set piece that won the game.

            https://www.google.com/search?q=us+m...FpkRNDuTQ,st:0
            I watched the replay (thanks for the share) and that imho was the best era for the USMNT. Hoping the current/next gen can match it over the next several years.

            Comment


            • Fukin (A)dams!!! Whoo hooo! Wrong end, though - need a few more second half.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

              Comment


              • Are you happy you went now LynahFan? lol Tyler Adams with an absolute missile strike right before halftime to put the USMNT up 1-0.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                Comment


                • Fukin (A)dams!!! Whoo hooo! Wrong end, though - need a few more second half.
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                  Comment


                  • DOS A CERO!

                    (again)
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

                    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                    Comment


                    • Surprisingly, only 59k in an 80k stadium. Wonder if the pocho mine is starting to dry up a bit for CONCACAF and the FMF.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

                      Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                      Comment


                      • Not a single player from MLS started? That's going to hurt some feelings.

                        Comment


                        • I think this is the second USA-Mexico game in a row where they’ve stopped the match late for the homophobic chants. I don’t watch many full matches of Mexico outside of this, but both USA matches they didn’t stop the game until stoppage time. Is it that the referees don’t acknowledge until the end so that they know they can run out the clock without having to abandon/forfeit the match, or are the fans just waiting until they know they’re going to lose and do it to show frustration and punish the team for not playing well?
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                          1966, 1986, 2007

                          Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            I think this is the second USA-Mexico game in a row where they’ve stopped the match late for the homophobic chants. I don’t watch many full matches of Mexico outside of this, but both USA matches they didn’t stop the game until stoppage time. Is it that the referees don’t acknowledge until the end so that they know they can run out the clock without having to abandon/forfeit the match, or are the fans just waiting until they know they’re going to lose and do it to show frustration and punish the team for not playing well?
                            That really isn’t on the referees, they’re acting as directed by the match commissioner and CONCACAF.

                            I think the fans have largely avoided doing the chant until they’re losing and the frustration starts to show.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

                            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Not a single player from MLS started? That's going to hurt some feelings.
                              Meh. Outside of Miles Robinson, I don’t think there’s any player in MLS right now that you could point to and say “they should be in the lineup over (insert name).” Maybe Kellyn Acosta over Cardoso but Acosta isn’t in great form. If Zach Steffen shows out in Colorado he could make a case for the goalkeeper spot, especially if Turner and Horvath continue to ride the pine.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

                              Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                              Comment


                              • I will say, on the field, it was surprising to see how ordinary and, once the US went up 2-0, defeated Mexico looked last night. Copa America is going to be a very interesting tournament for them.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

                                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X