This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    IFAB to introduce blue cards for ten minute misconducts.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/...-trials-soccer

I kept wondering why they’re called sin bins and not penalty boxes, and then it dawned on me they already have a penalty (area) box as an official part of the field.
    Yup, and “penalty” also has a different connotation in British English as it means “penalty kick” whereas we use the full “penalty kick” or “PK” in the US (and Canada).

Seems like Blue cards will be trialed at lower levels before it makes an appearance anywhere on TV. I know sin bins (or “temporary dismissals” to use the official term) are used in amateur leagues in England, wonder if they’ll start using them in the US.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Reading through some of the FA Cup prelims there was a team that lost their game, won an appeal and then won the replay because an official used the sin bin rule when the FA Cup doesn’t.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Reading through some of the FA Cup prelims there was a team that lost their game, won an appeal and then won the replay because an official used the sin bin rule when the FA Cup doesn’t.
        Ah, the old "I forgot what ruleset we were using" mistake. Common in the US where we have three different rulesets (FIFA/IFAB/Club, High School, College) but a rarity in England.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Things are changing so therefore it must be bad.

tl;dw Englishman mad that other, non-European countries will be at the World Cup so therefore the games will be terrible and qualifying is losing all meaning. Also, America big and am big mad travel will be harder.
          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• MLS season starting tonight with Miami (of course) vs Real Salt Lake.

Season starting with replacement referees because the league err PRO locked out the regular referees after they voted down (by 95+%) a contract offer last week. Tonight's replacement ref, the obvious best choice among the replacements, is a guy from Spain who moved to the US and has refereed mostly in USL League One (that's the third division) with a couple of USL Championship assignments. But! He has professional experience in Spain! In the third division. As an AR.

And that's their top choice.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• For the first time in 13 years Mexico has beaten the USWNT tonight at the CONCACAF W Gold Cup. Thankfully for the USWNT it was just a group stage match.

Final score: 2-0.

Edit: Also the first time the USWNT has lost at home to a CONCACAF team since 2000.
              Last edited by Jimjamesak; 02-27-2024, 12:40 AM.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                For the first time in 13 years Mexico has beaten the USWNT tonight at the CONCACAF W Gold Cup. Thankfully for the USWNT it was just a group stage match.

Final score: 2-0.

Edit: Also the first time the USWNT has lost at home to a CONCACAF team since 2000.
                It's also the first time the USWNT gave up a goal to Mexico since 2010.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• RSL and LAFC currently playing in a beautiful Utah snowstorm.

Hugo Lloris going "I signed to play in LA not this..."
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• It's a torrential downpour in San Diego for the US-Canada semifinal. There are puddles on the pitch and the ball gets stuck easily. It is impossible to maintain control of the ball in these conditions. Trinity Rodman just had a breakaway and the ball simply stopped.

The USWNT should make an emergency call up of Katie Ledecky. Maybe she can swim past the Canadian back line....

Comment

• On any other day that is a simple pass from the defender to the keeper. Tonight, the ball dies and floats in a puddle at the top of the box and becomes an easy goal for the USA.

Rain 1
                      Canada 0
                      30'

Comment

• CONCACAF gonna CONCACAF.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Oh Canada, one of these days you’ll beat the USWNT. But today is not that day.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• I was going to ask, shouldn’t the ref have stopped play for dangerous conditions? But apparently she did after like two minutes and CONCACAF told her to keep the match going.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

I was going to ask, shouldn’t the ref have stopped play for dangerous conditions? But apparently she did after like two minutes and CONCACAF told her to keep the match going.
                              So we almost got the most CONCACAF moment of all time.

Apparently, Canada made a substitution after the extra time had ended but before the kicks, something that is not allowed unless it’s the goalkeeper. So if Canada had won there’s a good chance that the game could’ve been thrown out. Not because of the torrential rain and bad field conditions, but because of a referee error.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                So we almost got the most CONCACAF moment of all time.

Apparently, Canada made a substitution after the extra time had ended but before the kicks, something that is not allowed unless it’s the goalkeeper. So if Canada had won there’s a good chance that the game could’ve been thrown out. Not because of the torrential rain and bad field conditions, but because of a referee error.
                                How would that work in a tournament like this? Reconvene everyone for a new shootout? USA advances by forfeit for an illegal Canadian lineup?

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X