Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    It's Scooby ffs.

    Their fIrst game in the knockout is coming up in a few days against Sweden.
    You were saying?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

      You were saying?
      They completely outplayed Sweden and lost on PKs. Correction - choked on PKs. There is zero chance that's how you envisioned them going out.

      Comment


      • Nigeria nearly took out England. Based on the highlights and stats is actually seemed like an even game, more so than the 0-0 score showed. But England took it 4-2 in penalties.

        The Aussies may be gaining some momentum. Off to the quarters after beating Denmark.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

        1966, 1986, 2007

        Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

          They completely outplayed Sweden and lost on PKs. Correction - choked on PKs. There is zero chance that's how you envisioned them going out.
          No, based on the articles I've read that's been the problem all along. Not the PK's but the other stuff. Their offense is a complete mess.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

          Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

            No, based on the articles I've read that's been the problem all along. Not the PK's but the other stuff. Their offense is a complete mess.
            What 'other stuff' in this match? It's clear you didn't watch. Corner kicks were 9 to 3, total shots were 22 to 9, SOG were 11 to 1 and the US out-possessed them. Unfortunately the Swedish keeper was phenomenal. So while you technically predicted the right outcome it had nothing to do with your usual "woe is me" whining.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

              What 'other stuff' in this match? It's clear you didn't watch. Corner kicks were 9 to 3, total shots were 22 to 9, SOG were 11 to 1 and the US out-possessed them. Unfortunately the Swedish keeper was phenomenal. So while you technically predicted the right outcome it had nothing to do with your usual "woe is me" whining.
              What's all that got to do with anything? That's like the hockey team that outshoots the other team and loses. Same same.

              The problem is their execution and creativity on offense is bad. Every article I read on the topic said as much. I mean, that's pretty much why they lost right? Didn't score. And the indicator was in the match against (Portugal?) I want to say where it went 0-0 just before the knockout round started.

              You gotta put the biscuit in the basket.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

              Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

                What's all that got to do with anything? That's like the hockey team that outshoots the other team and loses. Same same.

                The problem is their execution and creativity on offense is bad. Every article I read on the topic said as much.
                But that's not why they lost this match.

                Comment


                • Clearly as a nation we must embrace Scandinavian style socialism if we want to reclaim our status as a world soccer power.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


                  Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

                    But that's not why they lost this match.
                    Potato Potato Tomato Tomato.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                    Comment


                    • Queretaro were the last ranked Liga MX team and now they're in the quarters of the Leagues Cup.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                      1966, 1986, 2007

                      Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        Queretaro were the last ranked Liga MX team and now they're in the quarters of the Leagues Cup.
                        Miami is last place in the Eastern Conference and in the quarters as well.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

                        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                        Comment


                        • The assist on Columbia's goal was one of the sweetest passes I've seen.
                          A bad cause requires many words.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Don’t worry, they’ll do what they always do: Blame the coach, fire him, say “oh if only (insert injured player) was available”, change nothing and move on. The USWNT can never fail, they can only be failed.
                            And like clockwork the WoSo Echo Chamber is already on this. Everything is Vlatko’s fault, nothing on the players. And anyone who dares say anything about the players is being attacked (see the vitriol being directed towards Bill Simmons for wondering why Alex Morgan was starting).

                            A lot of hate towards Vlatko for being too conservative, too defensive, but I can’t blame him for it considering the offensive players available (two of whom he was basically forced to bring with because of marketing). He definitely has some blame but it’s not fully on him.

                            The other focus of the WoSo Echo Chamber is the lack of results at the youth tournaments, which is a red herring. Yeah, it’s not great but it’s also not the big deal they make it out to be. Youth results can be misleading, there’s plenty of examples on the men’s side to look at.

                            Can’t blame the writers too much though, they’d be out of a job if they said something truthful like “maybe Morgan and Rapinoe should have been left off the roster”.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

                            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                            Comment


                            • I won't argue overall, but his decision to not only keep Rapinoe on the roster but insert her period vs Sweden is alone a huge strike against.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                I won't argue overall, but his decision to not only keep Rapinoe on the roster but insert her period vs Sweden is alone a huge strike against.
                                I mean, do you really believe he had the ability to not only not play Rapinoe, but leave her off the roster entirely? He had to take Rapinoe and he had to play her. I’m willing to bet that if it was up to Vlatko he would’ve left her off the roster.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

                                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X