This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Is Messi's MLS dominance bad for the league? Alexi actually says no.
    I mean, other teams are already talking about having to sign better players to keep up. I just hope it doesn’t end up in an old NASL style arms race.

It’ll be interesting to see how Miami does against Cincinnati tonight in the Open Cup. I wouldn’t say this is their first real test but Cincinnati is certainly the best team they’ll have played so far and it’ll be on the road. Granted, same thing was said about the Philly game and then the Union laid a dud.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• CBS/Paramount going with Ray Hudson for the Miami-Cincinnati US Open Cup semifinal and he’s already got some quality Rayisms out:

”He’s got more twists and turns than a cheap garden hose.”

”Softer than a mothers kiss at bedtime…”
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• The Messi Show continues as Miami advances past Cincinnati on penalties in the Open Cup. Miami is still “winning” but they’re definitely not dominating and against the better teams like Dallas and Cincinnati they’ve needed penalties.
        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          The Messi Show continues as Miami advances past Cincinnati on penalties in the Open Cup. Miami is still “winning” but they’re definitely not dominating and against the better teams like Dallas and Cincinnati they’ve needed penalties.
          I saw cincy go up 2-0 at 53 min and decided it was over and didn't look again. Oops.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

I saw cincy go up 2-0 at 53 min and decided it was over and didn't look again. Oops.
            Missed a whole lot then! :-D

Basically “and then Messi happened” as Messi assisted on two goals from Campana. Miami went up 3-2 in ET before Cincinnati tied it up.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• A beginner's guide to MLS.

Comment

A beginner's guide to MLS.
                Ugh, Zealand.

It’s not a bad video and it is somewhat informative. But, though he’s not the worst offender, he’s definitely part of the “I play a bunch of FM or FIFA so therefore I’m totally an expert on soccer and am therefore qualified to post YouTube videos explaining to you what is wrong with US Soccer. It all starts with Gregg Berhalter and MLS…” crowd.

I will say it has been funny to watch that group pivot to actually having to pay attention to MLS because their viewership has basically demanded it.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Ugh, Zealand.

It’s not a bad video and it is somewhat informative. But, though he’s not the worst offender, he’s definitely part of the “I play a bunch of FM or FIFA so therefore I’m totally an expert on soccer and am therefore qualified to post YouTube videos explaining to you what is wrong with US Soccer. It all starts with Gregg Berhalter and MLS…” crowd.

I will say it has been funny to watch that group pivot to actually having to pay attention to MLS because their viewership has basically demanded it.
                  I had never heard of the guy but that video popped up since I've been watching a lot of MLS bits on YT lately and I thought this was somewhat relevant to recent posts here.

Comment

I had never heard of the guy but that video popped up since I've been watching a lot of MLS bits on YT lately and I thought this was somewhat relevant to recent posts here.
                    Sorry, it’s nothing on you. I’m mostly just ranting because that stuff pops on my YT feed a lot and I have to play whack-a-mole to get it off.

I loathe the lot of them because they all just b-h for clicks instead of actually doing something useful to improve things. Take a coaching course, become a referee, volunteer to administrate an amateur club or league. Use Twitch/YouTube money to run a scholarship program for needy kids to play at higher levels. F-king DO SOMETHING to help instead of posting another video and jerking off to your silver play button.

I have more respect for Phillip Anschutz and he’s an evil billionaire, earth raping, Christian nationalist POS. But, he spent hundreds of millions of dollars to keep professional soccer in this country going.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Spanish football federation (RFEF) president Luis Rubiales plans to resign Friday after FIFA opened disciplinary proceedings against him over his unsolicited kiss of player Jenni Hermoso.
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                        Spanish football federation (RFEF) president Luis Rubiales plans to resign Friday after FIFA opened disciplinary proceedings against him over his unsolicited kiss of player Jenni Hermoso.
                        Not so fast,
                        Luis Rubiales refused to resign as president of the Spanish football federation (RFEF) on Friday, and said he will "fight to the end" after a week of growing pressure following his unsolicited kiss.

The president of Spain's Sports Council (CSD) and its Secretary of State for Sport, Victor Francos, subsequently confirmed that the CSD would take action against Rubiales, bringing a case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                          Not so fast,
                          Luis Rubiales refused to resign as president of the Spanish football federation (RFEF) on Friday, and said he will "fight to the end" after a week of growing pressure following his unsolicited kiss.

The president of Spain's Sports Council (CSD) and its Secretary of State for Sport, Victor Francos, subsequently confirmed that the CSD would take action against Rubiales, bringing a case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
                          Well, the RFEF needs to do something because 53 players have announced they won’t play for the national team if he remains.

Also, the manager, already hated, was involved in trying to force Hermoso to release a statement saying it was consensual.

Edit: Men’s players are starting to speak out now as well.
                          Last edited by Jimjamesak; 08-25-2023, 03:42 PM.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Also, the manager, already hated, was involved in trying to force Hermoso to release a statement saying it was consensual.
                            What the f---?

I get machismo. I get misogyny. But what was the upside there?
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So now they’re taking legal action against female player saying she lied

and people wonder why women don’t always come forward.

Comment

• FIFA, world football's governing body, said Saturday: "The chairman of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee, Jorge Ivan Palacio (Colombia), in use of the powers granted by article 51 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code (FDC), has decided today to provisionally suspend Mr. Luis Rubiales from all football-related activities at national and international level.

"This suspension, which will be effective as of today, is for an initial period of 90 days, pending the disciplinary proceedings opened against Mr. Luis Rubiales on Thursday, Aug. 24.

Comment

Working...
                                X