Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a positive note, there’s a good chance that we’ll see an American referee on the final. And to help on that front I’m absolutely rooting for Japan and France.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Miami is last place in the Eastern Conference and in the quarters as well.
      Yeah, but Queretaro didn’t sign one of the best players in the world before the tournament.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Yeah, but Queretaro didn’t sign one of the best players in the world before the tournament.
        With Club America losing to Nashville on penalties, Queretaro is one of two remaining Liga MX teams (the other being Monterrey).

Methinks that Liga MX might not be so keen on Leagues Cup future. Though with it being a CONCACAF tournament and qualifier now they might not have much choice.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I mean, do you really believe he had the ability to not only not play Rapinoe, but leave her off the roster entirely? He had to take Rapinoe and he had to play her. I’m willing to bet that if it was up to Vlatko he would’ve left her off the roster.
          I don't buy he didn't have a choice to include her on the roster. However setting that aside he didn't have to insert into the game, but even barring that he sure has heck didn't need to use her on PK when it was clear all game she completely off. She was terrible on set pieces and flubbed several passes during the match.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I don't buy he didn't have a choice to include her on the roster. However setting that aside he didn't have to insert into the game, but even barring that he sure has heck didn't need to use her on PK when it was clear all game she completely off. She was terrible on set pieces and flubbed several passes during the match.
            I don't want to go too much into it but if you believe that the Manager of the USWNT was making roster decisions alone, without input and pressure from sponsors like Nike or broadcasters like Fox, then it's certainly something you can believe.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I don't want to go too much into it but if you believe that the Manager of the USWNT was making roster decisions alone, without input and pressure from sponsors like Nike or broadcasters like Fox, then it's certainly something you can believe.
              I didn't say there wouldn't be pressure on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I didn't say there wouldn't be pressure on him.
                You did say he had a choice which, when it came to Morgan and Rapinoe, he didn’t have.

It’s not anything new, Wambach had the same status in 2015 (and so did Morgan despite her injury), Lloyd had it in 2019, every 99er had it in 2003. It’s no longer hard coded because the CBA is different now but Morgan and Rapinoe were going to be on the roster and have guaranteed minutes no matter what Vlatko thought. That’s the major reason why being the USWNT Manager is the worst job in all of soccer.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Bayern and Tottenm have agreed on a $110 mil transfer fee for Kane. Now it's all up to him.
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

With Club America losing to Nashville on penalties, Queretaro is one of two remaining Liga MX teams (the other being Monterrey).

Methinks that Liga MX might not be so keen on Leagues Cup future. Though with it being a CONCACAF tournament and qualifier now they might not have much choice.
                    Didn’t want to go too much into it but, Club America lost to Nashville in PKs. A shootout Club America thought they won originally after their GK made a save but was overturned by VAR because the GK was (clearly) off the line. So what does Liga MX do?

Release a statement criticizing the officiating of the tournament.

The Liga MX fans have been whining about how the officials have been favoring MLS too. It’s funny because:

1. The tournament is being run by CONCACAF and they decided to cheap out on referee game fees and travel stipends so pretty much all of the MLS/PRO referees noped out and have spent the last month on vacation. The tournament has been almost entirely CONCACAF and LMX referees (the VAR on the CA-NSH game was an LMX referee).

2. It’s obvious that the LMX clubs thought they were going to walk through the tournament while playing in front of stadiums 2/3 to 3/4 full of their fans and neither of those has happened so they’re a little bitter.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                      Bayern and Tottenm have agreed on a $110 mil transfer fee for Kane. Now it's all up to him.
                      Kane says tata to the Spurs.

Comment

• Loons have continued advancing in Leagues Cup. Last two rounds by penalties.

Next up is Nashville.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• WWC - Spain/Sweden are through to the semis. Tues 4am EDT

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                            WWC - Spain/Sweden are through to the semis. Tues 4am EDT
                            Spain-Netherlands was a good one.

Apparently you don’t want to look like the best team in this tournament. US were the favorites and looked flat all tournament. Germany looked great after the first games and then didn’t make it out of the group. Spain was rolling until Japan blanked them in group play. Then Japan seemed to be in the drivers seat before Sweden took them out.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Spain-Netherlands was a good one.

Apparently you don’t want to look like the best team in this tournament. US were the favorites and looked flat all tournament. Germany looked great after the first games and then didn’t make it out of the group. Spain was rolling until Japan blanked them in group play. Then Japan seemed to be in the drivers seat before Sweden took them out.
                              So that means Spain is advancing to the final? Because Sweden has to be the favorite right now, having beaten the US and Japan. Or is everyone still on the England train?
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Also, England is playing Colombia and Colombia has the best nickname of any team in the tournament: Las Chicas Superpoderosas or The Powerpuff Girls.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X