Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FIFA more or less set it up in favor of Saudi Arabia. By using the “opener” for CONMEBOL for the centennial and the remaining joint bid between Spain, Portugal, and Morocco, they were able to use up UEFA and CAF’s hosting turn as well. With CONCACAF hosting in 2026 that left only Asia and Oceania to host for 2034.

    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      FIFA more or less set it up in favor of Saudi Arabia. By using the “opener” for CONMEBOL for the centennial and the remaining joint bid between Spain, Portugal, and Morocco, they were able to use up UEFA and CAF’s hosting turn as well. With CONCACAF hosting in 2026 that left only Asia and Oceania to host for 2034.
      Why no China?

      I'd have liked to see the joint hosts continue for Asia with Saudi Arabia - Iran - Israel. Let's p-ss off everybody!

      Last edited by Kepler; 11-03-2023, 09:45 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

        Why no China?

        I'd have liked to see the joint hosts continue for Asia with Saudi Arabia - Iran - Israel. Let's p-ss off everybody!
        China hasn't really shown any interest in Football at all. Same with India.
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

        Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

        Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

        Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

          China hasn't really shown any interest in Football at all.
          I thought their chicks were a world power?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

            I thought their chicks were a world power?
            They used to be when only 3 teams were good. Now they are #15 in world.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

            Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

              I thought their chicks were a world power?
              Yea, they have fallen off as European teams along with Canada have tremendously upped their game. China never really chose to invest in Football after their success in the late 90s.
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

              Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

              Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

              Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

              Comment


              • They tried for like five seconds to go the Saudi League route and improve their domestic league by dumping money into free agents. After like one WC cucle of that not having any trickle down to improving the national team I think they gave up on that. Or the rest of the world just started upping their offers to match.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                1966, 1986, 2007

                Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                Comment


                • You'd think the most popular sport in the world could avoid allowing SA to host and still make bank. ffs

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    You'd think the most popular sport in the world could avoid allowing SA to host and still make bank. ffs
                    It's most popular because all the poor countries can play it.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

                    Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

                      It's most popular because all the poor countries can play it.
                      Without looking it up I would wager it dominates in ratings even in countries that aren't poor outside the U.S.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

                        Without looking it up I would wager it dominates in ratings even in countries that aren't poor outside the U.S.
                        You would almost certainly be correct. Look at the attendance and financial numbers for the lower leagues in places like Germany and England compared to other sports leagues in those countries.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

                        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          They tried for like five seconds to go the Saudi League route and improve their domestic league by dumping money into free agents. After like one WC cucle of that not having any trickle down to improving the national team I think they gave up on that. Or the rest of the world just started upping their offers to match.
                          They stopped investing money because they ran into the same problems the US and Australia and other countries run into: Most people want to watch the Premier League and not the domestic league. When the financial crisis hit it just wasn’t worth it anymore.

                          Also, having a bunch of match fixing and corruption scandals didn’t help.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

                          Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                          Comment


                          • A right wing, nationalist ultras group in Poland held a pre-game march where they unfurled banners against well known leftist aligned clubs like Celtic, St. Pauli., Marseille, and…

                            the Portland Timbers???
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

                            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              A right wing, nationalist ultras group in Poland held a pre-game march where they unfurled banners against well known leftist aligned clubs like Celtic, St. Pauli., Marseille, and…

                              the Portland Timbers???
                              That must have steamed you it wasn't the Sounders. :-)
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                                That must have steamed you it wasn't the Sounders. :-)
                                I just chock it up to right wing idiots being idiots.

                                (Yeah, it did a little)
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

                                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X