Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIFA more or less set it up in favor of Saudi Arabia. By using the “opener” for CONMEBOL for the centennial and the remaining joint bid between Spain, Portugal, and Morocco, they were able to use up UEFA and CAF’s hosting turn as well. With CONCACAF hosting in 2026 that left only Asia and Oceania to host for 2034.

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      FIFA more or less set it up in favor of Saudi Arabia. By using the “opener” for CONMEBOL for the centennial and the remaining joint bid between Spain, Portugal, and Morocco, they were able to use up UEFA and CAF’s hosting turn as well. With CONCACAF hosting in 2026 that left only Asia and Oceania to host for 2034.
      Why no China?

I'd have liked to see the joint hosts continue for Asia with Saudi Arabia - Iran - Israel. Let's p-ss off everybody!

Last edited by Kepler; 11-03-2023, 09:45 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Why no China?

I'd have liked to see the joint hosts continue for Asia with Saudi Arabia - Iran - Israel. Let's p-ss off everybody!
        China hasn't really shown any interest in Football at all. Same with India.
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

China hasn't really shown any interest in Football at all.
          I thought their chicks were a world power?
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

They used to be when only 3 teams were good. Now they are #15 in world.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Yea, they have fallen off as European teams along with Canada have tremendously upped their game. China never really chose to invest in Football after their success in the late 90s.
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• They tried for like five seconds to go the Saudi League route and improve their domestic league by dumping money into free agents. After like one WC cucle of that not having any trickle down to improving the national team I think they gave up on that. Or the rest of the world just started upping their offers to match.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• You'd think the most popular sport in the world could avoid allowing SA to host and still make bank. ffs

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    You'd think the most popular sport in the world could avoid allowing SA to host and still make bank. ffs
                    It's most popular because all the poor countries can play it.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

It's most popular because all the poor countries can play it.
                      Without looking it up I would wager it dominates in ratings even in countries that aren't poor outside the U.S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Without looking it up I would wager it dominates in ratings even in countries that aren't poor outside the U.S.
                        You would almost certainly be correct. Look at the attendance and financial numbers for the lower leagues in places like Germany and England compared to other sports leagues in those countries.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          They tried for like five seconds to go the Saudi League route and improve their domestic league by dumping money into free agents. After like one WC cucle of that not having any trickle down to improving the national team I think they gave up on that. Or the rest of the world just started upping their offers to match.
                          They stopped investing money because they ran into the same problems the US and Australia and other countries run into: Most people want to watch the Premier League and not the domestic league. When the financial crisis hit it just wasn’t worth it anymore.

Also, having a bunch of match fixing and corruption scandals didn’t help.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• A right wing, nationalist ultras group in Poland held a pre-game march where they unfurled banners against well known leftist aligned clubs like Celtic, St. Pauli., Marseille, and…

the Portland Timbers???
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              A right wing, nationalist ultras group in Poland held a pre-game march where they unfurled banners against well known leftist aligned clubs like Celtic, St. Pauli., Marseille, and…

the Portland Timbers???
                              That must have steamed you it wasn't the Sounders. :-)
                              Cornell University

Comment

That must have steamed you it wasn't the Sounders. :-)
                                I just chock it up to right wing idiots being idiots.

(Yeah, it did a little)
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X