Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little surprised when I read this, The leading scorer among those still alive in the World Cup is a defender — Sweden’s Amanda Ilestedt (four goals).
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
      A little surprised when I read this, The leading scorer among those still alive in the World Cup is a defender — Sweden’s Amanda Ilestedt (four goals).
      I think at least two of those are off corners from their game against Italy where it was an auto goal whenever it crossed the end line.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

I think at least two of those are off corners from their game against Italy where it was an auto goal whenever it crossed the end line.
        Looking around I found all 4 of her goals are off corners. She's 5' 10"; kinda hard to stop that.

Comment

• The Messi Show travels to Philadelphia tomorrow as Inter Miami plays the Union in the Leagues Cup Semifinals. Nashville and Monterrey in the other one.

Kind of important as the top three teams (yes there’s a third place match) gain entry to the CONCACAF Champions Cup (though Monterrey is already qualified) so the semifinal winners will qualify.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Viva La Roja!

Comment

Viva La Roja!
              Wild last ten minutes and a brutal swing of two minutes for Sweden.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Wild last ten minutes and a brutal swing of two minutes for Sweden.
                It was crazy. Whooping it up when Spain scored; went to get a bowl of cereal, came back and Sweden was celebrating, and then back to woo-hoo.

Comment

It was crazy. Whooping it up when Spain scored; went to get a bowl of cereal, came back and Sweden was celebrating, and then back to woo-hoo.
                  Didn’t have too much of a rooting interest, though I like watching Spain’s style of play far more so that’s nice for Sunday’s game. I’m just glad it got out of the scoreless draw doldrums that was starting to become too frequent in the knockout stage. I don’t mind going to penalties but let’s at least get the ball in the net.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Didn’t have too much of a rooting interest, though I like watching Spain’s style of play far more so that’s nice for Sunday’s game. I’m just glad it got out of the scoreless draw doldrums that was starting to become too frequent in the knockout stage. I don’t mind going to penalties but let’s at least get the ball in the net.
                    Sweden does love its low scoring games. Thankfully we’re nowhere near 1990 World Cup levels.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Spain is definitely speedrunning women’s soccer right now. Went from never qualifying before to Group Stage in 2015, Round of 16 in 2019 (though TBF they probably advance if they don’t play the USWNT), and the Final in 2023. The scary part is that you can argue that they really haven’t fully committed to the women’s game either.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Miami leading Philly 4-1. That sound you hear is CONCACAF executives furiously playing with themselves while they plan what to do with the incoming Messi money.

(Miami qualifies for the CONCACAF Champions Cup next year with it's Leagues Cup finish)
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• The Messi Show goes to Nashville as Nashville beats Monterrey 2-0.

Nashville v Miami in the Leagues Cup Final.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Why did today's match start at 6(eastern)and yesterdays at 4. I'm getting out of my jammies at 6 to get ready for and go to work and have to watch score updates on the 'puter.

Comment

Why did today's match start at 6(eastern)and yesterdays at 4. I'm getting out of my jammies at 6 to get ready for and go to work and have to watch score updates on the 'puter.
                              One was in New Zealand and the other was in Australia.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Fun referee stat: Seven games by American referees in the tournament, not one had a review sent down by VAR.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X