Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The USSF has told MLS to pound sand and denied the request to play with the reserve teams.

Twitter conspiracy theorists in shambles.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• In Euro news, the European Court of Justice has ruled that UEFA and FIFA have acted against competition laws and that they cannot prevent the formation of a European Super League.

A22 sports, with Barcelona and Real Madrid, have announced their proposal: A 64 team competition divided into three different divisions, 16 teams in the top division, 16 in the second division and 32 in the bottom division. There’d be pro/rel between the divisions and the bottom division would be more fluid with access to domestic league winners. The competition would have its own streaming platform with the matches being free to watch.

Most of the other clubs, including the Premier League, Bayern, PSG, Dortmund, and Man U, have already rejected it.
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• In other, other news: The rumored payout for FIFA's new Club World Cup in 2025 is a minimum 50 million Euros per team.

Like, chump change for the UEFA clubs but holy **** would 50 million be incredible for Seattle.
        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          In other, other news: The rumored payout for FIFA's new Club World Cup in 2025 is a minimum 50 million Euros per team.

Like, chump change for the UEFA clubs but holy **** would 50 million be incredible for Seattle.
          The field went from 7 to... 32?!
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Most of the other clubs, including the Premier League, Bayern, PSG, Dortmund, and Man U, have already rejected it.
            The Bundesliga teams will not join as long as the fans are against it, but the top Premier League teams will jump back on board as soon as they can safely do it. If you think the Glazers give a damm about the English football pyramid or sporting integrity, I have some oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The field went from 7 to... 32?!
              TBF, it’s every four years instead of every year now so the field really went from 28 to 32.

For information purposes, 50 million Euros is about $55 million. Seattle spent about $19 million in salary in 2023.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

The Bundesliga teams will not join as long as the fans are against it, but the top Premier League teams will jump back on board as soon as they can safely do it. If you think the Glazers give a damm about the English football pyramid or sporting integrity, I have some oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you.
                Why would they? They’re already in the Super League aka the Premier League. Financial growth in the PL is significantly larger than any other league.

That’s why Madrid and Barcelona are still trying to get this thing off. With the growth of the Premier League and the rise of clubs backed by wealthy petrostates, Madrid and Barcelona (and Italian clubs like Juventus and AC Milan) are on the verge of becoming functionally irrelevant.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Why would they?
                  Is this a trick question?

Because they can make even more money.

It also will allow the English clubs to maintain the advantage over top teams in other countries. If they eschew the Money League then other teams will close that gap.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Is this a trick question?

Because they can make even more money.

It also will allow the English clubs to maintain the advantage over top teams in other countries. If they eschew the Money League then other teams will close that gap.
                    They’d lose money from the Premier League though (it would be inevitable). I think the English clubs have learned it wouldn’t be a net positive.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

They’d lose money from the Premier League though (it would be inevitable). I think the English clubs have learned it wouldn’t be a net positive.
                      It would depend on the format, but the proposal I saw has the teams cashing in on both their domestic as well as the international TV deals. It would be the same as the current Champions League, just bigger and more lucrative.

Since the Money League would be 64 instead of just 16 teams, it will be inviting more English teams than just the Big Six. That means they would approve deals that allow teams the dip into both revenue streams. Teams like Crystal Palace and Everton, who are perennial bottom half of the table teams may be against it, but Newcastle, Aston Villa, West Ham, Fulham...they will be for it. A team like Leicester could be relegated in domestic competition but still be in the Money League because of the title run nearly a decade ago.

​​​​​
                      ​​​

​​

Comment

TBF, it’s every four years instead of every year now so the field really went from 28 to 32.
                        Oh.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• It astounds me how some soccer commentators will have an entire narrative put together and speak about it in definite terms when a game is tied or within a goal. In the Man U-Aston Villa match Man U put together a huge comeback to go up 3-2 in the 80th. Even at 2-2 they were talking like Aston Villa had no chance to win, and by 3-2 they acted like Man U had just walked it off. Ignoring that the ten minutes without stoppage was just a bit less than it took Man U to score their first two, and that with the 9 minutes of stoppage time there ended up being 20 minutes remaining, which was just a bit less than it took Man U to score all their goals, it might as well have been 7-2 the way they spoke.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Level 6 Maidstone United is through to the 4th round of the FA Cup (round of 32).

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              Level 6 Maidstone United is through to the 4th round of the FA Cup (round of 32).
                              So how rare is this? Is this a 12-5 upset or are we talking like a 15 in the elite eight?
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

So how rare is this? Is this a 12-5 upset or are we talking like a 15 in the elite eight?
                                It looks like a Level 6 has made it three of the last four years, but before that it hadn’t happened since at least 2006 (then wiki stops listing the pyramid levels). 4s and 5s are common to make it this far, but really it’s partly luck of the draw. Teams aren’t seeded, everyone just goes into the same pot. Maidstone could’ve easily played a PL club last round but instead got to play a Level 3 squad.

Still, I’d say it’s more akin to a 15 seed in the Elite Eight.

Whats cool about the FA Cup, but I really can’t see lasting much longer as they already got rid of them in the quarterfinals, is they go old school and do full replays if the first match ends in a draw.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X